2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Advertisement
In the end, he’ll be at Miami.

This kid loves it here. His family loves it here.

The path to the league for kids like this is well worn and can be taken from almost any program in the country.

Miami will sign this guy in December.
Are you saying that we could be a dumpster fire on the field again like last year and go 5-7 and he'll still come here? Or is there some expected appreciable improvement that he needs to see to commit?

In the end, he’ll be at Miami.

This kid loves it here. His family loves it here.

The path to the league for kids like this is well worn and can be taken from almost any program in the country.

Miami will sign this guy in December.
So you don’t assume neon deon isn’t going to swoop in last minute like he does for the nations top corner…

Advertisement
“What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? **** no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!”
John Belushi Eyebrows GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
We won’t go 6-6 if that’s the case. 6 loses means you lost to at least 3 garbage teams and the program is dead.
Not for me or in my eyes when u bringing in 5 stars, assuming he will again regardless of record. This is a complete rebuild and I seen how its been done in other places, sometimes patience is required. If he was bringing in dog sh my old mope self would be mad asf, but I see what they are doing and I have seen this story before. So for me im comfortable regardless of the season cause I know whats happening right now, I see the big picture.

It will be about the relationship with MC. That decision for him should be UGA cause of what he will play and the front 7 will help him. So UGA is right now the better option, so this will come down to relationships. People that keep saying performance matters for us but we wont out perform UGA on the field obviously. So IMO its going to come down to is his relationship with MC.
But here's the thing tho he just visited with all them 5 star d-linemen so he knows the front 7 will be absolutely big time here too

Advertisement
Not for me or in my eyes when u bringing in 5 stars, assuming he will again regardless of record. This is a complete rebuild and I seen how its been done in other places, sometimes patience is required. If he was bringing in dog sh my old mope self would be mad asf, but I see what they are doing and I have seen this story before. So for me im comfortable regardless of the season cause I know whats happening right now, I see the big picture.
I just don’t think it’s realistic to assume he’s going to sign a bunch of 5 stars if we go 6-6 or 5-7. It’s literally never happened. Saban went 7-6 his first year at Alabama and went 12-2 in his second. Smart went 8-5 his fist year at Georgia and 13-2 in his second season. Jimbo had never been worse than 8-4 before last year at A&M. Ryan Day and Urban Meyer have never lost more than 2 games in a season at Ohio State. Urban went 9-4 his first year at UF and 12-1 the next. Brian Kelly went 8-5 his first two seasons at Notre Dame before going 12-1 his third. Lincoln Riley won 12 games his first year at Oklahoma and 11 games his first year at USC. Every one of these guys either hit the ground running or took one season to put a winning product on the field.

The list of guys who recruit at a high level without winning at least 8-9 games every year is empty.

Besides, what good is signing top classes if the team only wins 6 games anyway? Th ONLY reason I care about recruiting is that it SHOULD improve actual on field results. If the team isn’t getting better than why even bother?

A repeat of last year and this class is going to implode.

You wouldn’t be able to pay the $ you’d need to hold it together.
That's what I figured. And that would signal the beginning of the end for Mario in my opinion. Mario is an elite recruiter but a below average coach/gameday manager. Once he has nothing to sell, his team will spiral into perpetual mediocrity (where we've been for 2 decades). He needs to stack multiple top 5 classes on top of each other if he wants a perpetual top 10 team. And that's very doable if he can show a progression of improvement.

Advertisement
Back