Chigozie Nnoruka Note

Jon Ford will be a RS Soohomore this year, he will contribute, but calling him a bust after his redshirt frosh season is ridiculous. Sometimes the light bulb comes on in the 3rd/4th year, especially in the trenches. Not everyone is Warren Sapp.

Man. Reading is hard this morning. Nobody called him a bust. But IF HE DOESN'T START THIS YEAR, as I said clearly, then he's sure looking that way. Cream rises to the top by year 3, in the vast majority of cases. Sure, a Braxton Berrios comes along once in a while, but he had some pretty good kids ahead of him. The coaches are begging Ford to turn the corner. Nobody with a brain can call him a bust right now, but if he's still buried on the depth chart in the fall, then I sure as **** won't be counting on him any longer.

Advertisement
Are wereally doing this? Ive already clearly stated he is waiting to commit in person on his visit. What gives?
I have been on your side for most of this week long saga but come on. Should @Stefan Adams not report on things because you have already touched on it in some prior thread? You are not a staff member and he owes it to the board to put the info out there whether or not it's new to you, maybe you should just provide info and let others do the same.

We need Ford to step up. In the limited reps I have seen him play he has zero aggression. Just a big boy out there playing soft. Depth chart probably looks like this year.

DE: Garvin
DT: Bethel
DT: Nesta
DE: Patchan

2nd string is where it gets interesting

DE: Greg however you spell his last name
DT: Ford/Miller
DT: UCLA transfer ?
DE: Harvey/ another grad transfer

That second string looks real suspect right now.

Where is GReg15 at???

He’s going to be opposite of Garvin with patchan first DE off the bench if we don’t grab that VT transfer

Advertisement
Who does he start over? Serious question? I’m perfectly fine if he is that good and can start. Would be a huge boost to the line .
Probably Bethel.

I think Bethel is a solid player, but he's nothing special.

I could see Chigozie starting opposite to Nesta -- with Bethel, Ford, and Miller all seeing significant snaps as well.

Are wereally doing this? Ive already clearly stated he is waiting to commit in person on his visit. What gives?
tumblr_o7r954NmGd1v57suqo1_640.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need Ford to step up. In the limited reps I have seen him play he has zero aggression. Just a big boy out there playing soft. Depth chart probably looks like this year.

That first string is suspect

2nd string?

That first string looks real suspect

Advertisement
Probably Bethel.

I think Bethel is a solid player, but he's nothing special.

I could see Chigozie starting opposite to Nesta -- with Bethel, Ford, and Miller all seeing significant snaps as well.
I’ve really tried to like Bethel but he was definitely shielded last year from how well our DL played. He had a few moments but I would say overall he was pretty awful.

Advertisement
Back