Chad Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the most ridiculous part about all of this: DB's with the versaility to play safety and then come up and cover the slot/tight ends are becoming INDISPENSABLE in the NFL. That is why Woodson's career found new life, because they made him the utility DB and let him roam around. Wilson going somewhere and learning to play deep safety and slot corner could make him a first round pick. Him going somewhere to play corner and only corner could make him Carlor Armour.

This.

With QW size already, even if he turns out to be an all-american and first round pick, NFL teams will be wondering about his ability to play safety anyways.. I don't understand why the Wilson's are so against Q playing anything other than cb. Either way, it appears both parties have moved on, I don't understand why Chad continues to send shots UMs way.

I understand a coach being upset about UM not offering their players, but truthfully out of Bain, Moore, and Cunningham, only Moore was better than the players that eventually ended up @ Miami (and at the time UM had other LBs higher on their board). Bain is a huge project who didn't really start on his HS team and Cunningham isn't a good as the WR that ended up in Coral Gables (Coley).

Chad needs to lead by example and understand how quality coaches operate. Why not express you concern to Golden himself. I doubt he's going to ignore a local coach with D1 talent year after year. Your a grown man and alumni. You don't do it this way bruh.

Advertisement
No way we getting Scarlett we been on him since fr year. He loves UM but as he gets older and more confidence I think the love dies out because they become more entitled. By next year I be surprised we get him and kid will prob go to bama. Someone needs to speak to Chad seriously someone in the higher ups.

Best part about this is Chad is tweeting this stuff and D'Onofrio is at University School today. Would love to hear their conversation

Last edited:
I don't even have to say it anymore, but I will - ******* circus. The worst.

Advertisement
Best part about this is Chad is tweeting this stuff and D'Onofrio is at University School today. Would love to hear their conversation

must of been y he tweeted it. dorito said he has to camp maybe and chad cried on twitter who knows.

He and "****ster" Flowers can go commit somewhere else as far as im concerned. Like I said in another thread..They are not freak athletes, not once in a decade, not program changing prospects. And its not like the DONT have offers from us. Just not on THEIR terms. I applaud Al for being honest and upfront with these kids and I think it will benefit him with the local coaches in the long run.

Jassid,
I love what you bring to the board, but this attitude reeks of Shannon-era stubborness.

I remember countless posts applauding Shannon and co. for "being honest" with kids and doing things "on their own terms." But while it was happening, some of our own coaches were questioning why we were being so stubborn with a guy like Denard Robinson. Specifically, one coach said "This kid thinks he's better than Jacory. We should just give him the chance to prove it, and let the chips fall where they may. He is the best athlete in the state." Not only did Shoelace turn out to be the best athlete in the state, he was (in an ironic twist) a more successful quarterback than Jacory.

I've seen people applaud our coaches for "telling Winky the truth" about how he compared to other quarterback prospects. How is it the truth until they compete? Should we applaud Steve Spurrier for telling Clinton Portis that Ran Carthon was a better running back prospect? Should we applaud Les Miles for telling Teddy Bridgewater that Zach Mettenberger was a better quarterback prospect? Of course not.

Here is the bottom line: If Flowers goes to another school and balls out (at any position), we failed. Period. It's not on him, it's not on his coach, it's on us. Same thing with Wilson. I'll applaud the coaches for signing good players. The results are all that matters.

He and "****ster" Flowers can go commit somewhere else as far as im concerned. Like I said in another thread..They are not freak athletes, not once in a decade, not program changing prospects. And its not like the DONT have offers from us. Just not on THEIR terms. I applaud Al for being honest and upfront with these kids and I think it will benefit him with the local coaches in the long run.

Jassid,
I love what you bring to the board, but this attitude reeks of Shannon-era stubborness.

I remember countless posts applauding Shannon and co. for "being honest" with kids and doing things "on their own terms." But while it was happening, some of our own coaches were questioning why we were being so stubborn with a guy like Denard Robinson. Specifically, one coach said "This kid thinks he's better than Jacory. We should just give him the chance to prove it, and let the chips fall where they may. He is the best athlete in the state." Not only did Shoelace turn out to be the best athlete in the state, he was (in an ironic twist) a more successful quarterback than Jacory.

I've seen people applaud our coaches for "telling Winky the truth" about how he compared to other quarterback prospects. How is it the truth until they compete? Should we applaud Steve Spurrier for telling Clinton Portis that Ran Carthon was a better running back prospect? Should we applaud Les Miles for telling Teddy Bridgewater that Zach Mettenberger was a better quarterback prospect? Of course not.

Here is the bottom line: If Flowers goes to another school and balls out (at any position), we failed. Period. It's not on him, it's not on his coach, it's on us. Same thing with Wilson. I'll applaud the coaches for signing good players. The results are all that matters.

I was going to post that this is the Shannon type ****, if we lose kids in SFLA that are studs its a fail even for the untouchable (according to most fans) Al Golden. I hated RS for his DB hieght requirements and losing Ricardo Allen etc, as time goes on Im starting to see the chinks in the armor with how AG recruits. I for one say we have to get all these SFLA high rated guys and give some of them a shot. Im sure Q Wilson is beter than RLIII, just kills me to see ballers leave SFLA and people saying we are better without them, or we want kids who wanna be canes are fools.

AG should just say Winky u will get a shot at qb, that is all he has to say. If he doesnt do well AG never lied he did give him a shot, I mean theres gotta be ways around to where we dont lose a kid and look bad also.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Jassid,

D the fact is though that everyone fails in their evals at some point, but the difference between Shannon and Golden is Golden is sticking to a strategy of what they are looking for. Flowers does not fit into what they are looking for - he's not a QB, he's not fast enough to play man to man at corner, and he doesn't fit the size we look for at safety. To me he is a very similar player to Dallas Crawford, who is a great special teams and role player but whose spot do you want to replace in the class for a role player? There are tons of players who you could say "aren't the biggest or fastest but just make plays", but the reality is only a handful of those guys pan out at this level.

I am with Dmoney on this one unless they think Wilson just sucks or they can sign better safeties I would sign him as a CB cross train him at all DB positions and figure it out later.

Too simplisitc a view.

As has been stated countless times, there's too much talent to keep home. Kids are going to go elsewhere and ball. It's a mathematical fact.

Take our TB situation this year, for example. Are we really going to say that not pulling Cook, Michel, and Yearby would be a failure? Or that not pulling Lane + every other badass WR on the board is a failure? No. Of course not. Is there any assurance that Flowers would even come to Miami if we did offer him as a QB? No, there isn't. In the interim, we have two QBs committed already, and at least one other very solid candidate we're recruiting.

If Flowers goes elsewhere and balls out, it will be good for that program. It doesn't mean that the kid would have done the same here. See - Shoelace. If Miami actually had a decent coach, and had been winning the past five years, it wouldn't mean a **** thing that DR went elsewhere. I'm not sure if having him on the squad would have meant anything anyway as it was. Bottom line, however, is that if Golden is the guy we think he is, then kids like Flowers are 'nice gets'. There is no 'must have'. A cliche, but they're all born from truth.

So then it boils down to evals and who you feel fits your team the best. I like a lot of what I've seen on the eval side, and I don't think anyone has enough data to make any kind of judgement on the culture side. Maybe QW comes off like a snot-nosed prick in person. Maybe he sulks on the side during camp. Maybe his farts smell like rancid death. Or maybe Al just hates U School kids. Whatever. It's a judgetment call. And if we win 11 games this year, IDGAF. He can make them all day long.

Last edited:

Too simplisitc a view.

As has been stated countless times, there's too much talent to keep home. Kids are going to go elsewhere and ball. It's a mathematical fact.

Take our TB situation this year, for example. Are we really going to say that not pulling Cook, Michel, and Yearby would be a failure? Or that not pulling Lane + every other badass WR on the board is a failure? No. Of course not. Is there any assurance that Flowers would even come to Miami if we did offer him as a QB? No, there isn't. In the interim, we have two QBs committed already, and at least one other very solid candidate we're recruiting.

If Flowers goes elsewhere and balls out, it will be good for that program. It doesn't mean that the kid would have done the same here. See - Shoelace. If Miami actually had a decent coach, and had been winning the past five years, it wouldn't mean a **** thing that DR went elsewhere. I'm not sure if having him on the squad would have meant anything anyway as it was. Bottom line, however, is that if Golden is the guy we think he is, then kids like Flowers are 'nice gets'. There is no 'must have'. A cliche, but they're all born from truth.

I agree with most of what u say, the cook michel and yearby thing makes sense. It sounds good but when u sit here and see that we did it before and it brought us to the top. Bama is doing it now and they are on top, to me we have to get alot of ballers in each class. Yea when we say we cant get them all it makes us feel better but Bama was doing it the minute Nicks stepped on campus. Why cant we do that again? anyone

Its a failure if we lose one of them I dont care how u spin it. Collins was a fail Thomas Bryant Bostwick were fails. These misses are the difference to bringing us back to the top.

Advertisement
Story time- when Bobby Pitrino was a Louisville a reporter saw an athletic black kid lifting with the QB's and the reporter ask "who is that" Bobby's response is "oh that is Kerry Rhodes he is a safety but his dad is here so he is lifting with the QB's he will change positions tomorrow."

Lulz @ offering S FL kids just because they are highly rated. That is just dumb. Golden has said before him and his staff aren't catalog shoppers.

Advertisement

Too simplisitc a view.

I agree with most of what u say, the cook michel and yearby thing makes sense. It sounds good but when u sit here and see that we did it before and it brought us to the top. Bama is doing it now and they are on top, to me we have to get alot of ballers in each class. Yea when we say we cant get them all it makes us feel better but Bama was doing it the minute Nicks stepped on campus. Why cant we do that again? anyone

Its a failure if we lose one of them I dont care how u spin it. Collins was a fail Thomas Bryant Bostwick were fails. These misses are the difference to bringing us back to the top.

I don't see the problem in evaluating a kid as a QB like ****y and saying, "I think we have better"... Happens all the time. How many QBs in the state have offers from Miami? We told all those kids the same thing...with ****y we just happen to think he's athletic enough for an offer at another position. We can't just take every kid with this mentality of "you never know"... We don't have enough spots. Taking ****y at QB means we can't take someone else at a position of need, and if it doesn't work out at QB there's no guarantee he'll even agree to switch. Maybe, and just maybe if the kids a Denard Robinson I'd say it might be worth the risk.... 99% of the time it's just not going to work out.

So what do we do if Rosier wants in? If he wants in, which one do we take out of Flowers or Edouard? I know were not taking 4 qbs. If Rosier wants in one of the local players is not coming to UM.

Least we know where his some gets his crying skills from.

Seems like entitlement to me. I actually give our coaches credit for sticking to their evaluations and not budging. All the public bull **** will not help the Wilson's in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back