Canes vs who? Elimination game...

not trying to be sarcastic, but wondering last time collins batted with someone on base, between that and who comes after him no wonder he leads the nation in walks, its a no brainer to walk him

Lopez is hitting .380 and was over .400 but obviously you rather pitch to him than Zack. Batista is not getting on base in front of him.

lopez is sub .100 in post season play, I don't defer to regular season stats at this point, theres a significant sample size of about 12-15 games that says Lopez is garbage, he lucky he got on base on his last AB, it was a DP

Advertisement
It's going to take 8+ runs or more to win today.

There is still time to turn it around but the last two years our postseason play has been atrocious. Jagar said it and he was right, this team is built for the regular season. That needs to change.

if the last two years of postseason has been so atrocious how are we in the CWS two years in a row? Are you trying to be the new Jagr/Antwan making ridiculous statements?

We have out-talented teams that were playing over their heads. Coastal got to the CWS by winning at LSU. That's impressive. We have beaten VCU and BC to get there. Once you get to Omaha, you have to out-execute people, not out-talent them. Florida and Miami both made the mistake of just doing the same old same old, like literally through their entire games. At this level, teams find your holes and exploit them. You have to be able to exploit them back.

L

There is still time to turn it around but the last two years our postseason play has been atrocious. Jagar said it and he was right, this team is built for the regular season. That needs to change.

if the last two years of postseason has been so atrocious how are we in the CWS two years in a row? Are you trying to be the new Jagr/Antwan making ridiculous statements?

Yes or no this team is 100 times better during the regular season the past two years?(probably more than that)

Just because we are gifted super regional match ups against the two lowest seeded teams left in the tourney the last two years and we scrape by does not mean we are playing good ball. If you can't agree we are different team once post season starts the last few years then we have nothing to discuss because we won't be able to agree.

Advertisement
not trying to be sarcastic, but wondering last time collins batted with someone on base, between that and who comes after him no wonder he leads the nation in walks, its a no brainer to walk him

Lopez is hitting .380 and was over .400 but obviously you rather pitch to him than Zack. Batista is not getting on base in front of him.

lopez is sub .100 in post season play, I don't defer to regular season stats at this point, theres a significant sample size of about 12-15 games that says Lopez is garbage, he lucky he got on base on his last AB, it was a DP

He is slumping but I know he had a 3 hit game vs BC so he isnt hitting .100. He had a great year at the plate and in the field so to call him garbage is a joke. You couldnt shine his shoes and you're calling him garbage? Way to support our players.

L

Yes or no this team is 100 times better during the regular season the past two years?(probably more than that)

Just because we are gifted super regional match ups against the two lowest seeded teams left in the tourney the last two years and we scrape by does not mean we are playing good ball. If you can't agree we are different team once post season starts the last few years then we have nothing to discuss because we won't be able to agree.

2 years in a row in the CWS, how is that in any shape and form atrocious? Just say you misspoke and made an assinine statement.

Batista is killing this lineup right now. He needs to sit down and let someone else have a chance or switch him and Lopez.

L

2 years in a row in the CWS, how is that in any shape and form atrocious? Just say you misspoke and made an assinine statement.

It has been awful. If I wasn't watching the game I would pull our batting, fielding and pitching stats from the regular season compared to the post season the last two years and when you put them side by side one of them is atrocious.

Advertisement
Perfect example: Michelangeli in the CWS so far. Teams just keep tossing sliders in there and he has no answer.

Yep. You simply can't expect talent on paper to spark the club. I laughed at people that thought "unseeded" squads in this side of the bracket, all who beat top competition in their own regional and in super match ups by scrapping and attacking at bats, versus allowing them to come to them, had no chance against a "clearly superior" UM team.

Sure, with solid starting pitching, you always have a chance...but even Morris had to realize that is not what we walked into Omaha with....he answer again was to attack. Easier said than done when the bats aren't there....still, let them be the aggressor, and at least...no pun intended, go down swinging.

Most of you are just here bashing the team all game. I mean come on.....thats so pathetic. Trashing Garcia saying pitching is horrible and its gonna take 8+ to win. Its 1-1 in 6th. Garcia has done his job. Defense has showed up. Now just gotta get bats going.

Advertisement
It's pouring rain in Omaha now.

Top of the 6th we don't get a hit. We have 2 hits this game and of those one has left the infield. But CT thinks that's good because Zack got walked.

if we can escape from this one I'd go:

Lopez
Chester
Collins
Abreu
Hayward
Batista
Michaelangeli
Ruiz
Barr

Most of you are just here bashing the team all game. I mean come on.....thats so pathetic. Trashing Garcia saying pitching is horrible and its gonna take 8+ to win. Its 1-1 in 6th. Garcia has done his job. Defense has showed up. Now just gotta get bats going.

Garcia has looked great the last 3 innings. Glad he turned it around. Defense looks good, as Lopez boots a grounder.

Probably about to have rain delay...and there it is.l

Advertisement

I think the criticism is warrented, simply because people are tired of the same act every time we get to Omaha. Just once we would like to be the team that is playing great baseball in the last two weeks of the season.

S

I think the criticism is warrented, simply because people are tired of the same act every time we get to Omaha. Just once we would like to be the team that is playing great baseball in the last two weeks of the season.

Absolutely it is, and we know what them team CAN do. It has nothing to do with THIS game so much as the wasted opportunities therein. Garcia is doing fine.

Without going into the definition of insanity spiel, it would just be nice to see Morris shake some things up to get them going.

UM

O
S
Most of you are just here bashing the team all game. I mean come on.....thats so pathetic. Trashing Garcia saying pitching is horrible and its gonna take 8+ to win. Its 1-1 in 6th. Garcia as done his job. Defense has showed up. Now just gotta get bats going.

Absolutely it is, and we know what them team CAN do. It has nothing to do with THIS game so much as the wasted opportunities therein. Garcia is doing fine.

Without going into the definition of insanity spiel, it would just be nice to see Morris shake some things up to get them going.

UM

Both of these are correct. I have been very positive all year. Really happy with the teams play and I even said at one point making it to Omaha is the most important thing then we need to go to work. The problem is we have looked awful at Omaha each of the last two years. We just go dead at the plate. That's what I'm upset with, this team is cable of winning the whole thing and we are better than every team in Omaha except Florida yet we look like we are just lucky to be here.

R
O
S
Most of you are just here bashing the team all game. I mean come on.....thats so pathetic. Trashing Garcia saying pitching is horrible and its gonna take 8+ to win. Its 1-1 in 6th. Garcia as done his job. Defense has showed up. Now just gotta get bats going.

UM

Both of these are correct. I have been very positive all year. Really happy with the teams play and I even said at one point making it to Omaha is the most important thing then we need to go to work. The problem is we have looked awful at Omaha each of the last two years. We just go dead at the plate. That's what I'm upset with, this team is cable of winning the whole thing and we are better than every team in Omaha except Florida yet we look like we are just lucky to be here.

It is tough. We have expectations different than most fan bases, but I think even the oldest of us realize CWS appearances just don't come as often being in a tough conference with scholarship limitation issues, etc.

The most horrific thought for me at the start of this year was a repeat of last year, and so far...pretty **** similar except for the scores. Sure I know, making the field is better than not making it...but getting there and struggling is painful.

UM

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back