Chigozie Nnoruka Note

Advertisement
Wow Rousseau? Before we even know how he has recovered from his injury? I do believe Patchan is more of a 3rd down guy so that would be big if he can take over.

I hate to say it with Patchan but injuries have derailed his career. He looked so explosive before and now is just out there. Hopefully another year he re-gains some of it but I think Rousseau is the more talented player and Manny will go with the 6-6 freak.

Heading into his weekend official visit, the UCLA grad transfer DT is the next target from the portal that Manny Diaz and Co. are hoping to add to the roster in 2019. The staff is a huge fan of Nnoruka’s game, to the point that they have a higher grade on him than last season’s grad transfer DT Tito Odenigbo, who performed well in 2018 and eventually started opposite Gerald Willis down the stretch. I’m told the staff is expecting to leave this weekend’s visit with a commitment from Nnoruka, pitching a wide open DT depth chart with the loss of both senior starters. While I’m still hoping to hear a little more on the west coast talent, UM is certainly in a favorable position going into this visit at the very least.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...e-told-2-different.144868/page-4#post-3819481

Advertisement
Why? Because Ford is taking longer to develop? Maybe Ford is just a rotational guy that can provide depth, does that make him a bust?

I don't know, if you want to split hairs then maybe you could argue no? I don't really care, though. He was recruited to be a difference maker, not a rotational stop-gap and pushed back on the bench every time Miami signs a transfer. And he was talked up by the staff as a difference maker.

In a perfect world, your upperclassmen dominate games and snaps, and your younger kids rotate in and really make an impact on their limited snaps. As the older kids graduate, those young rotational players become starters and dominate games/snaps. Wash, rinse, repeat. That's when you have a football factory. A kid going his entire career as a rotational backup is rather forgetful. And not saying that's Ford....yet. But all we talk about is the lack of depth across the DL. If you're in year 3 and still a depth provider only, then yes, in my mind you're a bust.

I don't know, if you want to split hairs then maybe you could argue no? I don't really care, though. He was recruited to be a difference maker, not a rotational stop-gap and pushed back on the bench every time Miami signs a transfer. And he was talked up by the staff as a difference maker.

In a perfect world, your upperclassmen dominate games and snaps, and your younger kids rotate in and really make an impact on their limited snaps. As the older kids graduate, those young rotational players become starters and dominate games/snaps. Wash, rinse, repeat. That's when you have a football factory. A kid going his entire career as a rotational backup is rather forgetful. And not saying that's Ford....yet. But all we talk about is the lack of depth across the DL. If you're in year 3 and still a depth provider only, then yes, in my mind you're a bust.

I hear what you're saying it just takes some guys longer to mature and add strength to handle playing in the interior DL which is why I'm not so quick to call him a bust.

Advertisement
Who does he start over? Serious question? I’m perfectly fine if he is that good and can start. Would be a huge boost to the line .
Kid whose been in a college program 4 years is a head mentality and physically. Unless nesta makes a HUGE jump this kid will be the 3tech. Usually takes that 3rd or 4th year for DL to really dominate

We need Ford to step up. In the limited reps I have seen him play he has zero aggression. Just a big boy out there playing soft. Depth chart probably looks like this year.

DE: Garvin
DT: Bethel
DT: Nesta
DE: Patchan

2nd string is where it gets interesting

DE: Greg however you spell his last name
DT: Ford/Miller
DT: UCLA transfer ?
DE: Harvey/ another grad transfer

That second string looks real suspect right now.

Hoping we get Hill from VT. Would start opposite Garvin.

Advertisement
Are wereally doing this? Ive already clearly stated he is waiting to commit in person on his visit. What gives?
Stop coming into someone’s house and taking a **** on the floor. We appreciate your info but you don’t have to be a dik about it.

How do you pronounce the name?

tenor.gif

Advertisement
I’m not sure aboht this one just because of the room. We gonna have to process out some people. We need more recruits because that’s how you really build.

Advertisement
Back