2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Advertisement
Elite footwork and patience allows this young man to press the hole similarly to Dalvin Cook who’s still doing it on Sundays at a high level. Also, with his running style, it seems like it’s hard to get a solid hit on him.

Since Dalvin, really only Sony Michel & Devin Singletary were dominant college backs.

The rest of the South FL backs in that timespan have been slightly above average - to pretty good at best.
100%. Dalvin & Sony were both in 2014 and I think they're a great parallel to the 2023 class.

IMO Talent Wise - Richard Young = Sony Michel (NFL Starter level talent) and Cedric Baxter = Dalvin Cook (NFL Pro-Bowl level talent). Michel/Young are great, but Cook/Baxter are special.

I agree with you - Singletary & Zack Moss are probably the best FL RB's the last 8 years, so it's not really stiff competition for the "Best since Dalvin" title.

I thought Don Chaney was going to take that title, and I'm still hoping, but his injuries are tough. IMO - Young is a notch above Chaney & Baxter is a notch above Young.

I agree. But I hope no One said that about Cam Harris. He struggled to get yards in high school.

Cam is the next Duke comparison definitely happened.

First after his FR year in 2018 & into the 2019 Spring, then again at the start of his JR year in 2020.

I agree with you, and I warned as a prospect Cam's low ypc in High School was a red flag - but as always "he had a bad OL" was the default excuse.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lingard's problem is/was not running upright. Plenty of backs run upright. Derrick Henry runs upright. Lingard's problem is he couldn't shake a parking cone. There's more to being a running back than being rocked up and running in a straight line.
This, and he had chicken legs. He was smaller than I expected.

Baxter is a big boy.

The run at the 2:00 mark 🤯🤯🤯
I also stopped watching after that run

Donovan Mitchell Sport GIF by NBA

Advertisement
Straight up dog

One thing I love doing for entertainment on these videos is watching the reaction of the teammates on the sideline.
2 things stood out to me from doing that on this video.
1. The teammates were often NOT very excited while Baxter was ripping off long runs. My take away from that was that these guys are so used to Baxter running for 80 yards that it is little more than routine. Like a reaction in basketball to a nice jump shot but not the same reaction as the game winner. Polite applause.
2. On a few runs, number 3 on the video, and the obscene run at 2:00, at least one person on Baxter's sideline throws their arms in the air to signal TD when he reaches his own 25 yard line. They knew when he hit the 25 that no one was going to catch him over the next 75 yards?!?!

Who the **** is this guy, and how much will his NIL deal be? 1 million? More. He is outrageous

Let me add that those are the best high school junior year highlights I have seen for a running back since Duke. Now I admittedly don't watch highlights of guys that we know are going elsewhere, but ****.

Advertisement
Tweed….. this is you? New name??
Nah lol... I remember Tweed ( who was legit he delivered Lingard). But I also remember Big Conch with Patrick Johnson... those were the days.

No one outdid Dan Sileo Jr though... That man broke big ****y little pipi @The Franchise . Ever since then he was never the same and now he is living somewhere in the jungles of the Amazon crying about Folden, Mork, and Miaz.

Advertisement
Back