For comparison, 2013 (listed as 4-3 depth chart on hurricanesports.com):

DE - Chick/Kamalu
DT - Porter/Renfrow
DT - Pierre/Robinson
DE - Green/Gilbert
LB - Armbrister/McCord
LB - Gaines/Kirby
LB - Perryman/Cornelius

It's been beaten to death, but our personnel is not best suited to play that defense. Point blank. I see odd fits sprinkled throughout that setup.

Advertisement
More importantly, DMoney, have you heard any tidbits about us not running a defense built for ******** this season?

Odds we just go back to a ******* attacking 4-3?

Haven't heard either way. I suspect those decisions will be made in the coming months.

What I do know is that the scheme is the new "cloud." It's being used against us in recruiting. My hope is that the staff will be forced to adjust.

I can't wait to see him lined up in a 5-technique, and slam head-first into a tackle. Going to ******* awesome!

Advertisement
FWIW, I posted this on the main board, but since errybody's over here:

2014 Front 7 2-deep (IMO):

SDE - Chick/Thomas
DT - Pierre/Kamalu
NT - Wyche/Heurtelou
Jack - McCord/AQM
WLB - Perryman/Young
MLB - Kirby/Armbrister
SLB - Figs/Grace

DE - Chick/Kamalu
DT - Porter/Renfrow
DT - Pierre/Robinson
DE - Green/Gilbert
LB - Armbrister/McCord
LB - Gaines/Kirby
LB - Perryman/Cornelius

It's been beaten to death, but our personnel is not best suited to play that defense. Point blank. I see odd fits sprinkled throughout that setup.

I agree. Thomas, AQM, Jackson should in no point of their career be 10 yards downfield.

You don't have to be creative down here to have a great D. Let those stud DEs loose. Think our interior D guys would look better in 4-3 as well.

Advertisement
More importantly, DMoney, have you heard any tidbits about us not running a defense built for ******** this season?

Odds we just go back to a ****ing attacking 4-3?

Haven't heard either way. I suspect those decisions will be made in the coming months.

What I do know is that the scheme is the new "cloud." It's being used against us in recruiting. My hope is that the staff will be forced to adjust.

**** that! That's Golden's Cloud. No excuses anymore. Put up or shut up.

Golden was pretty upset by the way Mario left but burning bridges was not smart om Mario's part. The high school coaches are aware of him now.

In fairness, in a "normal" Flex defense (like Bama's or Seattle's), Thomas, AQM, and Jackson won't be 10 yards downfield.

Lu, I agree that there are still holes, but I would say we have better fits for the 2014 defense than we did for the 2013, if we're running an odd-front flex 3-4.

Examples - I'd much rather see Thomas at DE than Green, our LB corps is an upgrade regardless of scheme IMO, and the Jack/Elephant position is in great shape with McCord and AQM. The biggest thing we're still lacking IMO is a true NT.

Advertisement
Clemons is probably the better comparison given CT's size/skillset then...

Advertisement
Is it true that Mario Cristobal was in Miami last week recruiting and talking major **** about UM?

Can't say for sure. I heard the same rumors, though.

Gotta imagine he is feeling a lot of pressure after the bowl game and his failure to land anyone down here.

In fairness, in a "normal" Flex defense (like Bama's or Seattle's), Thomas, AQM, and Jackson won't be 10 yards downfield.

Lu, I agree that there are still holes, but I would say we have better fits for the 2014 defense than we did for the 2013, if we're running an odd-front flex 3-4.

Examples - I'd much rather see Thomas at DE than Green, our LB corps is an upgrade regardless of scheme IMO, and the Jack/Elephant position is in great shape with McCord and AQM. The biggest thing we're still lacking IMO is a true NT.

My car is missing an ignition, but otherwise is pretty well put together. :noidea:

FWIW, I posted this on the main board, but since errybody's over here:

2014 Front 7 2-deep (IMO):

SDE - Chick/Thomas
DT - Pierre/Kamalu
NT - Wyche/Heurtelou
Jack - McCord/AQM
WLB - Perryman/Young
MLB - Kirby/Armbrister
SLB - Figs/Grace

DE - Chick/Kamalu
DT - Porter/Renfrow
DT - Pierre/Robinson
DE - Green/Gilbert
LB - Armbrister/McCord
LB - Gaines/Kirby
LB - Perryman/Cornelius

It's a beastly 4-3 IMO.

Advertisement
Back