Canes to pattern game after Cowboys and Seahawks

I'm not falling for this **** again. I'll believe the man has made changes when I see it with my own 2 eyes for more than 1 game.

Advertisement
I would borrow money to see Golden in the Octagon getting pounded in the mouth and nowhere else until his grill was rendered forever useless! Sit on top of him, knees on both arms just beating his grill to a floppy bloody unrecognizable mess.

Wasn't UM's defense ranked 13th or so in the nation last year?

I made a thread about this a while back, but you are correct. The TOTAL DEFENSE stat, which is one of the most misleading stats in football, was top 15; however, if you look at individual stats, such as 3rd down efficiency, 4th down defense, T.O.P, TO ratios, sacks, qb pressures, penalties....we were in the bottom 3rd in the NCAA once again.

The total defense is based upon points given up and total yards per game. The total ypg was misleading b/c we often played on our side of the field since our offense couldn't sustain drives or convert 3rd downs; therefore, the opposition didn't have to drive 80 yrds to score, the only had to drive 60-65 yrds. Also, the strength of schedule diminished from a pre-season top 20 schedule to a in-season top 60 schedule...so the level of competition was not that great, yet we went 6-7.

That's how Golden tries to deceive us, by concentrating on one positive to justify his scheme, but when you break it down, it was just as flawed as last year, if not worst since we couldn't get home to the QB or create TOs.

We've got to give this a chance===Wait I thought we were getting Carroll and Garrett to come here to coach it---on second thought no chance without them...

Advertisement
The biggest joke will be when it comes out that Pete Carroll and Jason Garrett are the guys on the NFL level saying it's mesmerizing that we went 6-7 last year. They're both probably using Alfredo for access to Jimmy's party boat in Islamorada.

Funny thing is I didn't read the article. Just more bs Godlen wants people to process. *** him. I've been tired of his talk since 2011.

Advertisement
if he is learning from the seahawks how to make the 3-4 more effective then that is a good thing... He understands it has to attack. I can see Artie stepping up and locking down one side of the field (In the mold of a Sherman in college). We need to worry a little bit about Safety play in that scheme. We have a player that could do the Cam Chancelor role and blow people up if he would just be more discipline, but I do think Deon will be able to take on what Earl's role is in that defense.

Linebackers - We have athletic guys that can go downhill.. Tyriq will accel if attacking from the Sam, and giving different looks. Most NFL people that talk about the Seahawks D, say it is really simple, they don't change much they just become match up nightmares and exploit weaknesses.

D line is improving and Muhammad is back. I hope Golden does learn from that style of D and not be discouraged from it.

The problem with this post and Al golden is you mold your defense around the players you have. The problem with that is al golden doesn't know what kinda players he has. So now your back to square one.

Golden is a fool to sit there and say..." We' re gonna do what Seattle does". The problem is he doesn't have Seattle players. Carrol does what he does cause of the players. It's not like he has some special scheme no one has ever seen before.

Golden could "incorporate" the schemes from the 2007 patriots offense and the 1986 bears D and it wouldn't make a difference. Guy sucks no matter what he does.

So, we are in the fifth year and the coaches are still looking for an identity?

Good lord...

Yup, pretty pathetic. Now it has dawned on them that they have no clue what they're doing but they think they can reinvent themselves in one year. It's comical, especially because the fans have been complaining about the same **** for four years now.

Advertisement
So, we are in the fifth year and the coaches are still looking for an identity?

Good lord...

Yup, pretty pathetic. Now it has dawned on them that they have no clue what they're doing but they think they can reinvent themselves in one year. It's comical, especially because the fans have been complaining about the same **** for four years now.
These guys really have some serious issues.

This can not be just incompetence.

stopped reading after "More globally, we are going to take a couple more visits in terms of a franchise or organization culturally."

Yeah, that one stumped me too. What was he saying? I still want to know.
View attachment 29981

DEAD!!!

THIS DUDE USE TO KILL ME...GOLDY SELLING THE SAME BEAN PIES AS HIM.

The Oswald Bates character was one of the funniest ever because it rang true. I knew dudes just like him growing up.

Every football coach should look at the #1 offense and the #1 defense in the NFL every year, and just do what they do. Then, they'll have the best offense and best defense in football.

Advertisement
What happened to trusting the process. Dude is throwing **** against the wall now to see what sticks

"We've changed so much from year to year . . . "

from "We need to maintain continuity . . . "

Golden is all over the map.

Advertisement
Back