2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Advertisement
What I LOVE about Baxter is his patience....
Kid is a touchdown waiting to happen every time he touches the football, just like Robbie Washington. He has all of the traits that jump off the screen, plus has a high football I.Q., and is already an advanced route runner with great hands, so he’ll be deadly as a pass catcher out of the backfield.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is how I feel too. I initially liked Young, but the more I've seen of Baxter the more I like him.

Young looks great, but Baxter looks "special". I don't know if Baxter is as good as Dalvin Cook, but he's the best FL RB I've seen since Dalvin.
Staff agree w/you. @Geo305 said in the latest podcast that the staff believes Baxter is the best FL RB since Dalvin.

Advertisement
Staff agree w/you. @Geo305 said in the latest podcast that the staff believes Baxter is the best FL RB since Dalvin.

I don't buy in to the "best since" or "he's the next" stuff very often.

Example - Joe Yearby, Mark Walton, Cam Harris, Jaylan Knighton all took their turn on "the next Duke Johnson" hype train, and I just had to shake my head.

But Baxter's recruiting class will be 9 years since Dalvin Cook's - and IMO he's easily the best FL RB since Cook. I don't think anyone else is even close. Maybe Young.

Example - Joe Yearby, Mark Walton, Cam Harris, Jaylan Knighton all took their turn on "the next Duke Johnson" hype train, and I just had to shake my head.

But Baxter's recruiting class will be 9 years since Dalvin Cook's - and IMO he's easily the best FL RB since Cook. I don't think anyone else is even close. Maybe Young.
I agree. But I hope no One said that about Cam Harris. He struggled to get yards in high school.

Advertisement

Since Dalvin, really only Sony Michel & Devin Singletary were dominant college backs.

The rest of the South FL backs in that timespan have been slightly above average - to pretty good at best.

I don't know, all he does is run for TDs. It's hard to process following last year's run up the middle for no gain, again, and again and again, bit I think I could get used to it lol

Advertisement
Back