Chad Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He and "****ster" Flowers can go commit somewhere else as far as im concerned. Like I said in another thread..They are not freak athletes, not once in a decade, not program changing prospects. And its not like the DONT have offers from us. Just not on THEIR terms. I applaud Al for being honest and upfront with these kids and I think it will benefit him with the local coaches in the long run.

Jassid,
I love what you bring to the board, but this attitude reeks of Shannon-era stubborness.

I remember countless posts applauding Shannon and co. for "being honest" with kids and doing things "on their own terms." But while it was happening, some of our own coaches were questioning why we were being so stubborn with a guy like Denard Robinson. Specifically, one coach said "This kid thinks he's better than Jacory. We should just give him the chance to prove it, and let the chips fall where they may. He is the best athlete in the state." Not only did Shoelace turn out to be the best athlete in the state, he was (in an ironic twist) a more successful quarterback than Jacory.

I've seen people applaud our coaches for "telling Winky the truth" about how he compared to other quarterback prospects. How is it the truth until they compete? Should we applaud Steve Spurrier for telling Clinton Portis that Ran Carthon was a better running back prospect? Should we applaud Les Miles for telling Teddy Bridgewater that Zach Mettenberger was a better quarterback prospect? Of course not.

Here is the bottom line: If Flowers goes to another school and balls out (at any position), we failed. Period. It's not on him, it's not on his coach, it's on us. Same thing with Wilson. I'll applaud the coaches for signing good players. The results are all that matters.

The coaches have to make their best evaluations and stick to their guns - they can't let themselves be pushed around by recruits or their handlers. They're not gonna hit on 100 percent of their evaluations, that's beside the point.

Quinton Flowers might be a great D1 quarterback for someone. That doesn't mean he fits what Miami is looking to do - if Miami is looking for a prototypical 6'3 quarterback then Flowers doesn't fit the bill. Same with Quincy Wilson. He might not have the build for a CB that fits the scheme D'Onofrio is trying to run.

Now it might be that the coaches would be willing to give Flowers a shot at QB, but let him know that he's starting at a disadvantage because of his height. Let him know that if he doesn't get QB then he might be expected to switch positions. If he's alright with that, then take his commitment. If he won't accept that, then you can't take him.

I wouldn't call it about anyone being entitled. Some prospects and some schools are a better "fit" than others.

Advertisement
He and "****ster" Flowers can go commit somewhere else as far as im concerned. Like I said in another thread..They are not freak athletes, not once in a decade, not program changing prospects. And its not like the DONT have offers from us. Just not on THEIR terms. I applaud Al for being honest and upfront with these kids and I think it will benefit him with the local coaches in the long run.

Jassid,
I love what you bring to the board, but this attitude reeks of Shannon-era stubborness.

I remember countless posts applauding Shannon and co. for "being honest" with kids and doing things "on their own terms." But while it was happening, some of our own coaches were questioning why we were being so stubborn with a guy like Denard Robinson. Specifically, one coach said "This kid thinks he's better than Jacory. We should just give him the chance to prove it, and let the chips fall where they may. He is the best athlete in the state." Not only did Shoelace turn out to be the best athlete in the state, he was (in an ironic twist) a more successful quarterback than Jacory.

I've seen people applaud our coaches for "telling Winky the truth" about how he compared to other quarterback prospects. How is it the truth until they compete? Should we applaud Steve Spurrier for telling Clinton Portis that Ran Carthon was a better running back prospect? Should we applaud Les Miles for telling Teddy Bridgewater that Zach Mettenberger was a better quarterback prospect? Of course not.

Here is the bottom line: If Flowers goes to another school and balls out (at any position), we failed. Period. It's not on him, it's not on his coach, it's on us. Same thing with Wilson. I'll applaud the coaches for signing good players. The results are all that matters.

Let's be real D$, Shannon did some **** poor evaluating in his time here. The coaches clearly feel they have QB's that fit what they want to do on offense better that Winky. It's not a knock on the kid and good for him thinking he's better than all of them, but we can't bring in 3 QB's this recruiting cycle can we? Edourd's already worried they're going to ask him to switch positions before it's even been mentioned.

We know coaches are less than truthful all the time just to get kids on campus, I'm glad that we are being proactive and telling kids where we would like them to play. I agree that you'll miss on some kids but I feel it's better policy to be upfront with kids.

I would have a serious problem if my son conducted himself like how some of these recruits are acting. I don't understand the need to voice your distaste for a University because you feel they are not giving you what you want. No recruit is bigger than the University...you either accept there scholarship offer or you don't. If you feel you can do better go elsewhere and make us start a thread on how we missed out on you. Not whine and complain about a position change like its the end of the world. Chad is doing his son a disservice. I guess since Miami isn't winning Championships (yet) these recruits and parents feel they can clown the coaching staff. I'll guarantee once we turn this thing around all the whining is going to suddenly cease! Being humble must've went out of style in the 90's. It's not about "you", it's about the []_[]!

Last thing I will say about Quincey, happy he feels he's good enough to be a CB, we want you at S, if you are not willing to compromise move on and quit your *****ing.

kicking the local D1 school with 5 NC while they are down can back fire for a local high school when things turn around.

Nobody will recruit your school better then a local D1 school.

When Miami starts winning and you have out of state kids jumping all over each other to play for Miami, all these idiots will come around.

Advertisement
I wonder this, if Quincy is so great at cb then why is he 6'2 and over 200 pounds but nobody has him as a 5* prospect? That's like Griffin whos 6'5 215 but was a little slow so he was in some eyes a 5* and others a 4*. My point is that even though he has offers out the as no recruiting site seems to love him like he loves himself hmmmm

Exactly, there is a kid from jersey with those measurables and he is the #2 overall kid on Rivals. **** these coaches, but it's all good though their power and influence will wane once we start winning. Then Al will turn his back and they will be finito.

Has uif or fswho offered chad? If not why no tweets of them ?

FSWho hasn't
Is uif commitsble ? I bet not

ufag probably told him he's a Safety too. Either that, or Muschump is lying to him and would switch him to Safety the minute he got there.

yea, that is what is a problem to me. why hate on mia if no other fla school has offered

bbcane is right on the MONEY!!!

My favorite part is Chad saying UM coaches aren't watching enough film. That comment coming from a U School coach is hilarious.

There's a reason these guys got knocked out of the playoffs year after year even though they've had the most talented team on the field in their classification for the last five years or so.

The whole program is a "circus" as swagger would put it. I guarantee those coaches spent more time their first few years creating organized cheers and pregame theatrics than watching film, or even learning how to watch film.

That whole program is a joke.

Advertisement
I never post on here and rarely on twitter, just UM stuff.. but I hate when these influential guys in the community kind of bash take shots at UM so I responded to chad and heres what he had to say:

Chad Wilson‏@GridironStuds7h
Troubling sign when a school wants to change the position of every kid they evaluate = think they are so smart - end up too dumb & #fired

@EmperorJames234@GridironStuds no disrespect your a respected man in your community, but y dnt u call out UM coaches in person and not on social media

Chad Wilson‏@GridironStuds13m @EmperorJames23 who said I was talking about UM? You have a complex.

I apologized, but my question to you guys is.. he was talking about UM right?

I never post on here and rarely on twitter, just UM stuff.. but I hate when these influential guys in the community kind of bash take shots at UM so I responded to chad and heres what he had to say:

Chad Wilson‏@GridironStuds7h
Troubling sign when a school wants to change the position of every kid they evaluate = think they are so smart - end up too dumb & #fired

@EmperorJames234@GridironStuds no disrespect your a respected man in your community, but y dnt u call out UM coaches in person and not on social media

Chad Wilson‏@GridironStuds13m @EmperorJames23 who said I was talking about UM? You have a complex.

I apologized, but my question to you guys is.. he was talking about UM right?

i really cant think of another school that he is talking about, he and his son have made it clear that they dont like UM right now,

My favorite part is Chad saying UM coaches aren't watching enough film. That comment coming from a U School coach is hilarious.

There's a reason these guys got knocked out of the playoffs year after year even though they've had the most talented team on the field in their classification for the last five years or so.

The whole program is a "circus" as swagger would put it. I guarantee those coaches spent more time their first few years creating organized cheers and pregame theatrics than watching film, or even learning how to watch film.

I just laughed so hard at this. I have a feeling you're a local coach.

I just laughed so hard at this. I have a feeling you're a local coach.

Was once upon a time. But still enjoy spending fall weekends checking out high school games. The U school program as a whole embodies much of what is wrong down here.

Advertisement
Why don't they just move on, he has quite a few offers. Don't like What Miami offers, go somewhere else! Does anyone here like whiners? He'd probably just be a problem at Miami anyway. It's pretty obvious they have other corners rated above him. After we win 11 games this year, things will change in SF.

Pete says he has no offer from UM of any kind so even if he would play safety he has no offer to do so at UM

Advertisement
D the fact is though that everyone fails in their evals at some point, but the difference between Shannon and Golden is Golden is sticking to a strategy of what they are looking for. Flowers does not fit into what they are looking for - he's not a QB, he's not fast enough to play man to man at corner, and he doesn't fit the size we look for at safety. To me he is a very similar player to Dallas Crawford, who is a great special teams and role player but whose spot do you want to replace in the class for a role player? There are tons of players who you could say "aren't the biggest or fastest but just make plays", but the reality is only a handful of those guys pan out at this level.

I hear what you are saying and I believe in the staff. But I disagree with them here.

1) Flowers has good size for a safety. He was a legit 6'0, 203 pounds at the NIKE SPARQ Combine with long arms and big hands. I know they are trying to go after the Bush/Jenkins/Carter prototype, but there's no need to go to extremes. LSU pumps out freak DBs and their best guy was 5'9, 185 pounds running 4.5. Flowers, like Mathieu, is very physical and is one of those guys who is just natural at all aspects of the sport. He punts, he throws, he runs, he tackles. He also has experience at safety, so it's not a major projection.

2) Flowers is bigger, more athletic and IMO more talented than Dallas Crawford. But that example is a good one. A lot of players have come and gone since February 2011, but Crawford is still here as a valuable member of the team. Crawford and Flowers have higher floors than a lot of prospects because of their versatility. Also the name Quinton "Winky" Flowers ups his chances of success by 32%.

Anquan Boldin's name keeps coming up, to be honest, I prefer the way Bobby Bowden played that one. If Boldin could handle getting beaten out by Chris Rix he could have handled Dorsey beating him out. Imagine that 2001 team with Anquan Boldin opposite of Andre Johnson.

Not saying Flowers is on that level, but he's in our backyard and wants to be part of the U. It will be frustrating if he ends up being a star somewhere else because he left a lot of clues in Miami.

Chad showing his true colors?

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 5m
Soooo much crying at CanesInsight. Sooo much laughing over here. You guys seem mad. Hope you feel better. You boys are a disgrace to UM.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 4m
Speaking as if you have facts when you have zero. You knoweth nothing and it's to the point of laughter.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 3m
That might as well be a Florida St. site as you do more to help them in recruiting than you do Miami. Kids talk. I listen.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 2m
All those wanna be bench warming jocks talking like they know are hurting Miami in the worst way. But carry on because y'all know

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 2m
No communication with Miami. Not begging for offer. Held my own at the U. Q is just fine with those who have offered. No one bitter.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 1m
Stop your crying and making me a celeb on your board. Go get ready for the Star Wars convention you need to attend this

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 9s
Now you can go tell your Grandkids that I mentioned you loosely in a tweet once and you have now reached the top of your lives.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 1m
Mad at the wrong people y'all boys. In time you will learn that. Until then, keep your head in the sand.

Chad Wilson ‏@GridironStuds 9m
and don't neh one of these pipe smoking loud talkers show up to the games. SMH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back