Chickillo

Even after these combine numbers he put up, which were basically just above average for every drill, I doubt he gets picked before round 5. I get you can't blame him for the system he was in, but NFL teams aren't going to risk spending a 3rd rounder on him like some of you think, when he didn't show the ability to do what they are asking while he was here.

Obviously our system doesn't allow our players to perform to the best of their ability, and that's the reason most of our guys will be better in the NFL than they were here. But because they don't perform well here, they won't be drafted very highly.

IMO, Flowers in 1st. Duke in 2nd. Dorsett in 2nd. Walford late 2nd or 3rd. Gunter in 5th. Chickallo in 5th. Feliciano in 7th.

Perryman undrafted???

Advertisement
Even after these combine numbers he put up, which were basically just above average for every drill, I doubt he gets picked before round 5. I get you can't blame him for the system he was in, but NFL teams aren't going to risk spending a 3rd rounder on him like some of you think, when he didn't show the ability to do what they are asking while he was here.

Obviously our system doesn't allow our players to perform to the best of their ability, and that's the reason most of our guys will be better in the NFL than they were here. But because they don't perform well here, they won't be drafted very highly.

IMO, Flowers in 1st. Duke in 2nd. Dorsett in 2nd. Walford late 2nd or 3rd. Gunter in 5th. Chickallo in 5th. Feliciano in 7th.

Perryman undrafted???

Oh wow, Completely forgot to write him in. Perryman's also going round 2.

Sorry for the format I can't get the columns to line up. These figures were copied from the official UM site.
Compare Clive, Chick and Denzel.
I think it shows Chick is a much better athlete than most people gave him credit for.
I can't wait to see these guys move on and compete.

OFFICIAL 2015 NFL COMBINE RESULTS
PLAYER
(DAY) HT
(ft, in) WT
(lbs) HANDS
(in) 40-YD
(sec) BENCH
(225lb reps) VERT
(in) BROAD
(in) 3 CONE
(sec) 20-YARD SHUTTLE
(sec)

Jon Feliciano
Friday 6-4 323 9 3/4 5.33 - 26.5 97.0 - 4.74
Ereck Flowers
Friday 6-6 329 9 7/8 5.31 37* - - - -

Clive Walford
Friday 6-4 251 10 1/4 4.79 20 35.0 120.0 - 4.57

Phillip Dorsett
Saturday 5-10 185 9 3/8 4.33 13 37.0 122.0 - 4.11
Duke Johnson
Saturday 5-9 207 9 1/4 4.54 - 33.5 121.0 - -

]Anthony Chickillo
Sunday 6-3 267 10 1/8 4.79 27 34.5 114.0 7.17 4.25

Denzel Perryman
Sunday 5-11 236 9 1/2 4.78 27 32.0 113.0 - -

Ladarius Gunter
Monday 6-1 202 9 5/8 4.69 12 33.5 108.0 7.18 4.41

He was a misused 5* prospect huh? Like all the 5* prospects that played for the patriots and seahawks in the superbowl?

you can blame chick being in the wrong system but i dont believe that was the issue. Chick was just too heavy and couldn't move how he wanted too. but their were many times where chick had his hands on QB's and either slipped off the sack or slipped off the running back. he could have at least 8 sacks this year by all the misses he had. him being slimmed down will take him to that next level of actually getting those sacks.

In this system he needs to be heavy. You can't have 34 DE's weighing 260 lbs. They typically are around 280 or above.

Advertisement
He was a misused 5* prospect huh? Like all the 5* prospects that played for the patriots and seahawks in the superbowl?

A. He was a 5 star prospect
B. He was misused

Whether he becomes a starter in nfl is yet to be seen.
He doesn't need to be a pro bowler. How many starting DEs in league?
72?

What does one have to do with the other? Chick could have been a 2* prospect out of HS, he was still misused once he got to UM.

What does one have to do with the other? Chick could have been a 2* prospect out of HS, he was still misused once he got to UM.

Show me one play CHick made that made you say wow...

show me buddy

Show me one in-game adjustment Grolden made that made you say wow...

Show me one defensive strategy Grolden made that made you say wow...

Show me one recruiting class Grolden made that made you say wow...

Show me one contract extension Grolden made that made you say wow... oh

Advertisement

show me buddy
stop trolling and go back to your own board.. Why are you on a Canes board?

show me buddy

Show me one in-game adjustment Grolden made that made you say wow...

Show me one defensive strategy Grolden made that made you say wow...

Show me one recruiting class Grolden made that made you say wow...

Show me one contract extension Grolden made that made you say wow... oh

LOL, can't even remeber one play chickallo had...and yet he's going to be a draft day steal! What a joke.

chick can only blame the system so much. i mean, the system sucked but Denzel made plays, Duke made plays, gunter made plays, flowers played well, etc.

chick can only blame the system so much. i mean, the system sucked but Denzel made plays, Duke made plays, gunter made plays, flowers played well, etc.

the only meaninful play chick has made was finger poking some fsu player in the eye

the guy has shown nothing at being a 4-3 DE.....

golden made hgim nfl money with moving him to where he is now because that's what he'll be in the nfl

Advertisement

Aside from AQM's first month as a freshman when no one had film on him, what other defensive linemen made plays under al golden's defense at UM?

BTW - the best part of this whole topic is that golden will get credit for Anthony Chickallo making an NFL roster. :star:

Advertisement

the only meaninful play chick has made was finger poking some fsu player in the eye

golden made hgim nfl money with moving him to where he is now because that's what he'll be in the nfl

This jabroni has blatantly tried to suck Al Golden's **** and is now just flat out ignoring common sense to do so.

Your obtuse, stupid line of thinking of, "Chickilo didn't make plays or show anything as a 4-3 DE," is precisely the point being made. He didn't get a chance to because he was misused other than the seven sacks he had as a true freshman while playing predominantly a 4-3 DE.

Golden did no such thing of making him money. Only your band of Al Golden Cult members think so. Chickilo's stock has done nothing but rise since he left the staff. Chickilo wouldn't have slimmed down to 262 if he was going to be predominantly a 3-4 DE. He'll be a new player to be molded by a staff that will utilize him ideally.

Take your Al Golden Fantasy Love Camp elsewhere. Your willingness to bash Chickilo and blame him for the staff's failure and make it seem like he's some scrub that is being overblown when a true fan would cheer for him to become a star. You are an Al Golden fan and a fraud.

Every one of those guys do not play on the DL. Who have we had on the DL that has been that great? None. AQM and Mccord get all this acclaim based on the potential they bring to the table and yet that's all it's been because Golden has not put them in a position to be successful (AQM suspension obviously did not help). 4 years and no notable DL players.

This jabroni has blatantly tried to suck Al Golden's **** and is now just flat out ignoring common sense to do so.

Your obtuse, stupid line of thinking of, "Chickilo didn't make plays or show anything as a 4-3 DE," is precisely the point being made. He didn't get a chance to because he was misused other than the seven sacks he had as a true freshman while playing predominantly a 4-3 DE.

Golden did no such thing of making him money. Only your band of Al Golden Cult members think so. Chickilo's stock has done nothing but rise since he left the staff. Chickilo wouldn't have slimmed down to 262 if he was going to be predominantly a 3-4 DE. He'll be a new player to be molded by a staff that will utilize him ideally.

Take your Al Golden Fantasy Love Camp elsewhere. Your willingness to bash Chickilo and blame him for the staff's failure and make it seem like he's some scrub that is being overblown when a true fan would cheer for him to become a star. You are an Al Golden fan and a fraud.

missuesed?

tell me one play in 4 years that stood out

you can't name me ONE in FOUR YEARS

the guy was a bust for us plain and simple. not a 5*. he will make money in the NFL being a 1 gap beefing up and being a body. nothing else.

the people here who think he has potential as a 4-3 DE in the NFL are delusional.

The Chickillos have been a part of the U since before most of the porsters on this board were in their daddy's ballz.

Advertisement
Back