Chickillo

All these chick threads are premature. He might turn out to be good, but it's too soon for all these proclamations of greatness vs. air and cones.

tru

All these chick threads are premature. He might turn out to be good, but it's too soon for all these proclamations of greatness vs. air and cones.
How is it premature to discuss the actual numbers he put up at the combine and to discuss the opinion of the top draft guy in football (Mayock)? These are things that have happened, so there's nothing premature about discussing them.

bc ppl all over the board are acting like these numbers are a guarantee indication that chick is gonna be a monster in the nfl

Advertisement
Chick is a solid player...it's not like they asked a player of Vic Beasley athletic ability to put on 25lbs. Chick did what he had to do to help his team. Now he's going to do what he has to do to help his new team. Chick, is heading to the league. At least GM's around the league now know what he sacrificed for his team. High character guys tend to stay around. I salute []_[] Chick!

wow. 4.7 is pretty impressive.

Even more impressive, imo:

10250334_761416978522_1636967670858320438_n.jpg
That must be a misprint. I've been told over and over by the toilets on here that Chick has no burst.

Also showed that burst in the senior bowl when he was in the backfield the entire game.

That must be a misprint. I've been told over and over by the toilets on here that Chick has no burst.

Also showed that burst in the senior bowl when he was in the backfield the entire game.

East/West Shrine game not the Senior Bowl. Much lower level of competition than the Senior Bowl too. A lot of those kids won't get drafted.

He Definetely bumped himself up a couple of rounds.

Last edited:
I've been reading posts on this forum about how slow Chick is since the beginning of his sophomore season. The testing numbers and reports from draft analysts like Mayock refute all of these posts about Chick's lack of burst and speed.

Advertisement
From rotoworld. More open criticism of how Chick was misused. What a joke

NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock said Miami DE Anthony Chickillo has "got a better get-off than people understand."
Chickillo didn't provide much production in college, but he was miscast as a 3-4 defensive end. The 6-foot-3 1/8, 261-pounder is a former five-star prospect who ran an impressive 4.77 40-yard dash on Sunday with an impressive 10-yard split of 1.59 seconds. "Someone is going to get a gem in the third or fourth round," NFL Media's Charles Davis said.

To Whom It May Concern:

I take offense to the notion that we used Chickillo improperly. First, Chickillo did not have pillars when he arrived in Coral Gables. Second, Chickillo did not have core values when he arrived in Coral Gables. Lastly, Chickillo did not speak to senior citizens when he arrived in Coral Gables.

Now, Chickillo has pillars that will be with him for life. Second, Chickillo has core values that he can stand on when things get tough. Lastly, Chickillo speaks to senior citizens.

The above-mentioned traits are more important than getting to the QB.

Sincerely,

Al Folden

you can blame chick being in the wrong system but i dont believe that was the issue. Chick was just too heavy and couldn't move how he wanted too. but their were many times where chick had his hands on QB's and either slipped off the sack or slipped off the running back. he could have at least 8 sacks this year by all the misses he had. him being slimmed down will take him to that next level of actually getting those sacks.

He was heavy because of the system he was asked to play in.

I understand he had to put on weight for the system. what im saying is that the weight caused him to be ineffective. i believe chick could have played in this system at a smaller weight and could have been explosive. the system also did not hurt him from missing a ton of sacks he could have had. he was there at the QB the most out of all the players and missed. i could literally make a highlight tape of a 1 min of all the sacks and tackles he missed. Chick is a good football player but was just ineffective due to the weight constraints. i ultimate blame golden because he didnt put his player in the position to succeed, he rather try to mold a player to his system which is wrong.

The most impressive thing is the gap between him and the rest of the group- 0.11 second difference between him and second place, and 0.07 second difference between 2-10 places. It was close for 2-10, but Chick was leagues ahead of the rest. SMH. Golden cost this kid a lot of money.

you can blame chick being in the wrong system but i dont believe that was the issue. Chick was just too heavy and couldn't move how he wanted too. but their were many times where chick had his hands on QB's and either slipped off the sack or slipped off the running back. he could have at least 8 sacks this year by all the misses he had. him being slimmed down will take him to that next level of actually getting those sacks.

He was heavy because of the system he was asked to play in.

I understand he had to put on weight for the system. what im saying is that the weight caused him to be ineffective. i believe chick could have played in this system at a smaller weight and could have been explosive. the system also did not hurt him from missing a ton of sacks he could have had. he was there at the QB the most out of all the players and missed. i could literally make a highlight tape of a 1 min of all the sacks and tackles he missed. Chick is a good football player but was just ineffective due to the weight constraints. i ultimate blame golden because he didnt put his player in the position to succeed, he rather try to mold a player to his system which is wrong.
You're a lunatic. The system did prevent him from doing those things. They asked him to put on tons of weight, which in turn reduces his agility. That can cause you to miss sacks and not able to burst off the line and stuff like that. Chick is no less athletic than Jared Allen. Those guys are effort guys and with extra weight, it renders them less effective because it takes extra effort to do what they do. Chick is gonna outperform is first NFL contract. Watch.

Advertisement

The most impressive thing is the gap between him and the rest of the group- 0.11 second difference between him and second place, and 0.07 second difference between 2-10 places. It was close for 2-10, but Chick was leagues ahead of the rest. SMH. Golden cost this kid a lot of money.

Not that it changes the argument any, but that screen shot was from earlier in the session. He ended up 3rd or 4th, I think.

Interesting.

Miami fans never hesitated telling the board how much he sucks on a weekly basis despite the obvious.

Lmfao. I remember that . especially people on this board. And you can even tell who they are. The ones that are constantly *****ing about Golden are most likely the one that said he sucks

Advertisement
Alfraud Grohlden has cost many of these guys millions of dollars.

he is a horrible football coach and worse human being.

From rotoworld. More open criticism of how Chick was misused. What a joke

NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock said Miami DE Anthony Chickillo has "got a better get-off than people understand."
Chickillo didn't provide much production in college, but he was miscast as a 3-4 defensive end. The 6-foot-3 1/8, 261-pounder is a former five-star prospect who ran an impressive 4.77 40-yard dash on Sunday with an impressive 10-yard split of 1.59 seconds. "Someone is going to get a gem in the third or fourth round," NFL Media's Charles Davis said.

His Miami bio says he weighed 282.

Was the bio inflated, or did this kid really lose 20 pounds since the ending the season?

Advertisement
Sadly, I expect Chad Thomas to have a similar career here thanks to Golden.

How is it premature to discuss the actual numbers he put up at the combine and to discuss the opinion of the top draft guy in football (Mayock)? These are things that have happened, so there's nothing premature about discussing them.

We're acting like his workout numbers are proof of some unseen greatness. Last time I checked, football was not played in shorts vs. stop watches. Before crowning him as the next jj watt, let's wait and see if he actually does anything. He might have been misutilized here, but there's no proof of that until he's tearing up the league.

Advertisement
Back