Chantz Williams/Jalen Rivers

Matador, I played in that game.

Great stuff!

Back in the day a bunch of us from DC area went up to Hershey PA to support our two guys in the Big 33 Game: Leslie Shepherd and Diego London.

Both had committed to the U and both were playing for Maryland. I don't know if Leslie ever signed. It was my understanding that there was some unresolved academic issues and we and Leslie parted ways.

Son's looking good right down to orange shoe laces!

Advertisement
Thank you bro.

Gotta show love. So many people are always looking to tear black men down when it comes to taken care of our kids. We aren't all out here hitting every chick & leaving her to raise the kid alone.

Men in general don't get nearly as much praise for being good fathers. I always try to compliment good fathers. It's a hard fu**in job 🤣🤣
tenor (3).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ivins and Manny spoke to both kids after the game. Ivins feels they are both solid. Both kids and their families are coming down to Hard Rock for the Va Tech game next week. Ivins said Manny made made some interesting comments to them - Manny brought up to them how UM has been lackluster in practice and basically was telling them that they need guys that want to change things.

Advertisement
Ivins and Manny spoke to both kids after the game. Ivins feels they are both solid. Both kids and their families are coming down to Hard Rock for the Va Tech game next week. Ivins said Manny made made some interesting comments to them - Manny brought up to them how UM has been lackluster in practice and basically was telling them that they need guys that want to change things.
Bold move

Telling kids practice has been lackluster can be a good motivational tactic if these kids are locked in but whew it can easily backfire if they aren’t. But I believe this duo is.

Bold move
Honest assessment. I’m all for being forthcoming with these kids. They all want to win. Very few talk about impacting a program aside from the “I” and “me” statements. For us to have real change, these kids must buy into the idea that they are coming to enact change, in addition to the normal “I” and “me” stuff. If that’s presented to them from outside of the program, it could be used as a way to flip them, through negative recruiting. The right kids will buy in and be better for it. Hopefully

Advertisement

Don’t buy that one second. Manny might not be a good coach, but he isn’t stupid. No chance he bashes his own team to recruits

Don’t buy that one second. Manny might not be a good coach, but he isn’t stupid. No chance he bashes his own team to recruits
I’m with you. He’s telling recruits he’s not steering the ship in the direction he wants? Wouldn’t be smart and kids want to hear words of confidence not that. I think it’s also sounding like the team is already giving up on manny as a coach. Sounds like a Richt situation

Advertisement
Back