Chantz Williams/Jalen Rivers

I was there on OP’s side in my Cane gear and saw several Cane fans
That's what's up. I didnt see any at all, other than the ones in the pic that I shared earlier in this thread. Everyone that I saw on my side were wearing Oakleaf colors (black) but when they saw my son and I rocking Miami gear, they made it very known that they were gaytor fans, in which they were leaving for Orlando right after the game.

Advertisement
After 26 years of coaching HS ball, I’m taking a year off, so I went to watch Oakleaf vs Lake City Columbia tonight. Jalen is one large human and is still out with an ankle but Chantz, oh my goodness. Kid was making play after play tonight. Had an int, a few sacks including one where he bullrushed the Columbia kid right into the Qb’s lap. It’s early but easily the best defensive player I’ve seen in NE Fla so far and if there’s one better I’d like to see him. Hard to see how he doesn’t make an impact early once he get to Coral Gables. Hopefully he’s an early enrollee.

After 26 years of coaching HS ball, I’m taking a year off, so I went to watch Oakleaf vs Lake City Columbia tonight. Jalen is one large human and is still out with an ankle but Chantz, oh my goodness. Kid was making play after play tonight. Had an int, a few sacks including one where he bullrushed the Columbia kid right into the Qb’s lap. It’s early but easily the best defensive player I’ve seen in NE Fla so far and if there’s one better I’d like to see him. Hard to see how he doesn’t make an impact early once he get to Coral Gables. Hopefully he’s an early enrollee.

Get the LB in to match the future DL and secondary and it’s a beautiful thing...

Thanks for the update. It's great to hear that Chantz cane out the gates and dominated his first game back from injury. Prior to Miami being in the picture for Chantz, I didnt have a clue as to the level of this kid's talent. As I noted in the OP, I didnt get a chance to see him last week, but he showed leadership and was engaged throughout the game (I left right after halftime). I look forward to going to a couple of his games this year.

Advertisement

Thank you for the insight. Highlights just came out and wow.

Advertisement
Gentlemen,

I just got home, in which I still processing the fact that I just drove over and hour (one way) not to see our recruits. However, my son still had a blast, and in that regard, f'uck everything else for the night, that's what this s'hit is all about.....bringing in the next generation of Canes. My son, as always, was the biggest fan. When we arrived, he asked me, "which team has the Miami boys?" From then on, he was all Oakleaf (Jalen/Chantz) team. This is my lil guy at the end of this night.....he's done!!!!

View attachment 94961
Lots of respect for you, not only as a man, but as a black father.

Advertisement
@reg is a great dude all around. A great example for anyone to follow. I love Reg on the board but I’ve always appreciated and related to him as a parent.
Definitely, I can tell from the pic & post I read from him. The pic inspired me to be a better father tbh. My mindset is very militant (Army vet). Earlier in the day, my wife said I need to understand my son needs love & guidance. I can be tough on him but I also need to be compassionate & understanding.

Reading the caption & seeing the way his son held him, I definitely want my son to embrace me like that & enjoy father/son time.

Advertisement
Definitely, I can tell from the pic & post I read from him. The pic inspired me to be a better father tbh. My mindset is very militant (Army vet). Earlier in the day, my wife said I need to understand my son needs love & guidance. I can be tough on him but I also need to be compassionate & understanding.

Reading the caption & seeing the way his son held him, I definitely want my son to embrace me like that & enjoy father/son time.
Just by saying that I know you’re already doing a great job.

That means a lot. Those of us that are parents can and should always find ways to be better parents, especially us fathers! The fact that you are trying to do just that, tells me that your son is in good hands.

Again, I really appreciate you showing love, my man!

That means a lot. Those of us that are parents can and should always find ways to be better parents, especially us fathers! The fact that you are trying to do just that, tells me that your son is in good hands.

Again, I really appreciate you showing love, my man!
Thank you bro.

Gotta show love. So many people are always looking to tear black men down when it comes to taken care of our kids. We aren't all out here hitting every chick & leaving her to raise the kid alone.

Men in general don't get nearly as much praise for being good fathers. I always try to compliment good fathers. It's a hard fu**in job 🤣🤣

Advertisement
Back