Chad Thomas tidbit

Advertisement
LOL true dat Lu, the NT is what makes the whole thing run. I think Wyche is close to what we need, but he's JUCO. That's the other big issue with recruiting for the 3-4 - NTs are few and far between, never highly rated (since they're usually just big fat guys), and require an otherworldly sense of future projection...

He should be on the field from day 1. While not in the same position as AQM coming in (meaning we're not as desperate for his skill set), he's more talented and versatile. If we're going to run the world's most predictable stunts/games by placing a DE inside on 3rd and long, it might as well be Chad.

Those make me livid

Really don't understand why they don't allow guys to simply rush the passer utilizing the techniques they are supposed to be teaching at practice.

Muhammad ran longer distances on those stunts than Steve Prefontaine.

AQM was stunting from the sideline against Wake and their 37 ft. splits. No D just needed them to EXECUTE better, c'mon guys. It is that simple.

Chad aint no 3-4 de. Golden wants his 3-4 de 285+ like hamilton, kamula and chickillo will be at that weight next year. Chad is 240 now with still a long lean frame and i dont see justin tuck. Chad is similar to ware, aldon smith, and jason taylor tall lean pass rushers who can play the run and athletic enough to drop in coverage once in a while.

Chad aint no 3-4 de. Golden wants his 3-4 de 285+ like hamilton, kamula and chickillo will be at that weight next year. Chad is 240 now with still a long lean frame and i dont see justin tuck. Chad is similar to ware, aldon smith, and jason taylor tall lean pass rushers who can play the run and athletic enough to drop in coverage once in a while.

Exactly. I get the feeling that Chad won't have his hand in the dirt very much at all.

Advertisement
Per an Alabama team source, Nick Saban became enamored with Chad Thomas over the weekend. He was blown away by Chad's size and charisma, and told his staff that he was their #1 priority for the last few days. Mario and others made a major push but it wasn't enough.

After seeing him at the press conference, it's easy to see why Saban became obsessed. Dude is like the football version of Cameron Diaz in There's Something About Mary. (No homo...I think).

185.gif

You may very well be right.

Exactly. I get the feeling that Chad won't have his hand in the dirt very much at all.

Heard on TV earlier they wanted to get him up to 260-270.

DT

Advertisement

DT

260-270 is about the same size as Aldon Smith.

Rush end

Advertisement

DT

260-270 is about the same size as Aldon Smith.

Rush end

Aldon Smith is a great comparison as well - Chad Thomas at Jack would be fun to watch.

I went to school same time as Mario. There is NO WAY I could recruit against my school... couldn't do it. There will be alot of apologists saying he's doing his job, but I have NO respect for Mario. None.

It is just his job, but I couldn't do it either.

Advertisement
He should be on the field from day 1. While not in the same position as AQM coming in (meaning we're not as desperate for his skill set), he's more talented and versatile. If we're going to run the world's most predictable stunts/games by placing a DE inside on 3rd and long, it might as well be Chad.

Those make me livid

Really don't understand why they don't allow guys to simply rush the passer utilizing the techniques they are supposed to be teaching at practice.

Muhammad ran longer distances on those stunts than Steve Prefontaine.

AQM was stunting from the sideline against Wake and their 37 ft. splits. No D just needed them to EXECUTE better, c'mon guys. It is that simple.

lol - this is one of the things that drive me nuts. We never seemed to be able to adjust to anything an opponent hadn't shown us on film.

Alright, D, what do you see our coaches' role fore Thomas here and how would you use him?

I'm convinced that he's the perfect 4-3 DE. I don't want to see him dropping into coverage like we've done McCord.

Ideally, I see him as a LDE in a one-gap 4-3. When he gets bigger, I can see him occasionally playing DT like Justin Tuck.

How will he actually be used? Don't know.

we all know.....just afraid to say or admit it

Advertisement
Back