CB Kelee Ringo

Did I say Clemson? And yes It was better than bama or uga last year. Better passing defense and more disruptive than both. Top 5 in yards given up per play and top 5 in yards given up per drive. #1 in 3rd down defense, #1 in passing defense, #1 in tfls, top 10 in sacks
Do u just look at stats and not take into account strength of schedule or compare how they perform against common opponent. When we compare how some of the best top teams perform against common opponents they perform just as good or better. I do agree with you that UGA defense is not better than ours. Our defense is one of the best in the nation, but I do not think it is championship caliber yet. If we had championship caliber defense we wouldn't have let Wisconsin score all of those points, and I know you are gonna say something on the lines of we had some player sitting out, but in order to be championship caliber you need to have depth. Not only that, but they still need to prove they can perform against the best of the best.

Advertisement
Do u just look at stats and not take into account strength of schedule or compare how they perform against common opponent. When we compare how some of the best top teams perform against common opponents they perform just as good or better. I do agree with you that UGA defense is not better than ours. Our defense is one of the best in the nation, but I do not think it is championship caliber yet. If we had championship caliber defense we wouldn't have let Wisconsin score all of those points, and I know you are gonna say something on the lines of we had some player sitting out, but in order to be championship caliber you need to have depth. Not only that, but they still need to prove they can perform against the best of the best.
This loses merit when bama let’s horrible teams have 225 plus passing yards like Louisville, Tennessee, Arkansas, Arkansas state last year. My point is they weren’t as dominant vs the elite teams either AND not even vs the mediocre to bad teams on their schedule either like people like to insinuate. Michigan had a top ranked defense too and when they played Ohio state gave up 70... but yet people quickly dismiss that act like Miami defense wasn’t elite last year. And lol if you think these teams are playing elite talent week in and week out compared to theirs. You don’t think they pad their stats vs lesser opponents or is that just something people try to throw around to attempt to discredit Miami’s defense that 9 times out of 10 bring consistent pressure, with good db play producing tackles for loss and sacks.

Last edited:
This loses merit when bama let’s horrible teams have 225 plus passing yards like Louisville, Tennessee, Arkansas, Arkansas state last year. My point is they weren’t as dominant vs the elite teams either AND not even vs the mediocre to bad teams on their schedule either like people like to insinuate. Michigan had a top ranked defense too and when they played Ohio state gave up 70... but yet people quickly dismiss that act like Miami defense wasn’t elite last year. And lol if you think these teams are playing elite talent week in and week out compared to theirs. You don’t think they pad their stats vs lesser opponents or is that just something people try to throw around to attempt to discredit Miami’s defense that 9 times out of 10 bring consistent pressure, with good db play producing tackles for loss and sacks.

I won’t get into the debate about which defense was better, but I think you have to take into consideration the context of the actual games. Bama, in most games last year ran off to HUGE leads. They were crushing the 1st half spreads most of the season. With such large leads, their opponents were forced to go into passing mode in order to make up ground. Maybe they took the foot off the gas on D the 2nd half?? It goes both ways though, I’m sure they gave up some chunk yards in a soft D, but they also probably made some big plays by baiting the the O (ie., INT’s and sacks).

Again, not debating either way, just throwing out a different perspective w/o just looking at a stat line.

Bama gave up multiple 225 yard plus passing yards to multiple teams who had horrible passing attacks. That didn’t happen vs Miami this year. When they did face a top 30 passing attack(FSU) they still gave up 50% 130 yards passing
Most of Bama's games were blow outs. Which forces teams to pass. Also by the 4th q they were passing against back ups which were usually freshmen

Yea it does because who you play matters, we played no team with decent passing game, including a Virginia team whos QB had a busted up throwing hand and a GT team who runs that crappy *** triple option (which I can’t stand ****** watching) look at what brock brought up with FSUs passing offense being top 20, you honestly think they a top 20 passing offense
No, it doesn’t. Like I said, the schedules all even out. You think we are the only team in the country that played against a triple o team and a team with an injured qb?

And this whole “team with a pulse” narrative is such a straw man. What happened against Syracuse in 2017? That team with a pulse completed 25% and three 4 picks. See how dumb it is to go back two years?

Advertisement
No, it doesn’t. Like I said, the schedules all even out. You think we are the only team in the country that played against a triple o team and a team with an injured qb?

And this whole “team with a pulse” narrative is such a straw man. What happened against Syracuse in 2017? That team with a pulse completed 25% and three 4 picks. See how dumb it is to go back two years?

What great offense did we play against last year? Well how else are you supposed to gauge things without going to the past seasons that had the same players????

Also playing those teams boost the stat numbers for us, because going by your logic app st and central michigan have better passing defense than bama and georgia

LOL first im far from doing that, second those are top teams who have played other top teams, dont try to change the narrative broke
They Didn’t face any legit team until the last 3 games and LSU. LSU who went 4-1 vs top 10 teams didn’t do much vs Miami last year with 296 total yards(11-24 140 yards passing) 2 tds total and a bunch of field goals.

And don’t get me started on uga bullsh*t *** defense, that sh*t was definitely not better than Miami’s

I won’t get into the debate about which defense was better, but I think you have to take into consideration the context of the actual games. Bama, in most games last year ran off to HUGE leads. They were crushing the 1st half spreads most of the season. With such large leads, their opponents were forced to go into passing mode in order to make up ground. Maybe they took the foot off the gas on D the 2nd half?? It goes both ways though, I’m sure they gave up some chunk yards in a soft D, but they also probably made some big plays by baiting the the O (ie., INT’s and sacks).

Again, not debating either way, just throwing out a different perspective w/o just looking at a stat line.

Watch out bruh you might get called a SEC nut hugger for looking at things with a perspective

Advertisement
They Didn’t face any legit team until the last 3 games and LSU. LSU who went 4-1 vs top 10 teams didn’t do much vs Miami last year with 296 total yards(11-24 140 yards passing) 2 tds total and a bunch of field goals.

And don’t get me started on uga bullsh*t *** defense, that sh*t was definitely not better than Miami’s

Bruh bama and georgia played each other, played oklahoma, they all played each other, and you think georgia has a sh¡t defense after they kept bamas crazy offense at bay???? You really think our defense can do that?

Watch out bruh you might get called a SEC nut hugger for looking at things with a perspective
Haha it’s ok...like I said I got no skin in this. At some point you can’t just look at numbers and have to put things in context. I get it since it’s impossible to watch every game. I can only speak about what I’ve seen (I bet Bama first half lines a lot last year so that’s why I mentioned it). As for the LSU/UM game, I think that game should be taken in context as well. Once they got up double digits it was a wrap. Yea if you look solely at the stat line Miami’s D did a very solid job. Who knows if LSU could’ve done more damage if they were forced to?? Plus they were breaking in a transfer QB. It’s not all black and white.

What great offense did we play against last year? Well how else are you supposed to gauge things without going to the past seasons that had the same players????

Also playing those teams boost the stat numbers for us, because going by your logic app st and central michigan have better passing defense than bama and georgia
None. And? I guess the fact that high flying Syracuse played their worst game in the babers-era against us is supposed to be ignored because... it doesn’t fit your narrative.

By your logic our d is better than bamas because joe burrow had worse stats against us. You love this fake hypothetical of yours. If I answer “yes, we would shut down a ‘top offense’ (whatever that means to you)” - all you could do is just say nuhuh, I’d say uhhuh, and this circle would keep on spinning.

None. And? I guess the fact that high flying Syracuse played their worst game in the babers-era against us is supposed to be ignored because... it doesn’t fit your narrative.

By your logic our d is better than bamas because joe burrow had worse stats against us. You love this fake hypothetical of yours. If I answer “yes, we would shut down a ‘top offense’ (whatever that means to you)” - all you could do is just say nuhuh, I’d say uhhuh, and this circle would keep on spinning.

Bruh LOL i love how you just had no answer to what i told ya about stats because what your saying about the “stats” is flawed, the whole stat line in college is flawed based on who they play, we haven’t played any of the top teams and when we did we got smacked, doesn’t matter about the stats, again by your logic about the stats that you yourself said we have better defense than bama and georgia and even clemson

Advertisement
Haha it’s ok...like I said I got no skin in this. At some point you can’t just look at numbers and have to put things in context. I get it since it’s impossible to watch every game. I can only speak about what I’ve seen (I bet Bama first half lines a lot last year so that’s why I mentioned it). As for the LSU/UM game, I think that game should be taken in context as well. Once they got up double digits it was a wrap. Yea if you look solely at the stat line Miami’s D did a very solid job. Who knows if LSU could’ve done more damage if they were forced to?? Plus they were breaking in a transfer QB. It’s not all black and white.

Thats what im trying to get across with my current debate im having with some, the whole “hey the stats say this” has flaws especially in college when teams play bad teams that push up team stat lines, gotta go watch the games and tape and see first hand

Thats what im trying to get across with my current debate im having with some, the whole “hey the stats say this” has flaws especially in college when teams play bad teams that push up team stat lines, gotta go watch the games and tape and see first hand
What’s funny is you act like this only applies to Miami. The next time you try and discredit another team will be your first. I guess We are not even going to count the fact the the defense had the worst starting field position in the country either right? And despite all that put up elite stats in multiple categories

Advertisement
What’s funny is you act like this only applies to Miami. The next time you try and discredit another team will be your first. I guess We are not even going to count the fact the the defense had the worst starting field position in the country either right? And despite all that put up elite stats in multiple categories

Bruh broke i told ya i can talk about other teams too, but guess what bruh this is a miami board, and again i told ya and have proven that the stats are deceiving

Bruh LOL i love how you just had no answer to what i told ya about stats because what your saying about the “stats” is flawed, the whole stat line in college is flawed based on who they play, we haven’t played any of the top teams and when we did we got smacked, doesn’t matter about the stats, again by your logic about the stats that you yourself said we have better defense than bama and georgia and even clemson
Bruh - every p5 team plays a similar schedule. Why doesn't every other team just pad their stats against the terrible teams, and thereby have better stats than us?

Your argument is - our defense doesn't play as well against better offenses... no ****. No defense plays as well against better offenses (good offenses don't make a habit out of being "shut down"). You keep on throwing out this made up hypo that is impossible to answer, and ignoring tangible stats from games that actually happened, just so you can spout this "we suck" narrative - you should probably expect some blowback.

Bruh broke i told ya i can talk about other teams too, but guess what bruh this is a miami board, and again i told ya and have proven that the stats are deceiving
I wouldn't say they are deceiving. Miami didn't have the toughest schedule in 2017 either but the defense didn't do what it did in 2018.

Bruh - every p5 team plays a similar schedule. Why doesn't every other team just pad their stats against the terrible teams, and thereby have better stats than us?

Your argument is - our defense doesn't play as well against better offenses... no ****. No defense plays as well against better offenses (good offenses don't make a habit out of being "shut down"). You keep on throwing out this made up hypo that is impossible to answer, and ignoring tangible stats from games that actually happened, just so you can spout this "we suck" narrative - you should probably expect some blowback.
It's becoming un-readable. I don't know what it is lately but I'm starting to notice a ton of posters on this board who have high post counts but you would swear if that had to root for a team on game day it wouldn't be Miami. Kind of weird for a Hurricanes board.

Advertisement
Back