Chigozie Nnoruka Note

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Heading into his weekend official visit, the UCLA grad transfer DT is the next target from the portal that Manny Diaz and Co. are hoping to add to the roster in 2019. The staff is a huge fan of Nnoruka’s game, to the point that they have a higher grade on him than last season’s grad transfer DT Tito Odenigbo, who performed well in 2018 and eventually started opposite Gerald Willis down the stretch. I’m told the staff is expecting to leave this weekend’s visit with a commitment from Nnoruka, pitching a wide open DT depth chart with the loss of both senior starters. While I’m still hoping to hear a little more on the west coast talent, UM is certainly in a favorable position going into this visit at the very least.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If he starts then Jon Ford is an official, stamped bust.

We need Ford to step up. In the limited reps I have seen him play he has zero aggression. Just a big boy out there playing soft. Depth chart probably looks like this year.

DE: Garvin
DT: Bethel
DT: Nesta
DE: Patchan

2nd string is where it gets interesting

DE: Greg however you spell his last name
DT: Ford/Miller
DT: UCLA transfer ?
DE: Harvey/ another grad transfer

That second string looks real suspect right now.

We need Ford to step up. In the limited reps I have seen him play he has zero aggression. Just a big boy out there playing soft. Depth chart probably looks like this year.

DE: Garvin
DT: Bethel
DT: Nesta
DE: Patchan

2nd string is where it gets interesting

DE: Greg however you spell his last name
DT: Ford/Miller
DT: UCLA transfer ?
DE: Harvey/ another grad transfer

That second string looks real suspect right now.
Get this through ur head, the UCLA transfer will start, due has better stats and production than any of our DTs.

Advertisement
Get this through ur head, the UCLA transfer will start, due has better stats and production than any of our DTs.

Who does he start over? Serious question? I’m perfectly fine if he is that good and can start. Would be a huge boost to the line .

Who does he start over? Serious question? I’m perfectly fine if he is that good and can start. Would be a huge boost to the line .
Hes gonna definitely start over bethel and is probably better than Nesta, just depends on how much Nesta progress over ththe offseason.

Advertisement
God **** our roster management is ridiculous. There’s no reason that you get 7 transfers in 1 offseason and they might all be needed to start. I’ve never been a Richt basher but thank god for Manny

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back