CFP rankings at 9 tonight

If we lose any game, we won’t be in the playoffs, period. They set it up that way. Stop kidding yourselves, it’s 2000 all over again!!
GTFOOH

Advertisement
They did us a favor. Glad we’re behind Clemson and Baga. Doesn’t mean we have to thank them for it. We should be ****ed. Baga will brag about their # of week’s at #1 . Use it as fuel for fire. Burn their eyes out with our speed and tenacity.

It’s ok to be ****ed y’all. There’s a time to kill. That time is now.

we are out with a loss to clemson unless michigan beats wisconsin (and maybe ohio state as well) and bama wins out

Committee might be weighing Clemsons win against Auburn.

Thats got to be it, I forgot they beat them ****. That looks like a real good win for them especially what they did to UGA, but really that doesnt mean a **** thing cuz they lost to syracuse. This whole **** is fuqed up..............just expand this **** to conference winners get into the playoffs fuq it

Again, Clemson beat [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=6]#6 [/URL] Auburn, at home, by one touchdown.

And then Miami beat [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=8]#8 [/URL] Notre Dame, at home, by over 30 points.

But we still have fake Miami fans telling us that we should be happy to be behind Clemson.

Can Miami just get some real fans, like what we had in the 80s and 90s? Not these feminized millenials who keep telling us how great it is to be "disrespected".

You're getting to emotional about it homie. Everyone on the board knows Miami should be two. But it's completely irrelevant either way.

We play Clemson anyway so theres no way being 3 can **** us. "If they're being disrespected, it'll fire up the team" is actually a thing.

It's not about emotion, it's simply logic.

If none of these votes matter except the final vote, then why bother even having the votes?

The reality is that when you let these idiots on the CFP Committee disrespect us for 3 weeks in a row, then they will keep disrespecting us for three more weeks.

And if you are stupid enough to believe that the team "needs" this disrespect week after week as motivation, then you will be fine when we simply lose once we become #1 , as we will no longer have the needed motivation.

Again, the simple concept that we should accept being given less than what is due to us is a joke.

We did everything necessary. We won every game. But now we have fake Miami fans telling us that a 1-TD victory over the #6 team is "better" than both a 30-point victory over the #8 team AND a loss to a 6-loss team.

Insanity.

This. And let us not forget that what the selection committee is doing is laying a series of clues that reveals how blatantly arbitrary and inconsistent its "reasoning" is week by week. Every week, a new set of rationalizations is trotted out to justify its choices - said rationalizations using entirely different criteria than the week before. Does anyone REALLY think they are using anything remotely like a serious and objective evaluative criteria in making their rankings? If so, I've got a bridge to sell you. What's far more likely is they are using entirely subjective criteria/priorities/biases for their choices, and then inventing the criteria retroactively. Since they aren't actually required to make their criteria public and can change it at their whim, not to mention there is no mechanism to appeal or challenge their decision-making process, what has been set in motion is essentially a rogue enterprise that need not answer to anyone.

Advertisement
They did us a favor. Glad we’re behind Clemson and Baga. Doesn’t mean we have to thank them for it. We should be ****ed. Baga will brag about their # of week’s at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] . Use it as fuel for fire. Burn their eyes out with our speed and tenacity.

They put Bama #1 so they can keep them at #4 if they lose to Auburn. It’s pathetically obvious already. Bama is in no matter what now. 1 spot is gone.

They did us a favor. Glad we’re behind Clemson and Baga. Doesn’t mean we have to thank them for it. We should be ****ed. Baga will brag about their # of week’s at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] . Use it as fuel for fire. Burn their eyes out with our speed and tenacity.

They put Bama #1 so they can keep them at #4 if they lose to Auburn. It’s pathetically obvious already. Bama is in no matter what now. 1 spot is gone.

thats y we need a new system, it should be conference winners only

thats y we need a new system, it should be conference winners only

Word. Whatever tho. These mother ****ers are gonna learn soon.

I go back and forth on what the best ranking for Miami actually is. If we're 1 or 4 we go to the Rose Bowl which I think would help extend our influence to our naturally hardest state to recruit in due to geography, California, but on the other hand the sugarbowl as a 2 or 3 seed would theoretically give us a higher chance of going to the Natty if the committee's final picks are accurate. As it stands now, I'm confident Miami has the stuff to beat anyone in the top 5. With Alabama's depth issues, clemsons meh-ish-ness they've displayed against common opponents, OK's lack of a defense, and wisconsons cupcake record, I'm actually most concerned about auburn. They opened a can of whoop *** against georgia, and their talent along the D line and front 7 was impressive to say the least. A 2 or 3 seed would also boost our rep with the southern schools, but a 4 slot would give us the chance to continue our disrespected angle and make it seem all that much greater when we win the natty. Oh the decisions....

Advertisement
For all you guys that keep saying we are knocked out with a loss, that happens regardless of whether we are ranked number 2 or number 3. There is not going to be 2 ACC teams in the playoffs. Regardless of where we are ranked now, the game against Clemson is a battle for who gets the ACC spot.

For the record, I think this entire committee thing is ridiculous. There is a complete disregard for the fact that in football people get injured. What they are saying with Clemson is that because you lose a game, it doesn't really matter if the committee can justify it. Your quarterback getting popped and being hobbled should not excuse losing to an inferior opponent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

so 2 ACC teams can't get in but 2 SEC teams can?
There won't be 2 ACC teams, that is a fact.

I know but there shouldnt be 2 SeC teams either

For all you guys that keep saying we are knocked out with a loss, that happens regardless of whether we are ranked number 2 or number 3. There is not going to be 2 ACC teams in the playoffs. Regardless of where we are ranked now, the game against Clemson is a battle for who gets the ACC spot.

For the record, I think this entire committee thing is ridiculous. There is a complete disregard for the fact that in football people get injured. What they are saying with Clemson is that because you lose a game, it doesn't really matter if the committee can justify it. Your quarterback getting popped and being hobbled should not excuse losing to an inferior opponent.

so 2 ACC teams can't get in but 2 SEC teams can?
There won't be 2 ACC teams, that is a fact.

I know but there shouldnt be 2 SeC teams either

Bama has 1 spot locked up. That’s over & done with. They can lose by 50 to Auburn & they’ll still be 4.

Frank Beamer is a fine man and what he accomplished at Virginia Tech is nothing short of astonishing. Blacksburg, Virginia is not exactly a hotbed for recruiting nor is it a place kids dream about going there to play.

Beamer will be 100% ethical and will rate the teams based on the knowledge he has garnered from countless years of being around college football.

Oh ffs.

You are clueless and immature! Just because you compete against someone and he puts up a good fight doesn't mean he is a bad person. Anyone who knows Frank Beamer is aware that the man is someone you would send your kid to--to be coached, with certainty that your son would return as a better person. Don't be afraid of the unknown as you sure as **** don't have one clue as to who Frank Beamer is.

No, Idiot, I just know the history. Apparently you do not. Flubberneck is a classless cheat of a coach and all your silly protestations to the contrary won't change that.

You're a deranged moron, a sling-blade wannabe, you don't know jack sheet about Frank Beamer. What you always see from cowards are the comments they make that they would NEVER have the balls to say to the face of those they stupidly and childishly insult. Frank Beamer takes bigger ****'s than you! Old "Flubberneck" would rip your head off and **** down your neck.

We lose to Pitt and OK, Auburn, WI, UGA and likely OSU all jump us.
Then we beat Clemson and jump Auburn/Alabama/Georgia losers. 2 loss Ohio State/1 loss Wisconsin. Simple

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If we weren't Miami, this would make so much sense....but literally, I'm listening to Sports Radio out here in the Bay of all places, and they are making arguments that if Miami loses one game and OSU wins out, OSU deserves to be in the CFP b/c of their body of work in taking down both #2 PSU, #13 MSU, and potentially another top 25 team in Michigan, and another top 8 team in Wisconsin in the championship game. Never mind the fact that they got smacked at home by a crappy defensive team in OU. Never mind a "back to the future" team in Iowa taxed them w 55 points. This is how they are justifying other schools getting in ahead of us even if our 1 loss came in the ACCCG. We gotta win out, period. Can't take no chances.

Advertisement
Frank Beamer is a fine man and what he accomplished at Virginia Tech is nothing short of astonishing. Blacksburg, Virginia is not exactly a hotbed for recruiting nor is it a place kids dream about going there to play.

Beamer will be 100% ethical and will rate the teams based on the knowledge he has garnered from countless years of being around college football.

Oh ffs.

You are clueless and immature! Just because you compete against someone and he puts up a good fight doesn't mean he is a bad person. Anyone who knows Frank Beamer is aware that the man is someone you would send your kid to--to be coached, with certainty that your son would return as a better person. Don't be afraid of the unknown as you sure as **** don't have one clue as to who Frank Beamer is.

No, Idiot, I just know the history. Apparently you do not. Flubberneck is a classless cheat of a coach and all your silly protestations to the contrary won't change that.

You're a deranged moron, a sling-blade wannabe, you don't know jack sheet about Frank Beamer. What you always see from cowards are the comments they make that they would NEVER have the balls to say to the face of those they stupidly and childishly insult. Frank Beamer takes bigger ****'s than you! Old "Flubberneck" would rip your head off and **** down your neck.

But y r u going so hard to defend Beamer though, Mr Bass? U sure ur a Canes fan? B/c right now, I smell a VT troll

it should be 8 playoff teams but no not like now

5 P5 Champs guaranteed in
1 group of 5 in
2 At large bids

would also be cool getting rid of the two at large bids but feel like there is always a scenario where two teams from a conference could/should get in like ACC and SEC this year

would eliminate much of the BS by the committe as 5 spots are not up to them, they could choose the next three and call it a day

Advertisement

But y r u going so hard to defend Beamer though, Mr Bass? U sure ur a Canes fan? B/c right now, I smell a VT troll

He's actually a bot. A Russian bot.

Putin is trying to disrupt the playoffs.

That much I know. I just can't figure out which team he likes and which team he hates.

Thats got to be it, I forgot they beat them ****. That looks like a real good win for them especially what they did to UGA, but really that doesnt mean a **** thing cuz they lost to syracuse. This whole **** is fuqed up..............just expand this **** to conference winners get into the playoffs fuq it

Again, Clemson beat #6 Auburn, at home, by one touchdown.

And then Miami beat #8 Notre Dame, at home, by over 30 points.

But we still have fake Miami fans telling us that we should be happy to be behind Clemson.

Can Miami just get some real fans, like what we had in the 80s and 90s? Not these feminized millenials who keep telling us how great it is to be "disrespected".

You're getting to emotional about it homie. Everyone on the board knows Miami should be two. But it's completely irrelevant either way.

We play Clemson anyway so theres no way being 3 can **** us. "If they're being disrespected, it'll fire up the team" is actually a thing.

It's not about emotion, it's simply logic.

If none of these votes matter except the final vote, then why bother even having the votes?

The reality is that when you let these idiots on the CFP Committee disrespect us for 3 weeks in a row, then they will keep disrespecting us for three more weeks.

And if you are stupid enough to believe that the team "needs" this disrespect week after week as motivation, then you will be fine when we simply lose once we become #1 , as we will no longer have the needed motivation.

Again, the simple concept that we should accept being given less than what is due to us is a joke.

We did everything necessary. We won every game. But now we have fake Miami fans telling us that a 1-TD victory over the #6 team is "better" than both a 30-point victory over the #8 team AND a loss to a 6-loss team.

Insanity.
Literally no one is saying that. We just aren't over emotional ***** like you.

Nearly everyone here thinks we should be 1 or 2.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This.

The **** is that guy even talking about.

And if you need an answer to the “why even have votes” question, then no one can help you.

The set up is there so they can justify sticking a 2 loss Ohio State in there if they win the big ten title.

They stick 2 acc teams in now knowing one will knock off the other. To open that spot.

If auburn loses to bama they are done.

If whisky loses they are out. And we are probably in the same boat. Unless we lose to Virginia or Pitt but beat Clemson. We might sneak back in in that scenario. But if we lose the acc title game I doubt they put us in.

Best case for bama honestly is to lose to Auburn, let auburn play UGA for the title and the winner of the SEC is obviously in and so is bama with only one loss. There’s your two SEC teams in.

If we have one regular season loss but win the ACC title, and Bama has a loss ( to auburn) but UGA wins the SEC. Okla wins out. And OSU wins the big ten title. Who do you think they keep out in that scenario? I’d bet it would be us.
Maybe I’m over thinking it. Lol

Advertisement
Back