Canesport rumor on Cristobal

There is a case to be made for hiring Butch as a CEO coach and spending the money on two serious OC and DC coaches. Butch’s Buyout from FIU can’t be much, and he could assemble a staff.

You spend money on the Assistant Coaches. Butch just wants one last shot.
Butch would come back in a heartbeat for relatively small $$$$ and work his -ss off for Miami

Advertisement
Can't disagree with what you say but I see Mario as a guy with a huge ego who would relish the opportunity to come back home to resurrect the U from the dark days. Maybe it's just me trying to make myself feel better.
Mario, could outline the program perfectly to BOT/hopefully new AD. i would like to feel better as well and todays good news is that CMD and Blake are on the same page..... CMD fails, Blake goes with him.... thats my positive thought for the day

just the facts of life, winning is not bring back the 4-5* back to Miami..... how did UGA get consistent top 5 classes once Kirby arrived from Bama ???

Miami could get the Rock to set up a recruiting account in the Caymans funded by all the wealthiest Miami loyalists in the world, and someone would snitch. Sapp would snitch because he wasn’t first name on a hidden account. LeBetard would snitch to get a story. Agents would snitch because they wouldn’t let him use it for runner bags. Our old CIS recruiting crew would snitch to spend more time cuddling with CJ Henderson....you name it — we’d **** it up...

Miami could get the Rock to set up a recruiting account in the Caymans funded by all the wealthiest Miami loyalists in the world, and someone would snitch. Sapp would snitch because he wasn’t first name on a hidden account. LeBetard would snitch to get a story. Agents would snitch because they wouldn’t let him use it for runner bags. Our old CIS recruiting crew would snitch to spend more time cuddling with CJ Henderson....you name it — we’d **** it up...
Or someone at the school would self report it. It would be like former Secretary of State Henry Stimson, who was famously quoted on surveiling America's WW2 allies - "Gentlemen do not read each other's mail."

Advertisement
We've been told that boat has sailed
I always get beat up when I whisper of such things, but if they suddenly fired Manny and hired Butch and gave him a real budget, I wouldn't hate it. At this point, my #1 preference would be to back the Brinx truck up to Mario's driveway and get that going, but since that's almost an impossibility, we need to do something here. Speaking of impossibilities, there's more of a chance that Mario gets hired than Butch, which is slim and none.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And why the **** would Mario leave Oregon for our dumpster fire of a program? Besides the “you’re an alum and should return home” angle, there is absolutely nothing to sell him on.

The only way mario would come here is because he wants to, im sure him being way out west is real different, this administration cant sell em ****, the only chance he would come here would be for his luv of this program and the fact that it hurts him to see it in the condition it currently is in, other than that, they got no shot!

Wait, Mario only makes 2.6 at Oregon?

He has an incentive heavy contract. Is actually going to pull down closer to $3.6 mil this year. Still kinda weird that someone was such a low base would've agreed to a $10 mil buyout.

The fact people think Diaz is going to be fired after one year by Flake James is crazy town. I get that we’re all desperately trying to find some silver lining, but there is no way in **** Diaz doesn’t get a second year.

The only way it would be True is if coach diaz agrees to it kind of does what luke fikkel did at ohio st., but if manny takes the captain of the titanic route, cause desparation has already set in with him, so he's pro spread and let's follow what the top 25 are doing on offense these days, lol, he's gone from "trend setter" talk to follow the leader talk, ok manny, lol!

Advertisement
On Twitter there were some screenshots posted from the Canesport message board alluding to that UM is delicately looking into exactly what it would cost to bring in Mario Cristobal. It was very vaguely worded but wondered if anyone else saw it.

Don’t shoot the messenger, I’ve been trying to find the screenshots again, hopefully I do and will post

Not happening. Funds are not there. And Oregon won’t let it happen. Most importantly, Mario loves it there.

Advertisement
Mario just won the pac12 and landed the two beat linebackers in the country. If he can get another quarterback he might dominate that conference for the next 3 years. Usc is down and Washington lost Petersen
Yea he ain't coming here that's a downgrade if he did leave he is bailing and college/high school kids don't respond to that. See Willie Taggert for example

regrettably you are most likely correct, Sapp and leBatard fit the bill to the T.....

Not happening. Funds are not there. And Oregon won’t let it happen. Most importantly, Mario loves it there.

The funds are there. The funds will not be utilized for a head coach and/or competent staff.

Most competent Universities also recognize the extreme benefit of SAVING $16 million dollars on a past coach. Sure, it isn't a surplus, but it sure as **** is like found money when you roll into what was SUPPOSED to be a real head coaching search. Quite frankly, it was the perfect opportunity to build on what Richt brought and pay competitive salaries to real assistants.....so, true to UM form, we go the other direction and try and get cheaper.

UM

Advertisement
Back