Chigozie Nnoruka Note

Why? Because Ford is taking longer to develop? Maybe Ford is just a rotational guy that can provide depth, does that make him a bust?
Idiotic people think you have to wow people or else you're a bum and I hate it. Our dt group has good depth and guys who get the job done so trust most schools would beg for our rotation group

Advertisement
I’m not sure aboht this one just because of the room. We gonna have to process out some people. We need more recruits because that’s how you really build.
Take this guy and Harrison-Hunte and get rid of Martin. Gives you 8 DT’s. Idk if Holley and Munoz will give you anything this year so redshirt them and roll with Bethel, Silvera, this guy, Ford, Harrison-Hunte, and maybe Miller gives you something.

Jon Ford will be a RS Soohomore this year, he will contribute, but calling him a bust after his redshirt frosh season is ridiculous. Sometimes the light bulb comes on in the 3rd/4th year, especially in the trenches. Not everyone is Warren Sapp.
Trenches development was probably hurt the most by our S&C program too. That improving (like our offense, the only way for it to go is up) should be a huge help for a lot of guys in their 2nd and 3rd year

Two things:

1) Too many people in this thread are scared of spelling "Rousseau" incorrectly, and it ain't even that hard, especially compared to Chigozie Nnoruka. :stephenahand:

2) Too many people are discounting Pat Bethel. He didn't get a whole lot of publicity next to GW3, but Bethel's a good player. I think unless Nesta or Ford takes a big step forward in their development, you can pencil him into a starting spot. He's improved his stats every year he's been here.

Now - are we saying that Bethel hasn't lived up to his 4* billing? If so - I can get on board w/that, because he hasn't played like a 4*. He's been solid, but not spectacular.

Jon Ford will be a RS Soohomore this year, he will contribute, but calling him a bust after his redshirt frosh season is ridiculous. Sometimes the light bulb comes on in the 3rd/4th year, especially in the trenches. Not everyone is Warren Sapp.

Ford will be a Junior, hasn’t taken a redshirt yet.

Advertisement
God **** our roster management is ridiculous. There’s no reason that you get 7 transfers in 1 offseason and they might all be needed to start. I’ve never been a Richt basher but thank god for Manny

And it might look pretty similar next season as well given how poorly 2019 recruiting has gone especially on both the OL and DL.

It would be a blessing to sign this kid.

He was UCLA's best DL in 2017 (10.5 TFLs) . He was just in the wrong scheme last year. We know what that's like after five years of D'Onofrio. Manny's upfield system is perfect for his skillset.

What I like about Nnoruka is that he's physically mature but young to the game. He hasn't played a ton of football coming from Nigeria and still has untapped upside. I agree with @HighSeas that he is pretty similar to Nesta.

If we land him, I think we are just fine at DT. We lack a Kendrick Norton to go toe-to-toe with bully teams like Wisconsin and Georgia, but we have plenty of age, quickness and motor to play high-level defense in the ACC.

Two things:

1) Too many people in this thread are scared of spelling "Rousseau" incorrectly, and it ain't even that hard, especially compared to Chigozie Nnoruka. :stephenahand:

2) Too many people are discounting Pat Bethel. He didn't get a whole lot of publicity next to GW3, but Bethel's a good player. I think unless Nesta or Ford takes a big step forward in their development, you can pencil him into a starting spot. He's improved his stats every year he's been here.

Now - are we saying that Bethel hasn't lived up to his 4* billing? If so - I can get on board w/that, because he hasn't played like a 4*. He's been solid, but not spectacular.
If Bethel is starting we are in trouble, especially against the run. He struggles getting off blocks. If the Oline gets a hand on em he's done for the play. He's only effective when he can beat the oline off the snap, which he doesnt do consistently.

Advertisement
Anyone else hoping that the only reason Stefan updates us with any info is so that you can read tdub’s response to it?

If Bethel is starting we are in trouble, especially against the run. He struggles getting off blocks. If the Oline gets a hand on em he's done for the play. He's only effective when he can beat the oline off the snap, which he doesnt do consistently.
OK - so he needs to improve. He can go from just solid to playmaker if he improves from now until Fall. He's got to put in the work. Can't just write him off because he has things he needs to improve upon...especially when this is his Senior campaign and it's time for him to have a big season so he can get to the league.

I'm not here to white knight for Bethel, but he's not as garbage as people are making him out to be. If one of the guys on the roster or a transfer beats him out - so be it. We'll be better for it.

Advertisement
Ford will be a Junior, hasn’t taken a redshirt yet.

Exactly. He's a junior at the University of Miami, but if he's the 4th or 5th best DT, he's fine. That's what he was recruited to be. LMAO, some real life dumbasses in this fanbase. Been smacked in the mouth with the mediocrity **** so much they're starting to enjoy the taste.

I am not worried about the defense. They will do their job as always but hopefully our offense can score a lot of points this year and allow us to give some of the younger guys on defense a lot of burn. Especially the DE/DT's. That was a huge issue for us this past year, even the year before. Always in a close game no matter what even when we should be blowing them out.

Advertisement
I’m not sure aboht this one just because of the room. We gonna have to process out some people. We need more recruits because that’s how you really build.

It’s a little late in the cycle to think we’ll be able to fill the class with recruits worthy of scholarships. I know there is still good talent to be signed but we aren’t a lock for any of them.

I like the current approach. Get as many instant impact guys as possible. Set yourself up for a big year 1 and reap the rewards of a good football season for manny’s first full recruiting cycle.

People are forgetting that Rousseau was absolutely dominant in the Spring last year. If he’s right physically, I don’t see how he doesn’t start opposite Garvin

I don’t think they are forgetting. I think everyone was tired of believing GreenTree hype just to see the player fail when the lights were on. I need to see the kid make plays before I call him a playmaker.

Advertisement
Back