CB Kelee Ringo

How do people consistently call for Banda and Rumph's job and not Patke's or even Manny? Make it make sense.
The funniest part to this and that's using keele situation as an example is last season keele was begging us for an offer. He already was getting all the smoke. Had everyone in the country after him,was dominant on the field etc. Well I saw with my own eyes Mike constantly telling richt & manny we gotta offer this kid. I'm sayin on a regular mike was lobbying for that to get done. Instead cmr would say that's on manny if he wants to offer and manny would say he sgonna worry about 19 kids that are locals & maybe next year well offer. At first keele was kool and understanding. Than you see manny offering 20 & 21 kids like it ain't nothin & from anywhere. We just playin the #1 & #2 corners like they left overs. I literally showed manny text messages and phone calls going back for months with keele,his coach,ad & family. Still said we gotta do something to justify recruiting a national kid because it's not worth it... Before we all trash kids understand these things happen on a regular. It's a 2 way street.

Advertisement
The funniest part to this and that's using keele situation as an example is last season keele was begging us for an offer. He already was getting all the smoke. Had everyone in the country after him,was dominant on the field etc. Well I saw with my own eyes Mike constantly telling richt & manny we gotta offer this kid. I'm sayin on a regular mike was lobbying for that to get done. Instead cmr would say that's on manny if he wants to offer and manny would say he sgonna worry about 19 kids that are locals & maybe next year well offer. At first keele was kool and understanding. Than you see manny offering 20 & 21 kids like it ain't nothin & from anywhere. We just playin the #1 & #2 corners like they left overs. I literally showed manny text messages and phone calls going back for months with keele,his coach,ad & family. Still said we gotta do something to justify recruiting a national kid because it's not worth it... Before we all trash kids understand these things happen on a regular. It's a 2 way street.

Thanks for sharing, I can emphasize with Manny a bit, I’d say most of the time national kids that are highly rated are begging for X Y and z offers and the school offers and they honestly have no intention of going. They are looking for the twitter “Blessed to receive an offer from my dream school” post. If Miami feels its hard to overcome local kids and the 💰 game I can only imagine how difficulty it would be with a national kid. It takes a special, strong willed, strong family dynamic type kid nationally to come to Miami. Jordan, Hightower as examples

While I believe you, I still don’t think this kid was ever coming. Didn’t we offer and he never visited or mentioned us publicly anyway?

That's depressing....makes no sense why we'd do that.

Thanks for sharing, I can emphasize with Manny a bit, I’d say most of the time national kids that are highly rated are begging for X Y and z offers and the school offers and they honestly have no intention of going. They are looking for the twitter “Blessed to receive an offer from my dream school” post. If Miami feels its hard to overcome local kids and the 💰 game I can only imagine how difficulty it would be with a national kid. It takes a special, strong willed, strong family dynamic type kid nationally to come to Miami. Jordan, Hightower as examples
But the problem with that is by showing empathy you're saying it's ok to hold us back(indirectly). Yes it does take a special kid and relationship. All that being said were just talking about offering the kid which I gave more than enough context on and so did mike. Where manny has a point would be in physically recruiting him. Like we did with the qb in oregon. Using our budget which is minimal compared to most p5 schools to travel out there consistently etc. But if you dont speak your mind and take your shot you'll die a virgin...

Advertisement
But the problem with that is by showing empathy you're saying it's ok to hold us back(indirectly). Yes it does take a special kid and relationship. All that being said were just talking about offering the kid which I gave more than enough context on and so did mike. Where manny has a point would be in physically recruiting him. Like we did with the qb in oregon. Using our budget which is minimal compared to most p5 schools to travel out there consistently etc. But if you dont speak your mind and take your shot you'll die a virgin...

TOTALLY agree with your point, doesn’t hurt to throw out an offer.

While I believe you, I still don’t think this kid was ever coming. Didn’t we offer and he never visited or mentioned us publicly anyway?
I understand disbelief brother. At this point it just is what it is. Yes we finally offered this year around Feb or March if I remember right. He still talks about us often. But we rarely talk with him. Is what it is. No one will believe it but he tried to ov on a particular week & we told him we wanted to ov during paradise. That's how the keele saga went.

Same thing happened with Asante Samuel who rumph was pushing for in the spring of that year yet rumph got blamed for when the rest of the staff decided to go after him after losing jobe in December
Yep, I was going to add that part too but couldn't remember who it was with last year.

Advertisement
I understand disbelief brother. At this point it just is what it is. Yes we finally offered this year around Feb or March if I remember right. He still talks about us often. But we rarely talk with him. Is what it is. No one will believe it but he tried to ov on a particular week & we told him we wanted to ov during paradise. That's how the keele saga went.
Saw Elias ricks might be giving an official visit to Miami. He’s going on all 5 of his. Ringo looks like uga’s to lose at this point

Saw Elias ricks might be giving an official visit to Miami. He’s going on all 5 of his. Ringo looks like uga’s to lose at this point
I told yall last year keele and elias LOVE miami. Both wanted to come here together. Wouldve been the best db haul we EVER put together & that's without knowing the rest of the class. We ****ed that up. Elias is PROBABLY gonna ov here as of last I spoke to him(about a month ago)but only slight possibility he ends up here will be if lsu
doesnt have a spot for him this year. Hes a loyal kid. Far as keel goes hes not uga to lose. Texas has gave him alot to think about. And sc reaches out daily already has boosters telling him about the new staff hed play for. So dysfunctional at ucla and sc it cracks me up. Crazy how sc still gets most they want even with Helton having both feet out the door.

“Talking a little bit” might just be talk but it’s an issue if they’re not talking a lot.
I didn't mean to re-start at the beginning of this thread but sounds like you were spot on with this unfortunately.

Advertisement
I told yall last year keele and elias LOVE miami. Both wanted to come here together. Wouldve been the best db haul we EVER put together & that's without knowing the rest of the class. We ****ed that up. Elias is PROBABLY gonna ov here as of last I spoke to him(about a month ago)but only slight possibility he ends up here will be if lsu
doesnt have a spot for him this year. Hes a loyal kid. Far as keel goes hes not uga to lose. Texas has gave him alot to think about. And sc reaches out daily already has boosters telling him about the new staff hed play for. So dysfunctional at ucla and sc it cracks me up. Crazy how sc still gets most they want even with Helton having both feet out the door.

That's good to hear. As of now, UGA has him checked off as a done deal and committing the weekend of 7/27 with Kendall Milton. I'd rather see him goto Texas, just to spite the dawgs....

I agree, it is what it is. Recruiting, Love it! or Hate it! It is what it is...

We have all heard the stories about begging for offers, dream school, flip flops, wrist bands, etc.

But at the end of the day, there is so much that goes into the commits behind the scene, we as fans will never know it all. And quite frankly I am not sure we can handle the truth.

Keep up the good work dsddcane. Thanks for your honesty and insight.

OSU is in play big time for him

Advertisement
I agree with manny decision on this one. Time is of the essence when it comes to recruiting we have to focus on the kids that in striking distance. We can't waste time stoking some five star ego just to get a respect my decision post a few months later. If the kid really wanted to be a cane he would be one right now.

Advertisement
Back