CB Kelee Ringo

Kids understand the role of the system in our results. NFL scouts diminish those results for whatever reason & slot of bread goes into those stars on d. Also if you look at the vast majority of kids manny has chose to offer since hes been here he values system kids far more than most major p5 defenses.

But its not like we haven’t offered and went after top kids, we went hard after surtain and campbell, agree on the NFL scouting crap they always go after tangibles over how they produced in college

Advertisement
So it would be our offenses fault that we would get rocked? Ok lets say our offense played well enough to put up points (i know hard to picture with richts trash scheme lol) do you still see our defense keeping them at bay?

I think it's a bigger reach to hypothetically suggest that our offense and special teams would play well enough to win than the defense playing well enough.

Read what i said statistics are deceiving, did you actually watch their games? Anytime they played a team with a pulse they would get rocked

Relax. I actually agree with you. He said FSU, then you responded to who? I thought it pretty comical and I was just being a little snarky.

Things have been pretty punchy around here lately with all the "star whores", "he's not elite", "Manny can't recruit", "he's a diva" activity.

First- Wisconsin completed 6 passes for 70 yards, 1td/1int. So I’m not entirely sure how that game assists, in any way, in answering the hypothetical.

Second - can we stop using that game as some sort of indictment of Manny’s scheme. I understand when gheytors bring it up, they need to grasp at every single straw to comfort themselves - but there’s no reason to put so much credence into a meaningless exhibition. A 3rd tier bowl game where the dc was out the door, the two best players on d didn’t play (after the first series), and the offense managed a whopping 6 first downs.

But, yeah, manny can’t coach and Rumph’s dbs are trash because... WisCoNsIN ScOReD 35
We didn’t play any offenses with a pulse last year. Especially any that are passing oriented. So can’t go much on 2018

I attended almost every game in 2017 though where we faced a few offenses with a pulse. Below average qb’s like Kelly Bryant and Hornibrook has literal career days. As did lesser teams like Toledo and Virginia

I don’t hate Manny or Rumph but people need to be realistic. if we played Bama or Oklahoma last year, they would be able to put up 100 points if they really wanted too.

Advertisement
We didn’t play any offenses with a pulse last year. Especially any that are passing oriented. So can’t go much on 2018

I attended almost every game in 2017 though where we faced a few offenses with a pulse. Below average qb’s like Kelly Bryant and Hornibrook has literal career days. As did lesser teams like Toledo and Virginia

I don’t hate Manny or Rumph but people need to be realistic. if we played Bama or Oklahoma last year, they would be able to put up 100 points if they really wanted too.
LOL. You just used "be realistic" and "100 points" in the same sentence.

I'll give it to you - we were outmatched by Clemson and Wisconsin was disappointing, but that was two years ago now. We had the literal #1 pass defense last year, according to multiple metrics - but 2 bad games (2 years ago) is supposed to be some ringing indictment... please.

And - if you were really at the Virginia game in 17, you might remember that in the second half (you know, after halftime - when good coaches adjust their game plans) Benkert had trouble moving the ball and threw more tds to guys wearing green than white.

We landed two 5 star players on offense after a 10 win season. Garvin isn’t elite? Hall neither?

Seven & MF six is not going to bring us ****.

What does that have to do with our defensive recruiting lacking to our offense??? We have had crap offenses with that 10 win season and still got 5 star talent, we had the turnover chain and our defense was the talk of the town and we still couldn’t land **** on defense

Relax. I actually agree with you. He said FSU, then you responded to who? I thought it pretty comical and I was just being a little snarky.

Things have been pretty punchy around here lately with all the "star whores", "he's not elite", "Manny can't recruit", "he's a diva" activity.

My bad for not sensing that fam lol been dealing with illiterate people today lol

Advertisement
LOL. You just used "be realistic" and "100 points" in the same sentence.

I'll give it to you - we were outmatched by Clemson and Wisconsin was disappointing, but that was two years ago now. We had the literal #1 pass defense last year, according to multiple metrics - but 2 bad games (2 years ago) is supposed to be some ringing indictment... please.

And - if you were really at the Virginia game in 17, you might remember that in the second half (you know, after halftime - when good coaches adjust their game plans) Benkert had trouble moving the ball and threw more tds to guys wearing green than white.

So answer my question do you feel that our defense can stop or keep at bay the top offenses in college, the whole statistics stuff is flawed in college because of who people play if I remember correctly app st and eastern michigan were top 10 too

Im speaking overall do you see our defense being able to keep those offenses at bay

Oklahoma? **** no. Look at what they did to Georgia in the playoffs the year before. After they settled in against Bama they got theirs this year as well. They just started awful and got down 21-0. No one is going to flat out shut them down with today's rules where you can't really hit.

So answer my question do you feel that our defense can stop or keep at bay the top offenses in college, the whole statistics stuff is flawed in college because of who people play if I remember correctly app st and eastern michigan were top 10 too
Maybe? (I hope we get to find out). I don't know though... I seem to have misplaced my crystal ball.

This "statistics is flawed" stuff though... complete garbage. Every team plays 12 regular season games - that's a pretty decent sample size. And, ultimately, the schedules are mostly similar. Everyone plays 8/9 conference games a p5 ooc and an fcs tune up. Would our d have the same numbers in the pass happy big12? Probably not, but that doesn't take away from the results as they are.

Maybe? (I hope we get to find out). I don't know though... I seem to have misplaced my crystal ball.

This "statistics is flawed" stuff though... complete garbage. Every team plays 12 regular season games - that's a pretty decent sample size. And, ultimately, the schedules are mostly similar. Everyone plays 8/9 conference games a p5 ooc and an fcs tune up. Would our d have the same numbers in the pass happy big12? Probably not, but that doesn't take away from the results as they are.

Yea it does because who you play matters, we played no team with decent passing game, including a Virginia team whos QB had a busted up throwing hand and a GT team who runs that crappy *** triple option (which I can’t stand ****** watching) look at what brock brought up with FSUs passing offense being top 20, you honestly think they a top 20 passing offense

Advertisement
Oklahoma? **** no. Look at what they did to Georgia in the playoffs the year before. After they settled in against Bama they got theirs this year as well. They just started awful and got down 21-0. No one is going to flat out shut them down with today's rules where you can't really hit.

Thats where im getting at, bama was able to keep that offense at bay until they took break after being up by so much, is our defense at a bama or a UGA level

Thats where im getting at, bama was able to keep that offense at bay until they took break after being up by so much, is our defense at a bama or a UGA level
Miami defense was not on a bama or uga level last year because it was ABOVE both of them.
Stop the sec nutsucking fest... again

While you could question the strength of schedule sure...but "they could put 100 on us" is a gross exaggeration.

Advertisement
Ur delusional, our defense was not better than Clemson or Bama.
Did I say Clemson? And yes It was better than bama or uga last year. Better passing defense and more disruptive than both. Top 5 in yards given up per play and top 5 in yards given up per drive. #1 in 3rd down defense, #1 in passing defense, #1 in tfls, top 10 in sacks

Ur delusional, our defense was not better than Clemson or Bama.

Bama's defense was well below their standard last year. Never saw Saban screaming and yelling on the sideline as much as last year when his secondary was getting pick apart by even average SEC teams.

Advertisement
Back