Chickillo

ill take chickillo in every recruiting class.

Soplid player, not all world...a steady guy.....hes a guy if paired with another can really be productive.....Michael Sam esec player of the year did sh*t for his first couple seasons as well....chick has better size than him.,.but is a tweener...the problem i see with Chick is the amount of downs he plays, and the fact that he isnt an epxlosive guy..combine that witht he fact that he is taught to stack a lineman, then get upfield hampers him even more as he isnt explosive and cant gear back up. Chick on a dline taught just get upfield would have a better statline imo...also playing him inside some more this year might help on passing situations.....Put him in the three technique and let him get up field on the same side as Mccord.

Chick to me hasnt been a disappointment...he's been Jjust what he is ....SOLID. Guys were expecting more but i always saw him as just a solid guy..because of his limitations i saw from his hs film....where he wasnt even that explosive @ 230, he's like 275 now.

Advertisement
He can redshirt and move to dt for his 5th year

Noooooo!!! Im sorry but I cant take another year of Chick ! This better be his last year! He has played for THEU, honored his family, played well, go to the nfl, its time to go! Give me Kamulu or Chad Thomas somebody , ANYBODY else!

[/URL][/IMG]

You are an idiot.

Im sorry if you are related to Chick and disappointed at an opposing opinion about his play. I know Chick has been so impressive to you but not to me. You can call me whatever you want and honestly IDGAF. I have watched him for 3 years and have seen enough. I wish the young man well but hopefully he gets on a good team in the nfl with good coaching and improves but as for this U im ready for the next man up that will make an impact.

Well, YOU may have watched him for 3 years, but you are also irrelevant. NFL scouts seem to have a different view than you do. While they don't see him as a top pick, he's highly regarded overall.

He can redshirt and move to dt for his 5th year

Noooooo!!! Im sorry but I cant take another year of Chick ! This better be his last year! He has played for THEU, honored his family, played well, go to the nfl, its time to go! Give me Kamulu or Chad Thomas somebody , ANYBODY else!

[/URL][/IMG]

You are an idiot.

Im sorry if you are related to Chick and disappointed at an opposing opinion about his play. I know Chick has been so impressive to you but not to me. You can call me whatever you want and honestly IDGAF. I have watched him for 3 years and have seen enough. I wish the young man well but hopefully he gets on a good team in the nfl with good coaching and improves but as for this U im ready for the next man up that will make an impact.

Well, YOU may have watched him for 3 years, but you are also irrelevant. NFL scouts seem to have a different view than you do. While they don't see him as a top pick, he's highly regarded overall.

Oh wow I just learned something today lol. Please teach me, show me, what you have heard about Chicks future NFL career. You seem to be very inclined and have connections with scouts......please inform me........What was the draft grade that the NFL advisory committee returned to Chick this spring? I'm dying to know. Also what round is he projected to go in? I see Perryman is projected to go anywhere in the 1st three rounds. Please if you dont mind your grace inform me.

[/URL][/IMG]

You are an idiot.

Oh wow I just learned something today lol. Please teach me, show me, what you have heard about Chicks future NFL career. You seem to be very inclined and have connections with scouts......please inform me........What was the draft grade that the NFL advisory committee returned to Chick this spring? I'm dying to know. Also what round is he projected to go in? I see Perryman is projected to go anywhere in the 1st three rounds. Please if you dont mind your grace inform me.

Sure, be glad to teach you. On NFLDraftScout.com he is listed as the #6 DE. and says "Though not the naturally explosive edge rusher that teams look for in the early rounds of the draft, Chickillo plays an extremely consistent and balanced brand of football demonstrating a strong anchor and good vision against the run, power to set the edge, and a high motor to grind opponents down."

FRG Scouting says: Overall, Chickillo is going to be out-shined by a lot of the flashy pass rushers and more athletic defensive linemen that will be eligible for the 2015 NFL Draft. His draft value will be limited by his status as a 2-down player, but his scheme diversity should prevent any kind of massive free fall. Is he a first-round guy? No, not by any stretch. The only way he’ll get to that point is if he has some kind of a breakthrough year as a pass rusher, which as I’ve stated above, I highly doubt will happen. As we enter the 2014 season, Chickillo looks like a solid, early-to-mid Day 3 guy.

So again, you, irrelevant. NFL Scouts, relevant. A college player doesn't have to be a projected early round pick to be a very good player. Chick may not be an explosive sack machine, but he is highly regarded for his consistent, steady, effective play. To act like he's just trash and you can't stand to watch him play anymore just highlights your utter football ignorance.

Kamalu may very well be better than Chickillo this year. We will see. But he did not play better than Chickillo last year. He had his moments and has an impressive physique, but overall did not have a good season.

Advertisement
You are an idiot.

Sure, be glad to teach you. On NFLDraftScout.com he is listed as the #6 DE. and says "Though not the naturally explosive edge rusher that teams look for in the early rounds of the draft, Chickillo plays an extremely consistent and balanced brand of football demonstrating a strong anchor and good vision against the run, power to set the edge, and a high motor to grind opponents down."

FRG Scouting says: Overall, Chickillo is going to be out-shined by a lot of the flashy pass rushers and more athletic defensive linemen that will be eligible for the 2015 NFL Draft. His draft value will be limited by his status as a 2-down player, but his scheme diversity should prevent any kind of massive free fall. Is he a first-round guy? No, not by any stretch. The only way he’ll get to that point is if he has some kind of a breakthrough year as a pass rusher, which as I’ve stated above, I highly doubt will happen. As we enter the 2014 season, Chickillo looks like a solid, early-to-mid Day 3 guy.

So again, you, irrelevant. NFL Scouts, relevant. A college player doesn't have to be a projected early round pick to be a very good player. Chick may not be an explosive sack machine, but he is highly regarded for his consistent, steady, effective play. To act like he's just trash and you can't stand to watch him play anymore just highlights your utter football ignorance.

I stopped reading at scheme diversity. If he can't rush the passer, and he's to light to put inside in the NFL how many options do you have? He's a 3-4 end and that's it.

Most underrated player on the team. Best house on a bad block but has been a good player here and I think will be a good pro. Homeless mans Justin smith.

I stopped reading at scheme diversity. If he can't rush the passer, and he's to light to put inside in the NFL how many options do you have? He's a 3-4 end and that's it.

Well, again, I'll take the expert scout draft opinions over random people on a message board.

Chick can hold his own is pretty much what you can say about him. He's reliable to keep leverage but doesn't get up field very well and seems to be very stiff. If he was more explosive and athletic he would be a freak but you could probably say that about 70% of college athletes that are subpar players. I like the kid and hope he can be what we thought we were getting out of high school. He came into the program at an unfortunate time and has been used as a starter from day one which should not have been the case and I believe it has hurt him more then helped his career so props for him. With all that being said, I hope he turns heads this year and dominates.

Advertisement
chick ( miami staff ) let his body get ahead of his mind..thought he do more with the weight..

I remember watching him in the HS all star game with Clowney...and chick had a better jump off the ball...he did here at Miami until he was the only one and he started getting dbl teamed and his weight went up so fast he never worked in the speed and strength he needed.

he was still a solid DE and played great inside...him and Denzel were asked to do more than they should have the last 3 years...playing out of position more reps than they should have etc...

I see him as a solid 4 -6 sack guy this year and a 4th round pick next april...

Well, again, I'll take the expert scout draft opinions over random people on a message board.

Please.

Most message board experts have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express at least once, so they are clearly football experts not just passionate fans like me.

******* Marriott. I should be coaching in the NFL by now.

chick ( miami staff ) let his body get ahead of his mind..thought he do more with the weight..

I remember watching him in the HS all star game with Clowney...and chick had a better jump off the ball...he did here at Miami until he was the only one and he started getting dbl teamed and his weight went up so fast he never worked in the speed and strength he needed.

he was still a solid DE and played great inside...him and Denzel were asked to do more than they should have the last 3 years...playing out of position more reps than they should have etc...

I see him as a solid 4 -6 sack guy this year and a 4th round pick next april...

Verbatim. Agreed.

Advertisement

It's simple stuff man, 2+2=4. Your expert scouting websites who are never wrong said he can't rush the passer so he's only a 2 down player. Can't be a DE in a traditional 43 cause he can't rush, the um website has him listed at 277 so you wanna put somebody that light inside against NFL guards? Those "experts" have to watch film on hundreds if not thousands of prospects, I doubt they have watched every single game like me and most people here. I'm all ears tho, you wanna show me this great scheme diversity chick has showed I'd be more then happy to see it.

Chick is a solid contributor on the D. His biggest problem is that his development was really hurt by being asked to do too many things that he was not suited for. Because of the lack of depth and production on the DL, he was asked to get TOO Big, play inside, and have to be big enough to play on the edge in a 3-4. Chick is/was a prototypical 4-3 DE. Had he been left to develop and focus as a 4-3 DE, and stayed at an optimal weight, I think he would have been a very good DE. Not a superstar, but more productive than he has been. I don't think he was ever going to be a great pass rusher, but he would have been better against the pass, and remained solid against the run. The inflated size really hurt his speed, which has made him more of a lane clogger along the DL. He's been good against the run, but simply cannot rush the passer now at the size he's at.

Classic case of "Jack of All Trades, Master of None. "

Chick is a solid contributor on the D. His biggest problem is that his development was really hurt by being asked to do too many things that he was not suited for. Because of the lack of depth and production on the DL, he was asked to get TOO Big, play inside, and have to be big enough to play on the edge in a 3-4. Chick is/was a prototypical 4-3 DE. Had he been left to develop and focus as a 4-3 DE, and stayed at an optimal weight, I think he would have been a very good DE. Not a superstar, but more productive than he has been. I don't think he was ever going to be a great pass rusher, but he would have been better against the pass, and remained solid against the run. The inflated size really hurt his speed, which has made him more of a lane clogger along the DL. He's been good against the run, but simply cannot rush the passer now at the size he's at.

Classic case of "Jack of All Trades, Master of None. "

No

Advertisement
You think Dominique Easley gave a flying s%=_ who was next to him on the field ? Aaron Donald ......We expected Chick to have an impact like those guys!

So it's Chick's fault that he didn't live up to your ridiculous first round draft pick demands/expectations?

Last edited:
They say the most popular player on a football team is the backup QB. In Miami it's the entire Freshman roster. Dudes fall in love with their highschool players down there.

I'm just confused with this Chickillo love fest.

It's called a respect-fest.

He handled his recruitment with no drama (despite being highly touted). He's done nothing but bust his *** (inluding playing hurt) since arriving & has been a model citizen/student off the field. Production isn't everything.

Advertisement
Back