Canes vs who? Elimination game...

If
Most of you are just here bashing the team all game. I mean come on.....thats so pathetic. Trashing Garcia saying pitching is horrible and its gonna take 8+ to win. Its 1-1 in 6th. Garcia has done his job. Defense has showed up. Now just gotta get bats going.

I have quite honestly never seen anything like the baseball board. This team has gone to the CWS in back-to-back seasons and I am reading a bunch of people who are straight trashing the team.

Most of them are trying to use statistics when they clearly have little to no grasp of them.

I gues I just don't understand fans who don't get ****ed off when the team plays like trash.

Quite frankly, it's normally fans who have less invested. When you are a rabid UM college baseball fan year in and year out, from February to June without fail, you can compare and contrast things throughout the season. Hard to blame the casual pom pom fans for not understanding...they pop up at the end of the year.

It's like when I talk about frustrations with the squad to fans of other teams, they look at me like I'm crazy...and their justification? "Look at your baseball tradition"..."your boys are always there"...etc...nothing about the actual issue in the present. Can't blame em.

UM

I guess you are right.

Making it to Omaha is the goal every year. But goal 1b is looking like you deserve to be there. The last two years we have not.

Advertisement
Bye bye Canes, some of guys get it but this is a VERY average team. Poor pitching, average coach, and average-poor hittng compared to the elite teams in the country. This team is full of under achievers INCLUDING THE HEAD COACH! You got it! The team record means nothing unless you can execute at the College World Series. COMPREHENDE DIEHARDS?

Been saying it for a while. Nobody wants to take the green and orange glasses off. Other than the defense for the most part, team is completely average.

Lead runner on, double play.

We really may be the first team eliminated. I guess we should all just be happy we made it.

Bye bye Canes, some of guys get it but this is a VERY average team. Poor pitching, average coach, and average-poor hittng compared to the elite teams in the country. This team is full of under achievers INCLUDING THE HEAD COACH! You got it! The team record means nothing unless you can execute at the College World Series. COMPREHENDE DIEHARDS?

This game has not gone well, at all.

Now, please explain your logic to me here. You, yourself, admit how this team doesn't have the talent of others, and even all capsed the very in average.

Now, given that we both agree this is what you wrote, explain to me how getting to the CWS is underachieving? The CWS is akin to the Final Four in basketball (given the double elimination format). I would argue without a doubt this Miami team overachieved.

If
Most of you are just here bashing the team all game. I mean come on.....thats so pathetic. Trashing Garcia saying pitching is horrible and its gonna take 8+ to win. Its 1-1 in 6th. Garcia has done his job. Defense has showed up. Now just gotta get bats going.

I have quite honestly never seen anything like the baseball board. This team has gone to the CWS in back-to-back seasons and I am reading a bunch of people who are straight trashing the team.

Most of them are trying to use statistics when they clearly have little to no grasp of them.

I gues I just don't understand fans who don't get ****ed off when the team plays like trash.

Quite frankly, it's normally fans who have less invested. When you are a rabid UM college baseball fan year in and year out, from February to June without fail, you can compare and contrast things throughout the season. Hard to blame the casual pom pom fans for not understanding...they pop up at the end of the year.

It's like when I talk about frustrations with the squad to fans of other teams, they look at me like I'm crazy...and their justification? "Look at your baseball tradition"..."your boys are always there"...etc...nothing about the actual issue in the present. Can't blame em.

UM

If you think I'm a normal fan, you know absolutely nothing about me.

I just cannot fathom getting no joy out of the program unless they win the national title. This is akin to getting upset at the basketball program for "only" making it to the Final Four, or at the football program for "only" making the college football playoff.

Any school that makes multiple appearances in the CWS, Final Four, or CFB playoff and consistently gets beat badly deserves criticism for not being able to finish the job. The luster of "getting there" is long gone. We aren't going to celebrate a performance like this, especially since we can't remember the last time we played well in Omaha.

Advertisement
I like Morris and have said he deserves to go out on his terms, he earned it with 2 titles. But here is an example of the bad coaching runners on first and third UCSB does a squeeze play because we are double play depth. We make an error and don't get the out. So what do we do, play the same defense and allow then to get another run by giving up the squeeze again.

This is y Morris needs to be non-renewed. Miami's body language is deplorable. They have several come from behind victories this year and Morris is doing 0 to keep these guys engaged and remind them who they are.

If

UM

I just cannot fathom getting no joy out of the program unless they win the national title. This is akin to getting upset at the basketball program for "only" making it to the Final Four, or at the football program for "only" making the college football playoff.

Any school that makes multiple appearances in the CWS, Final Four, or CFB playoff and consistently gets beat badly deserves criticism for not being able to finish the job. The luster of "getting there" is long gone. We aren't going to celebrate a performance like this, especially since we can't remember the last time we played well in Omaha.

That's all fine for you, but I simply can't imagine a scenario where you are going to be happy with the program. It takes a ton of talent, luck, and proper sequencing to win the national championship.

If

UM

Well, you clearly personalized my general comment for some reason, so maybe it applies...maybe it doesn't, but wasn't aimed directly at you.

As to your analogies, hard to compare basketball when we have 2 sweet 16 appearances in our history. Football has been completely irrelevant since Clinton's girlfriend arrived, so let's get to a single playoff game first. I'm pretty sure the baseball team is the one holding the nation's longest post-season appearance streak.

UM

Advertisement
Yeah that sucks. Atleast I'm the only dummy here that bet on the Canes. It's crazy. If you bet against Miami in the first two games of Supers and first two games in Omaha you would be at +700 based on $100 bets. First game is a loss of $100. SEcond game you win $400. Up 300. These two games were plus 150ish.

Crazy

I like Morris and have said he deserves to go out on his terms, he earned it with 2 titles. But here is an example of the bad coaching runners on first and third UCSB does a squeeze play because we are double play depth. We make an error and don't get the out. So what do we do, play the same defense and allow then to get another run by giving up the squeeze again.

Considering that Gino is the guy who most likely handles the actual baseball stuff, I'm not sure I'm excited that he is in line to take over in a few years. Few, if any, in-game adjustments, owned on things like squeeze plays, etc.

Like I said in a previous post, you can't just rely on talent in the CWS. You have to execute. See Florida.

If

UM

That's all fine for you, but I simply can't imagine a scenario where you are going to be happy with the program. It takes a ton of talent, luck, and proper sequencing to win the national championship.

You don't think people would be happy if we actually played well in Omaha and won some games?

Remember this gentleman and I do believe there are alot of knowledgeable fans here. The game changes along with personalities, trends, and philosophies. I think Morris USED TO be a good coach but it's time for him to retire. He seems comatose and lacks the managerial acumen to be ahead of game situations. These kids should be swinging away form the first pitch on every game. He handcufffs them and the pitching is highly suspect to say the least. If the kids aren't getting it done the blame lies mostly on the coach. He is the one who RECRUITED THEM and totally responsible for their development on the field.

Advertisement
This is y Morris needs to be non-renewed. Miami's body language is deplorable. They have several come from behind victories this year and Morris is doing 0 to keep these guys engaged and remind them who they are.

Agreed.

I used to bet quite a bit but it's been 17 years since my last bet. Do yourself a HUGE FAVOR and quit. You can't win long term and its not healthy for you. Just ask Hank Goldberg who now looks like the kiss of death and gambling has sure had a hand in it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back