Canes vs who? Elimination game...

The Umpiring at home plate is absolutely terrible. I don't think the last call was strike three. It's where the ball goes over the plate NOT where the catcher catches the ball. The third strike on Ruiz looked inside BUT you can'r take a close call. Just another point that I've seen this story when the CANES BATTERS are very passive and not aggressive. That 8th inning should have produced more runs than two. Just a sign of a team that lacks the killer insight.

Advertisement
Last 3 outs of the season unless we score 2. Let's hope we can all come back and complain in 2 days.

Remember this gentleman and I do believe there are alot of knowledgeable fans here. The game changes along with personalities, trends, and philosophies. I think Morris USED TO be a good coach but it's time for him to retire. He seems comatose and lacks the managerial acumen to be ahead of game situations. These kids should be swinging away form the first pitch on every game. He handcufffs them and the pitching is highly suspect to say the least. If the kids aren't getting it done the blame lies mostly on the coach. He is the one who RECRUITED THEM and totally responsible for their development on the field.

I am completely conflicted on the issue to be honest, though I agree the game has evolved a bit beyond Morris.

Impossible to argue with the results year in and year out, and considering the very real disadvantage versus state schools, he does a solid job. Also, impossible to know if his successor will be able to keep such consistency.

All that said, if he were ever to retire or be replaced, I sure hope they will consider some young guns from outside the program to shake things up.

UM

Advertisement
I used to bet quite a bit but it's been 17 years since my last bet. Do yourself a HUGE FAVOR and quit. You can't win long term and its not healthy for you. Just ask Hank Goldberg who now looks like the kiss of death and gambling has sure had a hand in it.

I know you are right. Gambling is a funny thing as you certainly know.

Why did Jim put in a pinch hitter who's batting .222 to come in at this juncture??

Advertisement
UCSB is not close on the same playing field as Miami yet we somehow make these weak teams look like world beaters!

Advertisement
Welp. We better find a way to get some talent or make some sort of change. Program needs new life. I get it though we made Omaha two years in a row. You know who we beat to get there? Absolutely no one. We are getting outclassed. Something has to give.

Advertisement
Excellent comment by the ESPN announcer about Morris pinch hitting for Barr. Just another clown move by a coach that seems to make very poor decisions and I don't care that he's won two Championships. That was about as poor of a World Series effort as I've seen since following Canes baseball since 1973. They looked like a defeated team and took the personality of their hapless coach!

Welp. We better find a way to get some talent or make some sort of change. Program needs new life. I get it though we made Omaha two years in a row. You know who we beat to get there? Absolutely no one. We are getting outclassed. Something has to give.

I'm just glad that we didn't have to face an SEC or Big 12 team in the Super Regional the last two years. We've had some lucky breaks in who we got to play. You ain't hiding from anyone in Omaha, though.

Whoever jagr was (yeah he's over the top) and I have caught a lot of flack for calling it how it is. Team was average.

Advertisement
Back