Canes vs who? Elimination game...

Keep in mind though, this is a Morris philosophy. He loves pitchability over stuff

As I said before we recruit hard throwers with 'stuff' but those guys don't go to college. Jim Morris is not purposefully recruiting soft-throwing lefties.

College baseball recruiting is unlike any other sport.

Advertisement
HurricaneVision;2549852Maybe Morris will need to look at giving more 80% + type scholarships to the bigger arms. He's never given a full scholarship said:
This just isn't feasible.

The problem isn't that pitchers don't commit to us. It's that the top arms we sign always get drafted high.

These are some of the pitchers we've lost in the last decade.

Gio Gonzalez (Nationals)
Chris Volstad (Marlins)
Chris Archer (Rays)
A.J. Cole (Nationals)
Luke Jackson (Rangers)
Henry Owens (Red Sox)

Somehow Florida gets these guys on campus. **** if I know.
He missed on Shaun Anderson, a son to two UM alumnus. He didn't even offer him, was drafted 40th round out of high school and now was a 3rd round pick this year. He came out of the pen for them as their closer and Red Sox drafted him as a starter and that's just the one I know of. Who knows how many he's missed on. He also didn't offer Johnny India, a Freshman All American of UF at 3rd

So you're content with a 7 year Omaha drought and not even sniffing a championship for 15 years.

Why are you guys so comfortable with making stuff up?

I've been accused of being happy and content with today's result.

You guys are delusional whiners.

Nobody is happy. Nobody is content. Some of us are adults and some of us are children.

We are not on a 7-year Omaha drought. We're on a 2-year streak.

Yet another ninnie who wants to fire a coach because of 2012.

I'm just glad that we didn't have to face an SEC or Big 12 team in the Super Regional the last two years. We've had some lucky breaks in who we got to play. You ain't hiding from anyone in Omaha, though.

Except we played Arizona and UC Santa Barbara. Not exactly world beaters.

People who try to make sense out of 2 games sample sizes in Omaha are perplexing. How long have you followed college baseball?

About a week.

If it's just a small sample size issue, why do we continually find ourselves on the wrong end of these small sample sizes? We played bad baseball this week. We played bad baseball this week last year. We didn't make it this far for six years before that. We played bad baseball this week in 2008. You get the picture.

We struggled to beat LBS and BC, I find it appalling that you think it's acceptable that we go to Omaha, can't win a game or two, and your just happy to be there like we're Louisville or something then you call us fake fans. NEWS FLASH you're setting for mediocrity, maybe you're secretly the UFag Kevin O'Sullivan lover.

More making stuff up.

Nobody is happy right now.

I'm just not an emotional sissy because we lost two games in Omaha.

Finishing 7th in a 64 team tournament is mediocrity according to the guy who probably shines shoes for a living.

Lol, don't throw insults if your happy with being average in life. Have fun working a meaningless 9-5, this whole board knows what I do for a living

Advertisement
You act like because we won 50 games that erases 15 years of not accomplishing anything.

Guilty as charged.

I do care more about winning 50 games this year than what happened 15 years ago.

But you're the kind of guy who will whine about an Omaha season because we weren't good in 2012.

He missed on Shaun Anderson, a son to two UM alumnus. He didn't even offer him, was drafted 40th round out of high school and now was a 3rd round pick this year. He came out of the pen for them as their closer and Red Sox drafted him as a starter and that's just the one I know of. Who knows how many he's missed on. He also didn't offer Johnny India, a Freshman All American of UF at 3rd

We could go on for days about guys that we've 'missed' on. There might be more college able baseball players in South Florida than football players. It's a deep pool.

We overwhelmingly recruit kids from Dade and Broward to save money on housing and other things. I'm sure there are tons of Palm Beach kids who we didn't go after.

I don't get people hitching about our season but at the same time there are many coaches out their who are probably better than Morris and would kill to have this job

Like who?

People want to fire someone winning 50 games because there might be someone better?

You will miss him when he's gone. That's usually the case.

Advertisement

We could go on for days about guys that we've 'missed' on. There might be more college able baseball players in South Florida than football players. It's a deep pool.

We overwhelmingly recruit kids from Dade and Broward to save money on housing and other things. I'm sure there are tons of Palm Beach kids who we didn't go after.

these kids are from broward...Coral Springs to be exact not Palm Beach

If it's just a small sample size issue, why do we continually find ourselves on the wrong end of these small sample sizes? We played bad baseball this week. We played bad baseball this week last year. We didn't make it this far for six years before that. We played bad baseball this week in 2008. You get the picture.

We didn't play bad baseball in 2008.

We were winning in the 9th in game one and our closer threw the ball into field. We then beat our biggest rival in game two.

You do what typical fanboys do. Since we didn't win the whole thing we played bad baseball. Ho-hum.

Advertisement
Morris isn't getting fired. He's retiring in 2 years. Then Gino will be the coach until he retires. Nobody will fire him either.

Complaining about any of the above is spitting in the wind.

Lol, don't throw insults if your happy with being average in life.

You're the one who's average yet demands excellence of somebody else who is a million times better at his job than you are at anything you've ever done in your life.

Think about that.

I don't get people hitching about our season but at the same time there are many coaches out their who are probably better than Morris and would kill to have this job

Like who?

People want to fire someone winning 50 games because there might be someone better?

You will miss him when he's gone. That's usually the case.

A large majority of college baseball coaches would take this job if offered

Last edited:
Advertisement
We don't have the best college pitchers in the country. Better pitchers are going to college. They just don't come to Miami. Why is that?

The **** if I know.

If you have good enough pitching to get to Omaha back-to-back years you probably have good enough pitching to win it. We just didn't win the opening game and give ourselves a chance to go 2-0.

That's it.

People over-analyze things.

In 2012-13 we didn't have good enough players.

That wasn't the issue in 2015-16.

We just didn't give ourselves a chance by getting to the winner's bracket.

Ud
Keep in mind though, this is a Morris philosophy. He loves pitchability over stuff

As I said before we recruit hard throwers with 'stuff' but those guys don't go to college.

We don't have the best college pitchers in the country. Better pitchers are going to college. They just don't come to Miami. Why is that?

To me, that's the million dollar question.

****, 4th rounders ordinarily get $400,000-$550,000 average signing bonuses...goes up obviously from there.

State schools have state specific things they can do beyond the NCAA scholly limits, but still, even a full ride with a bag of cash doesn't come close to what a top 5 round guy will likely get for his signature. So, then it maybe comes down to family situation and focus on education, need for $$$$$, or the belief that college time is needed to hone the craft.

Then you see Vandy and TCU keep burners out of the draft and you wonder....

UM

Advertisement
Back