Canes vs gaytors: The gaytarded View of Who's Better, by Position Group

Advertisement
Qb UF, (as with most positions Miami is deeper but uf has the guy with the most experience. So I go Uf here.

Rb-miami(perine Had the better year but Miami has the most upside with lingard, Davis, Dallas being better than perine, Davis and pierce overall in terms of talent).

Te-Miami come on now....
Receiver - wash but can be either way( Miami has the best talent and plenty of depth but our guys are inexperienced on the field. Uf guys haven’t produced at a great level either but overall it’s still more than most of our guys have done so far. I’ll take a top 2 combo of Jeff Thomas/Osborn over anything they have though .

Oline- both are average but I’ll take Miami. We have better talent on the oline.

De-Miami in a landslide
Dt-wash , both unproven units. Miami has the best talent though.

Linebacker- Miami for sure at the starters, although uf is deeper in terms of depth here.

Cb-uf, very solid experienced duo with depth behind them.

Safety- wash , Miami has better talent than uf here both it’s still an unproven unit. Uf safeties are pretty **** trash tbqh

You're being a pretty massive homer if you don't give UF the nod at WR.

Jefferson: 126 rec, 1502 yds, 10 TD
Cleveland: 54 rec, 920 yds, 7 TD
Hammond: 60 rec, 792 yds, 4 TD
Swain: 30 rec, 479 yds, 8 TD
Toney: 40 rec, 412 yds, 1 TD
Grimes: 29 rec, 384 yds, 2 TD

How do people keep saying UF has better WRs? Jeff Thomas and KJ Osborne might be one the most dangerous (top 5-6) tandems in the country. Sprinkle in Hightower, Pope, Wiggins, Payton, and others. JT4 was more productive than any WR they had last year in Richt’s offense where he had 3 games with 1 catch in a 4 game span for a total of 21 yards because we had no idea how to get him the ball. And he still out produced Jefferson, Grimes, etc.

Lol at TE or LB even being comparable. Sure they have more bodies at LB but the talent and production at the position we have returning is top 2 in cfb and we’re not 2

Advertisement
You're being a pretty massive homer if you don't give UF the nod at WR.

Jefferson: 126 rec, 1502 yds, 10 TD
Cleveland: 54 rec, 920 yds, 7 TD
Hammond: 60 rec, 792 yds, 4 TD
Swain: 30 rec, 479 yds, 8 TD
Toney: 40 rec, 412 yds, 1 TD
Grimes: 29 rec, 384 yds, 2 TD

KJ Osborn : 96 rec, 1430 yards, 12 TDs
Thomas: 42 rec, 937 yds, 5 TDs
Harley: 30 rec, 331 yds
And a bunch of young talented guys. Factor in the offense we ran vs what they ran and we still had the most productive guy last year. Also consider those guys averages on a per season basis and that those are cumulative from at least 3 seasons for all of their WR except Grimes was 1 year. The others average less than 3 catches a game. I would argue that if Miami doesn’t have the advantage it’s a wash because it sure as **** isnt UF

They have more production. I agree with whoever says this exercise is futile, but generally the units with more production are who gets favored in these comparisons.

QB: TBD
RB: TBD
WR:Florida
TE: Miami
OL: Miami (they have 4 new OL)
DL: Miami
LB: Miami
CB: Florida
Safety: TBD
Having 4 new that are good, could easily be better than having 4 return that aren't - that being said looks like Miami wins by 3 TDs

Advertisement
Not so sure TE isn't closer than we think.

Pitts and Gamble were pretty big-time recruits.
No the fvck they were not... Neither of them were anywhere close to Brevin Jordan’s #1 te ranking, top 35 overall... Kyle Pitts has good upside but he ain’t better than Jordan or Mallory that’s for **** sure

Advertisement
Foh
Go compare the film and the speed differential. Mallory 6’5 225 in highschool running a 10.99 in the 100m? Kyle Pitts ain’t doing that sh*t...

I did what you suggested and watched a couple minutes of Pitts' film.

You're being a big homer here, man.

Advertisement
The simple fact is the gator is primed for a severe let down this year akin to what we suffered last year. Look at the position by position comparison to LSU last year versus the end result.

If we lose, then there's no shame because we've got a first year coach and an entirely new offense. But if we win, the gator better be **** concerned about the rest of their schedule.

Mallory and Jordan > Pitts and Gamble

Really that simple.

I agree. I posted UM > UF at TE in this thread.

But to say that Mallory is clearly ahead of Pitts is being a homer imo.

Jordan is who sets us apart. No slight on Mallory intended but Jordan balled from week 1.

With some good S&C Mallory should be a beast. So will Pitts.

Advertisement
Back