Chantz Williams/Jalen Rivers

On our way out, we spotted a few clay county police cars; again, heavy gaytor territory. One of the officers was a huge gaytor fan. We spoke about the game for a few minutes. I told him that I had to let my son get a pick in front of his "gaytor cop" car...lol....

20190823_203937.jpg

Advertisement
The guy that is in the background of the previous pic that I posted in this thread (post #14), just stopped by to talk to me. We are literally the only Cane fans here.

He came by to get a pick. This dude lives in upper Georgia and is on his way to Orlando. He found out that Jalen and Chantz were playing tonight, so he arranged a pit stop to come to Jax to watch them play. Like me, he arrived, and saw that our commits are not playing, and therefore is leaving.

Nonetheless, that's a true f'ucking Cane. He drove over 65 miles out of the way (one way) to see Jalen and Chantz.
Salute to you both! Holding it down

Gentlemen,

I just got home, in which I still processing the fact that I just drove over and hour (one way) not to see our recruits. However, my son still had a blast, and in that regard, f'uck everything else for the night, that's what this s'hit is all about.....bringing in the next generation of Canes. My son, as always, was the biggest fan. When we arrived, he asked me, "which team has the Miami boys?" From then on, he was all Oakleaf (Jalen/Chantz) team. This is my lil guy at the end of this night.....he's done!!!!

20190823_211934.jpg

Gentlemen,

I just got home, in which I still processing the fact that I just drove over and hour (one way) not to see our recruits. However, my son still had a blast, and in that regard, f'uck everything else for the night, that's what this s'hit is all about.....bringing in the next generation of Canes. My son, as always, was the biggest fan. When we arrived, he asked me, "which team has the Miami boys?" From then on, he was all Oakleaf (Jalen/Chantz) team. This is my lil guy at the end of this night.....he's done!!!!

View attachment 94961
Dope bruh ✊🏾

Advertisement
Gentlemen,

View attachment 94961

Your best post. And they are all good.

Well maybe they will be around and you can talk to them since they aren't playing. Fist bump and photos with the son/recruits dude.
I thought about that as well, but I didn't want to be the creepy old man calling a high school kid over to a random fence. Lol.

Advertisement
Rockin Reg with the updates! Appreciate it my friend. Love the leadership those two young men are showing out on the field, can’t wait to get them enrolled and in S&C. But just one slight correction, hostile territory indeed but I actually count two canes fans in the background not one. Ones in a canes hat and the other in a jersey. Lol but either way, glad you got some back up there. 👍
Good call, regarding the second guy.

The intangibles with Jalen/Chantz seems to be off the charts. I walked away very impressed.

As I've done with all of our previous commits that have come out of the Jax area, I go to the games so that they can see even just a smidge of orange/green in the stands. Owens, Shaq, Pickney, Norton, Mallory, Payton.....I've been there to support them all. The only one that I can't remember is Bradley Jennings (I was probably there, just too many crown and cokes to remember. Lol)

Tonight, my son and I are here for Jalen and Chantz. They are playing there rival school, Orange Park High. While walking into the stadium, I ended up standing right beside a cousin of Chantz. She said that he is injured (minor) and will not be playing tonight. According to the family, he should be back next week.

I will follow up with a post regarding how Jalen performed. In the meantime, if you guys are hearing other news on Twitter or any other platform, please feel free to share. I will try to post pics accordingly..

Go Canes!!!

You are a great fan to do that!

Is there going to be a summary, too, Reg...or just the update.....Bummer for you and your son...it's the thought that counts....
Great question. I had every intent on providing a summary, but as you now know, neither of our commits played tonight. I will definitely catch a game when they are both healthy, in which I will provide a summary accordingly.

Advertisement
Gentlemen,

View attachment 94961
🙌🏾💯

You are a great fan to do that!
Much appreciated, my man. It's not a lot of us in the Duval area, compared to UF, FSU, and UGA. Therefore, when we have a commit in the area, I just try to do my part and support them, even if they don't know that I am there. However, their family and friends that are in the stands, see that someone from the Canes family is there. That s'hit always plays well, especially when they find out that my only purpose for being there is to support someone that I don't even know. At the end of the day, and at the very least, I get a chance to show love towards future Canes, while spending QT with my 6 year old son!

Advertisement
Much appreciated, my man. It's not a lot of us in the Duval area, compared to UF, FSU, and UGA. Therefore, when we have a commit in the area, I just try to do my part and support them, even if they don't know that I am there. At the very least, I get a chance to show love towards future Canes, while spending QT with my 6 year old son!

I wouldn't be surprised if they noticed though. Those little things make a difference and you know these kids love attention. That is true though, I am sure your son loves the experience. Most kids probably never get taken to anything with their father, let a lone a big game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they noticed though. Those little things make a difference and you know these kids love attention. That is true though, I am sure your son loves the experience. Most kids probably never get taken to anything with their father, let a lone a big game.
Indeed, my man. I edited my other post in the dialogue between you and I, because I forgot about the families of our recruits that my son and I typically end up sitting beside/around.

Indeed, my man. I edited my other post in the dialogue between you and I, because I forgot about the families of our recruits that my son and I typically end up sitting beside/around.

That is very true bro. I am sure it makes a difference. Every little check in the pro column add up.

Great stuff!

Back in the day a bunch of us from DC area went up to Hershey PA to support our two guys in the Big 33 Game: Leslie Shepherd and Diego London.

Both had committed to the U and both were playing for Maryland. I don't know if Leslie ever signed. It was my understanding that there was some unresolved academic issues and we and Leslie parted ways.

Son's looking good right down to orange shoe laces!

Advertisement
Back