Chickillo

Advertisement
We really need this guy this year. Guy takes a lot of grief, but you cannot discount the importance of Senior leadership and experience on any unit. Chick is not a great pass rusher, but he's solid against the run, and I think he will be a strong presence on the DL this year. Him and Kamalu should be a good tandem along with Muhammed and maybe Chad as the more pass rushing package. I also think Chick will be used inside with Kamalu in 4-3 alignments. At WORST he is going to be quality depth that we desperately need along the DL.

I'm not a big fan of his game but his intangibles are to much to count. Loosing anybody on the defensive side would hurt, need all the bodies we can get there.

Would hate to see an injury to Chick. Although I agree Kamalu is physically superior, Anthony has been a solid teammate, leader, and had never complained about a thing. If he is hurt,I hope he gets back healthy asap so the young man can play out his senior year headed into next year's draft.

Well talent wins championships.

Advertisement
Is anyone going to say what it is, or are we all just going to allude to an injury that was read/heard, but not mentioned what it is.

That's to be expected with wannabe message board insiders.

Agree

Guy 1: You hear that (insert any vague rumor here)?

Guy 2: Yeah, I heard that.

Guy 1: Think it's true?

Guy 2: I dunno. I saw Guy 3 talking about it on (insert any website here).

Guy 4: Yeah, I heard that too.

Guy 5: That's not true. Guy 6 told me (insert an indecipherable denial of inital vague rumor here)

Everyone Else: What EXACTLY are you even talking about?

C'MON GUYS. You're already throwing a rumor out there through even the slightest insinuation. At lease be specifc so people don't have to read multiple pages and still wonder what the **** you're gossiping about.

Last edited:
The Beast just said on the E Reid show well be getting some player news this afternoon. Could be on Chick ? Maybe that Gray, and Langham got in for sure.

TheUuuuu was pretty spot on in D$'s staff change thread last night amidst a lot of misinformation including some by our staff writers (nothing big, just Glory bring up that Ice didn't yet have his degree to discredit his move to a coaching position). If this proves out I will certainly take not when he posts in the future.

Advertisement
I shudder to think what our defense would have looked like without him the last few years. It's sad how little respect he gets just because he doesn't sack the ******* QB. People honestly thought McCord was better last year. Mind numbing really.

Canesport is saying they spoke to his dad and he has plantar fasciitis and should be ready by the end of camp. Also said he played last year with a broken foot.

I shudder to think what our defense would have looked like without him the last few years. It's sad how little respect he gets just because he doesn't sack the ******* QB. People honestly thought McCord was better last year. Mind numbing really.

Agreed. He's played a ridiculous number of snaps the last couple years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@mattyports: Source close to #Canes DE Anthony Chickillo says he's dealing w/ plantar fasciitis, receiving treatment. May or may not miss time in camp.

He played the most snaps for us last year and some of you guys are acting like his loss would be no big deal.

All those snaps........all those plays.......4 sacks smh. ...............right mybad, sacks aren't everything , Chick caused so much havoc on the dline causing offensive coordinators in the ACC to lose sleep at the thought of Chickillo bursting through the line of scrimmage for a tfl......

gtfoh!!! Chick is a great young man but he ain't did not a **** thing to warrant praise or his spot. Chick thanks for you passion and love for theu but He can, and will be replaced as he has been nothing but average

@mattyports: Source close to #Canes DE Anthony Chickillo says he's dealing w/ plantar fasciitis, receiving treatment. May or may not miss time in camp.

Kid has been a warrior for us. He has played way too many snaps every year and did it at too young of time in his career. In a different situation I think you see a much different player.

Kid is a true Cane.

Advertisement
Back