Canes vs gaytors: The gaytarded View of Who's Better, by Position Group

But I'm well aware that I'm dealing with Miami fans who have trouble seeing things objectively when it comes to our team. We're all guilty of it.

Earlier today I had someone post this as "objective" reasoning for why Miami is obviously ahead of UF at WR, and I quote:

KJ Osborn : 96 rec, 1430 yards, 12 TDs
Thomas: 42 rec, 937 yds, 5 TDs
Harley: 30 rec, 331 yds
And a bunch of young talented guys.

Advertisement
Does that mean he is better? No...

Ryan izzo was rated higher than njoku, was he better? No..

Agreed. I'm high on Mallory but Pitts also has a bright future.

They appear to be using him the same way I hope we use Mallory once Jordan is back - more of a WR than a TE.

There's also some buzz about Gamble after spring.

Last edited:
But I'm well aware that I'm dealing with Miami fans who have trouble seeing things objectively when it comes to our team. We're all guilty of it.

Earlier today I had someone post this as "objective" reasoning for why Miami is obviously ahead of UF at WR, and I quote:

Take into account that your post of their production is career. You just claimed that UF has better receivers and your reasoning boils down to Swain averaging 10 catches and 159 yards a year, Cleveland averaging 18 catches 300 yards a year, and Hammond averaging 20 catches and 264 yards a year. A bunch of irrelevant careers that are essentially over for average players coming out of high school. Compared to the 2 I mentioned before who are more productive than their top 2 in fewer games, followed by a bunch of highly touted young guys that haven’t had their opportunity yet.

Advertisement
Take into account that your post of their production is career. You just claimed that UF has better receivers and your reasoning boils down to Swain averaging 10 catches and 159 yards a year, Cleveland averaging 18 catches 300 yards a year, and Hammond averaging 20 catches and 264 yards a year. A bunch of irrelevant careers that are essentially over for average players coming out of high school. Compared to the 2 I mentioned before who are more productive than their top 2 in fewer games, followed by a bunch of highly touted young guys that haven’t had their opportunity yet.

I like our kids too but JT4 is the only one who's done it on a big stage. Osborn will probably have a decent year and has good experience. For one game a few months from now I'm giving the advantage at WR to UF because they're a veteran, talented group who are comfortable with their QB and system. I'm expecting big things from Pope, Payton, Hightower during their careers but it may not happen overnight for them. The talk for most of the spring is how our WRs continue to struggle catching the ball. I guess we're just ignoring that.

The simple fact is the gator is primed for a severe let down this year akin to what we suffered last year. Look at the position by position comparison to LSU last year versus the end result.

If we lose, then there's no shame because we've got a first year coach and an entirely new offense. But if we win, the gator better be **** concerned about the rest of their schedule.

That kinnnnnda comes off like a built in excuse though. What if you lose 38-35? Will you reason that it was because you have a new DC and getting use to him?

How can you say their WR's are far superior? What has any of their WRs done?
And what has our corps done? They have production, depth and some potential. Aside from JT who is a baller, none of our WR’s have shown anything. It is what it is. We have a better defensive front seven. Just being honest.

You're being a pretty massive homer if you don't give UF the nod at WR.

Jefferson: 126 rec, 1502 yds, 10 TD
Cleveland: 54 rec, 920 yds, 7 TD
Hammond: 60 rec, 792 yds, 4 TD
Swain: 30 rec, 479 yds, 8 TD
Toney: 40 rec, 412 yds, 1 TD
Grimes: 29 rec, 384 yds, 2 TD

This is ***aloon talk.

Advertisement
Our fans have argued in favor of Miami having the number one wide receiver unit in the country before every season for the past 25 years. Never fails.

That kinnnnnda comes off like a built in excuse though. What if you lose 38-35? Will you reason that it was because you have a new DC and getting use to him?
Its definitely convenient, but it's also true. We have nothing but upside. The main reason we have a chance with a first year HC in the first game is because of the way your O line is depleted. Your QB is marginal and without a good O line, even very good receivers and running backs are limited. I know this for fact because it's been our story for the last 15 years or so.

So whatever the score it hurts worse to be ranked and lose than to be unranked and lose. You have hopes and dreams for the season that can be crushed, we don't.

QB: Florida
RB: Miami
WR:Florida
TE: Even
OL: Even
DL: Miami
LB: Even
CB: Florida (The only position they are noticeably better)
Safety: Even

Advertisement
I agree. I believe RB's (Harris) will be better going forwards, and the oline/new scheme will do wonders for the FUTURE run game...... but going off knowns and stats.....DJ doesn't touch Perine's numbers

L Perine- 134 ATT-826 yds-Avg 6.2
DJ Dallas-109 ATT-617 yds- Avg 5.7
Doesnt touch, 5.7 vs 6.2 yards per carry is touching fella.

Depends on how you're rating the groups.

What do you place more of a premium on? Previous production, talent, and/or potential

I'm not guilty of it. I post exactly how I see things. I do the same sht in person. These dopes on here have a hard time with hearing things that don't fall in line with them being homers.

But to play their game. Anybody not saying Miami doesn't have all the position groups in Miami's favor is obviously a troll and Gator. To include the entire coaching staff.

How true Miami fans could ever give the Gators a thumbs up in anything is beyond me.

Did I do that right?

Advertisement
I'm not guilty of it. I post exactly how I see things. I do the same sht in person. These dopes on here have a hard time with hearing things that don't fall in line with them being homers.

But to play their game. Anybody not saying Miami doesn't have all the position groups in Miami's favor is obviously a troll and Gator. To include the entire coaching staff.

How true Miami fans could ever give the Gators a thumbs up in anything is beyond me.

Did I do that right?

What an idiot.

Did I do that right?
We're giving them CB rather unanimously. There's reasonable debate on some other positions and there should be no debate at TE, DL or the starting LB's though I think their young TE's will do fine. That group is not entirely settled. They have been lining Pitts up at WR, Krull hasn't played football in years though he has athletic ability and I read that Dante Lang may be working at DE.

We're giving them CB rather unanimously. There's reasonable debate on some other positions and there should be no debate at TE, DL or the starting LB's though I think their young TE's will do fine. That group is not entirely settled. They have been lining Pitts up at WR, Krull hasn't played football in years though he has athletic ability and I read that Dante Lang may be working at DE.

Lang is going to be the odd man out this year at TE. Zipperer is def going to catch a redshirt.

Krull, Gamble, and Pitts are going to be our TE/HB this season. Krull played sparingly last year, moat notably throwing the trick pass to Franks vs LSU

I agree. I believe RB's (Harris) will be better going forwards, and the oline/new scheme will do wonders for the FUTURE run game...... but going off knowns and stats.....DJ doesn't touch Perine's numbers

L Perine- 134 ATT-826 yds-Avg 6.2
DJ Dallas-109 ATT-617 yds- Avg 5.7

The offense they ran vs the offense we ran last year. Bad comparison..

Advertisement
Back