Canes vs who? Elimination game...

not trying to be sarcastic, but wondering last time collins batted with someone on base, between that and who comes after him no wonder he leads the nation in walks, its a no brainer to walk him

Lopez is hitting .380 and was over .400 but obviously you rather pitch to him than Zack. Batista is not getting on base in front of him.

lopez is sub .100 in post season play, I don't defer to regular season stats at this point, theres a significant sample size of about 12-15 games that says Lopez is garbage, he lucky he got on base on his last AB, it was a DP

Did you just call 12-15 games a significant sample size?

Advertisement
Most of you are just here bashing the team all game. I mean come on.....thats so pathetic. Trashing Garcia saying pitching is horrible and its gonna take 8+ to win. Its 1-1 in 6th. Garcia has done his job. Defense has showed up. Now just gotta get bats going.

I have quite honestly never seen anything like the baseball board. This team has gone to the CWS in back-to-back seasons and I am reading a bunch of people who are straight trashing the team.

Most of them are trying to use statistics when they clearly have little to no grasp of them.

Most of you are just here bashing the team all game. I mean come on.....thats so pathetic. Trashing Garcia saying pitching is horrible and its gonna take 8+ to win. Its 1-1 in 6th. Garcia has done his job. Defense has showed up. Now just gotta get bats going.

I have quite honestly never seen anything like the baseball board. This team has gone to the CWS in back-to-back seasons and I am reading a bunch of people who are straight trashing the team.

Most of them are trying to use statistics when they clearly have little to no grasp of them.

I gues I just don't understand fans who don't get ****ed off when the team plays like trash.

Had to work today so haven't seen today's game but I'm overall critical about the approach at the plate. This team plays great defense and our record is better than our talent. But again, our approach seems terrible. We watch so many get me over pitches down the heart of the plate or just foul them off with defensive swings. Then when we get in a hole with 2 strikes we go fishing for junk in the dirt. It's been the past several years and I don't understand it. Don't let them just throw a fastball with no or 1 strikes. Knock the heck out of it. That's my biggest gripe when we get to the postseason. Anyone else see it?

Advertisement
Game just started back. Garcia gets a fly out then gives up a double. He is pulled for Frankie with runners on 2nd and 3rd one out.

Some of us are discussing, not trashing. Do you have any answers for why we tend to play so poorly when we get to Omaha? Is there some aspect of the program that Jim and Gino need to make a priority? Are the players inexplicably tight when we get there?

If

I gues I just don't understand fans who don't get ****ed off when the team plays like trash.

Quite frankly, it's normally fans who have less invested. When you are a rabid UM college baseball fan year in and year out, from February to June without fail, you can compare and contrast things throughout the season. Hard to blame the casual pom pom fans for not understanding...they pop up at the end of the year.

It's like when I talk about frustrations with the squad to fans of other teams, they look at me like I'm crazy...and their justification? "Look at your baseball tradition"..."your boys are always there"...etc...nothing about the actual issue in the present. Can't blame em.

UM

Advertisement
If you are not watching this disaster right now then I don't want to see a positive post from you. Atrocious is the only word to describe this.

This team, man! I have no idea why they choke in Omaha! UCSB is trash. They r getting smoked by fundamental baseball right now.

Advertisement
If you are not watching this disaster right now then I don't want to see a positive post from you. Atrocious is the only word to describe this.

BAN THIS GUY FOR NOT WORSHIPPING THIS TEAM!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Bye bye Canes, some of guys get it but this is a VERY average team. Poor pitching, average coach, and average-poor hittng compared to the elite teams in the country. This team is full of under achievers INCLUDING THE HEAD COACH! You got it! The team record means nothing unless you can execute at the College World Series. COMPREHENDE DIEHARDS?

If

Quite frankly, it's normally fans who have less invested. When you are a rabid UM college baseball fan year in and year out, from February to June without fail, you can compare and contrast things throughout the season. Hard to blame the casual pom pom fans for not understanding...they pop up at the end of the year.

It's like when I talk about frustrations with the squad to fans of other teams, they look at me like I'm crazy...and their justification? "Look at your baseball tradition"..."your boys are always there"...etc...nothing about the actual issue in the present. Can't blame em.

UM

If you think I'm a normal fan, you know absolutely nothing about me.

I just cannot fathom getting no joy out of the program unless they win the national title. This is akin to getting upset at the basketball program for "only" making it to the Final Four, or at the football program for "only" making the college football playoff.

Advertisement
Back