Canes vs gaytors: The gaytarded View of Who's Better, by Position Group

Advertisement
And what has our corps done? They have production, depth and some potential. Aside from JT who is a baller, none of our WR’s have shown anything. It is what it is. We have a better defensive front seven. Just being honest.

We have potential and depth as well. You've yet to answer what have they done to earn such praise. I never said our WR corps doesn't have something to prove, they do. But UF's WR core is not exactly elite.

Our fans have argued in favor of Miami having the number one wide receiver unit in the country before every season for the past 25 years. Never fails.

There's one thing arguing that we have the best WR corp in the country. It's another thing anointing UF's core over ours saying we haven't done ****, when in actuality, UF's core hasn't faired much better.

Having 4 new that are good, could easily be better than having 4 return that aren't - that being said looks like Miami wins by 3 TDs
O-Line is a chemistry thing all 5 guys have to be in synch with each other. With 4/5 coming as new starters I don’t see them being better than ours even with our struggles.

Advertisement
Everyone said our DL was ****ed when Norton and Mac left.

Everyone said our secondary would go to **** after we lost all our DB's in 2016.

The staff has proven (even with a HIGHSCHOOL coach who everyone **** on) it can coach up units/players already on both counts.

The defense may not be top 5 but it wont drop to 50th in the country. Our offense not being ranked 104th should help as well.

I get we have new players in starters roles but for some reason I just have the feeling with the new wrinkles that Baker is installing plus more athleticism across the board that this defensive unit remains Top 20 this season. Granted, it will be aided by the ACC offenses we face but they’ll produce as well. Throw in an offense that will climb double digit spots, and you have a recipe for a repeat of 2017 minus the 3 game losing streak at the end plus bowl game. Yes, we’ll get tripped up by a team we shouldn’t lose to, but I don’t see that being Floriduh. We win versus the hated Gayturd by 10.

[/QUOTE]So whatever the score it hurts worse to be ranked and lose than to be unranked and lose. You have hopes and dreams for the season that can be crushed, we don't.
[/QUOTE]
Really? You don't think we have "hopes and dreams" and some pretty effen high expectations for this coming season? BS man.

So whatever the score it hurts worse to be ranked and lose than to be unranked and lose. You have hopes and dreams for the season that can be crushed, we don't.
[/QUOTE]
Really? You don't think we have "hopes and dreams" and some pretty effen high expectations for this coming season? BS man.
[/QUOTE]
Sure, but are you going to be crushed if we lose the opener to the 12th ranked team? The only way we'll be crushed is if it's a blowout and we look like crap.

Advertisement
[/QUOTE]
Sure, but are you going to be crushed if we lose the opener to the 12th ranked team? The only way we'll be crushed is if it's a blowout and we look like crap.
[/QUOTE]. I hear ya. But for me, doesn't matter the score. We lose to turds, I'm crushed. No way around that. Just my feelings though.

Sr. Jefferson - 126 (SEC)
Sr. Hammond - 60
Sr. Cleveland - 54
Jr. Toney - 40
Sr. Swain - 30
Jr. Grimes - 29
Fr. Pitts - 3
Fr. Copeland - 1

vs

Sr. Osborn - 96 (MAC)
Jr. Thomas - 52
Jr. Harley - 30
So. Wiggins - 7
So. Hightower - 4
So. Pope - 1
So. Njoku - 1
Fr. Payton - 0

Imagine yourself as an unbiased observer -- if you were presented with this list of career receptions heading into a game 4 months from now, who would you think has an advantage? Keep in mind that the group with significantly more experience also returns their starter at QB.

Last edited:
Jefferson - 126 (SEC)
Hammond - 60
Cleveland - 54
Toney - 40
Swain - 30
Grimes - 29
Pitts - 3
Copeland - 1

vs

Osborn - 96 (MAC)
Thomas - 52
Harley - 30
Pope - 1
Hightower - 4
Wiggins - 7
Njoku - 1
Payton - 0

Imagine yourself as an unbiased observer -- if you were presented with this list of career receptions heading into a game 4 months from now, who would you think has an advantage? Keep in mind that the group with significantly more experience also returns their starter at QB.

you can think whatever you want..

if you wanna take uf's over ours, I think you're insane

2 of Miami's 8 scholarship WRs have caught a TD pass. And one of them has never played in a game as a Hurricane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back