CFP rankings at 9 tonight

Thank you playoff committee.

As if the team needed any more motivation to go out there and kick **** the next three weeks
Putting us behind Clemson will only fuel the fire more and keep that chip on the proverbial shoulder.

Advertisement
The more I think about it, I think I’m coming around to Vilma’s side: Miami’s opponent last Saturday probably should never have been ranked #3 and UGA probably shouldn’t have been #1 (though they deserved to be top 4 with an undefeated record, had they played Auburn’s schedule I don’t think they would’ve been).

If someone made the argument that the SEC East, at least this year, was marginally better -if better at all- than the B1G West, I wouldn’t put up much of a fight. UGA won their first game and beat an inconsistent MSSt along with the worst coached teams in college football, the SEC East. Is it time to argue that they’re not who we thought they were? Especially, when you consider the drubbing Miami just gave their “signature” win.

Iowa not only stomped the Buckeyes, they also beat the Hawkeyes -who saw their way to victories over OK and TCU. Is it time to call OK’s loss exactly what it is? A loss. And, WI beat Iowa. Bad.

AL
WI/U
U/WI
Clemson*
OK
Auburn**

*Clemson > OK on neutral field
**Consistency keeps UGA ahead of Auburn if I’m just counting wins and losses, but at this point of the season there is no way a “#1 ” team should be beaten that badly even if it’s on the road. Fromm ain’t who some thought he was.

You must have meant “The Iowa St. Cyclones cause Iowa’s Called The Iowa Hawkeyes fam
My bad. You’re right.

This proves two things:

1. The committee is completely unnecessary, and

2. 4-team playoff model sucks

This proves two things:

This!

8 Team Playoff Model. All Power Five conferences, plus three Wild Cards based on rankings. We have to find a way to get PAC 12/ Mountain West back into the game.

Advertisement
Thank you playoff committee.

As if the team needed any more motivation to go out there and kick **** the next three weeks
Putting us behind Clemson will only fuel the fire more and keep that chip on the proverbial shoulder.

Agree completely. This was perfect for us. Now we go into UVA and Pitt ****ed off and unlikely to take foot off the gas. Clemson is a dead man walking ranked above us when the title game comes around. This is exactly where I wanted us to be. Plus, leaves no doubt that we need to win out to get in -- it will always be that way. Get ready for another funeral service. The tiger paw just got the plot next to the little Irish dude.

Even better, we end up number 2 and will get Bama as number 1 in the title game. I really don't care what also rans get the 3 and 4 spot.

This proves two things:

This!

8 Team Playoff Model. All Power Five conferences, plus three Wild Cards based on rankings. We have to find a way to get PAC 12/ Mountain West back into the game.

[Here is an old post I had]

4 teams [in reference to the current system]. 4 teams makes no sense. At best, one conference champion gets snubbed and that is at best. It should be 8 teams with 5/8 winning their conference championship. If 5/8 are tied to conference championships, you FULLY remove the human element from 63% of the playoff.

3/8 teams will need to be playoff eligible (12 games, 7 at most at home, required to play 8 conference games and 2 BCS/P5 non-conference games). The 3 best non-conference champions go to the playoffs (at most 2 per conference).

To Review:

- 8 team playoff
- 5 teams come from the conference championships (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, PAC 12 and SEC)
- 3 At-Large Teams
- 2 Maximum Teams Per Conference
- Independents are not eligible

To be eligible to make the playoff tournament, as an at-large team, you will need to do the following:

- 12 Regular Season Games
- A team must play 5 games on the road (no neutral BS can count) and 1/5 must be out of conference
- A team must schedule 2 of their 4 OOC games against BCS/P5 conference schools
- A team may schedule the other 2 OOC games against anyone

Use the BCS Poll to determine the other 3 Best Teams (remember 5 teams come from conf. champs):

- SOS
- Record
- RPI

-----

Other things to note:

1. If you switch it to 9 games in conference, you drop a non-P5 game.

2. Another rule to float is that you must make your conference championship to be considered for an At-Large bid.

3. If you're concerned with two teams playing 16 games; remove a cupcake game from the schedule. So teams play 11 regular season games.

ESPN has campaigned for Auburn for weeks. But if Auburn beats Bama, does Bama get left out?

Georgia wins the SEC they probably jump back in, Auburn is out and Bama probably sneaks in.

Auburn wins the SEC and Bama and Georgia both out.

LMAO yeah 1 loss Bama out hahahahaha that’ll be the ****ing day.

Hard to put in a 1 loss Bama if they don't win their conference or even their division and they lose the Iron Bowl and Auburn wins the SEC title game.

They'd need a ton of help to get in. What's their best win? Road win at Miss State?

I go back and forth on what the best ranking for Miami actually is. If we're 1 or 4 we go to the Rose Bowl which I think would help extend our influence to our naturally hardest state to recruit in due to geography, California, but on the other hand the sugarbowl as a 2 or 3 seed would theoretically give us a higher chance of going to the Natty if the committee's final picks are accurate. As it stands now, I'm confident Miami has the stuff to beat anyone in the top 5. With Alabama's depth issues, clemsons meh-ish-ness they've displayed against common opponents, OK's lack of a defense, and wisconsons cupcake record, I'm actually most concerned about auburn. They opened a can of whoop *** against georgia, and their talent along the D line and front 7 was impressive to say the least. A 2 or 3 seed would also boost our rep with the southern schools, but a 4 slot would give us the chance to continue our disrespected angle and make it seem all that much greater when we win the natty. Oh the decisions....

We will be 1 or 2. We will not get in if we lose to Clemson.

Advertisement
This proves two things:

This!

[Here is an old post I had]

4 teams [in reference to the current system]. 4 teams makes no sense. At best, one conference champion gets snubbed and that is at best. It should be 8 teams with 5/8 winning their conference championship. If 5/8 are tied to conference championships, you FULLY remove the human element from 63% of the playoff.

3/8 teams will need to be playoff eligible (12 games, 7 at most at home, required to play 8 conference games and 2 BCS/P5 non-conference games). The 3 best non-conference champions go to the playoffs (at most 2 per conference).

To Review:

- 8 team playoff
- 5 teams come from the conference championships (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, PAC 12 and SEC)
- 3 At-Large Teams
- 2 Maximum Teams Per Conference
- Independents are not eligible

To be eligible to make the playoff tournament, as an at-large team, you will need to do the following:

- 12 Regular Season Games
- A team must play 5 games on the road (no neutral BS can count) and 1/5 must be out of conference
- A team must schedule 2 of their 4 OOC games against BCS/P5 conference schools
- A team may schedule the other 2 OOC games against anyone

Use the BCS Poll to determine the other 3 Best Teams (remember 5 teams come from conf. champs):

- SOS
- Record
- RPI

-----

Other things to note:

1. If you switch it to 9 games in conference, you drop a non-P5 game.

2. Another rule to float is that you must make your conference championship to be considered for an At-Large bid.

3. If you're concerned with two teams playing 16 games; remove a cupcake game from the schedule. So teams play 11 regular season games.
11 game max. Sold.

No independents. Sold.

Rule 2. No. It is very possible, even likely, that the 2nd best team in the country could be from the same division of a conference.

If you’re not trying to get the best 8, then it should stay exactly where it is right now. No sense in expanding with filler.

ESPN has campaigned for Auburn for weeks. But if Auburn beats Bama, does Bama get left out?

Georgia wins the SEC they probably jump back in, Auburn is out and Bama probably sneaks in.

Auburn wins the SEC and Bama and Georgia both out.

LMAO yeah 1 loss Bama out hahahahaha that’ll be the ****ing day.

Hard to put in a 1 loss Bama if they don't win their conference or even their division and they lose the Iron Bowl and Auburn wins the SEC title game.

They'd need a ton of help to get in. What's their best win? Road win at Miss State?

They’re in already. It’s over. They need zero help.

Looks like we need to reschedule the Arkansas state game to get ranked ahead of Clemson. Unfortunately a game we had to cancel against a team that has no business being on the same field as Miami because of a natural disaster is keeping us from the second spot is what Kirby essentially said. Even though Arkansas state plays no one and lost to south Alabama they have a winning record and it was a road game so this would be a bigger win then Syracuse who Clemson lost to.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. I understand we win and we are in it’s that simple. But the the grasping for straws to rank us third is kinda Ridiculous. Eye test says we would have smoked Arkansas state and have played better then Clemson for the last month. Eye test says Clemson was in a back and forth battle with Syracuse then their whole went down and then they lost. I guarentee our backup qb could have played The Whole Arkansas state game and won by 20 plus. What I’m getting at is based of these dumbass metric and Kirby explanation a win vs Arkansas state on the road is more important then a loss to an under 500 Syracuse. Our win over Syracuse doesn’t matter bc they are under 500 and we played them at home even thought they beat Clemson the week before but a win over a **** Arkansas state on the road makes the committee cream pie.

607FE437-59D3-49C4-B9BA-F0BB7173F6B6.jpg
How is a three loss Virginia Tech not ranked when two of their three losses are vs top 3 teams(they also beat West Virginia and will Grier). The sec bias unreal. How is lsu 20 but vt is not ranked? If big losses count as wins then vt should be top ten. Lol. The media bias is making everything easier for the sec and anyone who plays an sec team. Thank god our admin was smart enough to schedule an sec game every year for the next ten years so we always have a game to compare to that overrated conference.

Advertisement
View attachment 54157
How is a three loss Virginia Tech not ranked when two of their three losses are vs top 3 teams(they also beat West Virginia and will Grier). The sec bias unreal. How is lsu 20 but vt is not ranked? If big losses count as wins then vt should be top ten. Lol. The media bias is making everything easier for the sec and anyone who plays an sec team. Thank god our admin was smart enough to schedule an sec game every year for the next ten years so we always have a game to compare to that overrated conference.

they create resumes. very simple. bama being put at 1 locks them up a spot even with a loss to Auburn.

Advertisement
View attachment 54157

they create resumes. very simple. bama being put at 1 locks them up a spot even with a loss to Auburn.

Yep and that’s why the media can’t pick the final four. They trick the average person into looking at these resumes that they themselves created. Not many people have the time to break down their rankings so they just go with it(i happen to have a doctors appointment today so got to do a little research) they have essentially already punched Alabama’s ticket to the playoff win or lose to auburn. Because when it comes down to a one loss Miami or Alabama even though we have wins strength of schedule and would have gone to confrence final they could have a reason to pick Alabama.

Hate to say it but Give them a reason and they will **** us. If we beat Clemson one loss Alabama gets in over two loss Ohio State or usc. Unless auburn blows Alabama out of the water they are in and even that might not knock them out. But if we lose to Clemson by 1 in a close acc championship we are out? They are litterly setting up the resumes to be able to justify doing this.

Just gotta win out. I'm not counting on the committee doing Miami any favors if they lose to Clemson. Even if it's a one point loss. I blame this solely on FSU. If they didn't suck so bad, Miami's win over them would actually matter.

Problem with the 4 team scenario is that there are 5 power conferences plus ND. The good thing about the 4 team playoff (as opposed to an 8 team playoff) - you can possibly have teams like PSU, OSU, ND, USC, TCU, etc in it. If that's what we want, ok, I'm all for it.

Apparently Miami has to win every game for the remainder of human history to get into the playoffs. This is the definition of systemic bias and if the fanbase doesn't speak on it it will continue to persist. A closed mouth doesn't get fed.

Advertisement
Back