Chad Thomas tidbit

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Per an Alabama team source, Nick Saban became enamored with Chad Thomas over the weekend. He was blown away by Chad's size and charisma, and told his staff that he was their #1 priority for the last few days. Mario and others made a major push but it wasn't enough.

After seeing him at the press conference, it's easy to see why Saban became obsessed. Dude is like the football version of Cameron Diaz in There's Something About Mary. (No homo...I think).

Advertisement
He's got All-American potential, so that makes sense.

I just hope we let him loose here.

Advertisement
Is it true that Mario Cristobal was in Miami last week recruiting and talking major **** about UM?

Frankly I was surprised Bama didn't make a bigger push for the kid earlier in this recruitment cycle. Looks like maybe Saban did look close enough at the kid to realize what kind of player and person he was early enough in the process. I won't argue though if Saban wanted a player we have that badly. Didn't he want Coley bad last year as well?

Advertisement
He should be on the field from day 1. While not in the same position as AQM coming in (meaning we're not as desperate for his skill set), he's more talented and versatile. If we're going to run the world's most predictable stunts/games by placing a DE inside on 3rd and long, it might as well be Chad.

I went to school same time as Mario. There is NO WAY I could recruit against my school... couldn't do it. There will be alot of apologists saying he's doing his job, but I have NO respect for Mario. None.

Alright, D, what do you see our coaches' role fore Thomas here and how would you use him?

I'm convinced that he's the perfect 4-3 DE. I don't want to see him dropping into coverage like we've done McCord.

Advertisement
Who goes to Santiago Chile twice in one year? I've never even been to jersey!

He should be on the field from day 1. While not in the same position as AQM coming in (meaning we're not as desperate for his skill set), he's more talented and versatile. If we're going to run the world's most predictable stunts/games by placing a DE inside on 3rd and long, it might as well be Chad.

Those make me livid

Really don't understand why they don't allow guys to simply rush the passer utilizing the techniques they are supposed to be teaching at practice.

wow, I don't criticize cane fans but lol..that got weird for a min there haha, but ****, im happy about getting CT in the fold!!!! GO CANES!!

Advertisement
I went to school same time as Mario. There is NO WAY I could recruit against my school... couldn't do it. There will be alot of apologists saying he's doing his job, but I have NO respect for Mario. None.

The enemy is my enemy.

More importantly, DMoney, have you heard any tidbits about us not running a defense built for ******** this season?

Odds we just go back to a ******* attacking 4-3?

Alright, D, what do you see our coaches' role fore Thomas here and how would you use him?

I'm convinced that he's the perfect 4-3 DE. I don't want to see him dropping into coverage like we've done McCord.

Ideally, I see him as a LDE in a one-gap 4-3. When he gets bigger, I can see him occasionally playing DT like Justin Tuck.

How will he actually be used? Don't know.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back