Canes vs who? Elimination game...

Why did Jim put in a pinch hitter who's batting .222 to come in at this juncture??

I was thinking the same thing, but tough call with what Barr has been doing. That is the Morris equivalent of shaking things up unfortunately...hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with a cold PH off the bench with very few swings.

Outside of flashes in game 3 against BC, the theme of UM baseball's post season since the start of the ACC Tourney? You can't hit if you won't swing. Great things rarely occur in 1-2 and 0-2 holes.

UM

Advertisement
I'm just glad that we didn't have to face an SEC or Big 12 team in the Super Regional the last two years. We've had some lucky breaks in who we got to play. You ain't hiding from anyone in Omaha, though.

Except we played Arizona and UC Santa Barbara. Not exactly world beaters.

People who try to make sense out of 2 games sample sizes in Omaha are perplexing. How long have you followed college baseball?

If Texas can ask Augie Garrido to step down, why the **** can't we ask Morris to do it as well?

Dude should have retired after the '08 season.

Advertisement
Good, not great season.

If the team wants to win in Omaha they need to find lockdown starting pitching.

Miami hasn't had the true 1-2 punch in some time. Their formula is more lockdown bullpen, great defense, timely hitting. You gotta have arms.

Maybe Morris will need to look at giving more 80% + type scholarships to the bigger arms. He's never given a full scholarship, which kills depth for a team like Miami, but they need a Thomas Hatch who can win a game for you on his own.

I saw that Oklahoma State team in person and they aren't better than Miami top-to-bottom, but their top is much better than our top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah man. Every loss lol been to Omaha twice in 8 years. Got out scored by what 30 in those two trips. Goodness you're a sunshine pumper.

No. I'm just not an insufferable whiner who calls for people to be fired whenever our season ends.

And last year we had one trip in 7 years. Next year you might be saying three times in 9 years.

It's amazing how in 2012 people wanted to fire Morris for being bad that year. And in 2016 they still want to fire him for being bad in 2012.

Advertisement
I'm just glad that we didn't have to face an SEC or Big 12 team in the Super Regional the last two years. We've had some lucky breaks in who we got to play. You ain't hiding from anyone in Omaha, though.

Except we played Arizona and UC Santa Barbara. Not exactly world beaters.

People who try to make sense out of 2 games sample sizes in Omaha are perplexing. How long have you followed college baseball?

We struggled to beat LBS and BC, I find it appalling that you think it's acceptable that we go to Omaha, can't win a game or two, and your just happy to be there like we're Louisville or something then you call us fake fans. NEWS FLASH you're setting for mediocrity, maybe you're secretly the UFag Kevin O'Sullivan lover.

Jesse Rogers ‏@ESPNChiCubs Miami eliminated in the college WS as a cursing Albert Almora heads out of the clubhouse. He signed there but never played

Keep in mind though, this is a Morris philosophy. He loves pitchability over stuff, and prefers left-handed starters (so do I by the way). Going all the way back to JD ****roft, to this year, when a soft tossing lefty was our Friday starter in Thomas Woodrey, you just aren't going to win consistently in Omaha with that type of starter.

Next year doesn't look to change much, so you hope to keep firing at it in Omaha and get some fortune.

Yeah man. Every loss lol been to Omaha twice in 8 years. Got out scored by what 30 in those two trips. Goodness you're a sunshine pumper.

No. I'm just not an insufferable whiner who calls for people to be fired whenever our season ends.

And last year we had one trip in 7 years. Next year you might be saying three times in 9 years.

It's amazing how in 2012 people wanted to fire Morris for being bad that year. And in 2016 they still want to fire him for being bad in 2012.

So you're content with a 7 year Omaha drought and not even sniffing a championship for 15 years. 15. Let me repeat 15. That's the definition of insanity. You act like because we won 50 games that erases 15 years of not accomplishing anything. If we can't win it with jemile weeks and yonder alonso, when is it ever going to change. Please enlighten all of us insufferable whiners with some common sense

Advertisement
H
Keep in mind though, this is a Morris philosophy. He loves pitchability over stuff, and prefers left-handed starters (so do I by the way). Going all the way back to JD ****roft, to this year, when a soft tossing lefty was our Friday starter in Thomas Woodrey, you just aren't going to win consistently in Omaha with that type of starter.

Next year doesn't look to change much, so you hope to keep firing at it in Omaha and get some fortune.

Very true, though I would love to mix in a fireball righty here and there in a starting role.

UM

What is out record in Omaha from 2002-2016? Year by year would be great if someone knows it off the top of their head.

Advertisement
I don't get people hitching about our season but at the same time there are many coaches out their who are probably better than Morris and would kill to have this job

HurricaneVision;2549852Maybe Morris will need to look at giving more 80% + type scholarships to the bigger arms. He's never given a full scholarship, which kills depth for a team like Miami, but they need a Thomas Hatch who can win a game for you on his own.

This just isn't feasible.

The problem isn't that pitchers don't commit to us. It's that the top arms we sign always get drafted high.

These are some of the pitchers we've lost in the last decade.

Gio Gonzalez (Nationals)
Chris Volstad (Marlins)
Chris Archer (Rays)
A.J. Cole (Nationals)
Luke Jackson (Rangers)
Henry Owens (Red Sox)

Somehow Florida gets these guys on campus. **** if I know.

Last edited:
We struggled to beat LBS and BC, I find it appalling that you think it's acceptable that we go to Omaha, can't win a game or two, and your just happy to be there like we're Louisville or something then you call us fake fans. NEWS FLASH you're setting for mediocrity, maybe you're secretly the UFag Kevin O'Sullivan lover.

More making stuff up.

Nobody is happy right now.

I'm just not an emotional sissy because we lost two games in Omaha.

Finishing 7th in a 64 team tournament is mediocrity according to the guy who probably shines shoes for a living.

Advertisement
Back