Canes test positive

Let’s leave the politics out of this.

First of all, I live in South Florida, and for the most part, I’m seeing compliance. I mean I am out and around in Broward and Dade quite a bit.

Secondly, the minority of people that are constantly breaking the rules are not in the current administration‘s demographic for voters. I’m not talking about one group, I’m talking about multiple demographics. This is South Florida, just on percentages alone, the majority of the people breaking the rules vote the other way.

Young people crowding in at house parties, pool parties, and hanging out close together at hangout spots, are NOT in this alleged “MAGAloid” demographic that people keep pointing the finger at it, at least not in South Florida. Let’s just be real.

That’s why it’s stupid to bring politics into this when blaming the populace. Blame the leadership all you want, but let’s be honest about what’s happening out there.

Everybody should absolutely follow the rules and wear their mask. There is no question that has to be done and to do anything else it’s just not socially responsible or acceptable.

At the same time, keep in mind, it’s not very scientific to correlate this mess to lack of mask usage. We just don’t know at this point how and why this flare up is spreading with any great degree of scientific certainty. I think a good portion of it is young people saying “fūck it“ from what I’m seeing out there. Or it just could be more increased social interactions that happened after the lockdown. But we really just don’t know yet. That is why it’s a good idea to be precautionary.

But my no means am I advocating for people not to wear masks, it only makes sense to do it, even if you think you’re just giving a marginal sense of protection to those around you.
folks this is a virus, viruses spread : this is not the first or last virus we will ever experience, this is the only virus that has this type of hysteria tie to it: Believe it or not we have had covid virus in the past :

Advertisement
Ah, thank you for the honesty to admit that most things are based on opinions but "facts". I hate "experts" presenting "facts" when most are just whores I am not against masks, my wife forbade that. She spent lifetime around medicine. Her father was best MD I ever ran across. After extensive research she made masks for all of us designed to provide most protection to the wearer as possible, others be damned.

I think it best to wear one but do like being ordered to and respect others if they refuse. Afterall, mine doesn't do much to protect them anyway. One thing, is it really best to reduce the spread or let it spread while protecting to higher risks so as to hasten "herd immunity"? It seems to me that maybe it is best for the younger people to get it and develop immunity to eliminate possible hosts. Back in the beginning the medical "experts" claim we needed to shut down to protect the hospital system from being overloaded when the flu hit. That was the purpose of flattening the curve I believe. Then the flag dropped and the fireworks stopped and everything changed. Hard to trust someone who lies to you and then changes story to another version. Anyway. stay safe.

The term "facts" is used too often and loosely.....mainly just data from a specific test, study or experience. One fact is - i will die one day. Data shows i have a higher probability of certain causes with my family history and current medical status, but that's the extent of it.

A mask during a pandemic is no different than a seatbelt law. There's enough data to show legislators requiring something that seems fundamentally simple and easy can reduce death, but lack faith that enough will comply, so they make it a requirement. I'm all about personal freedoms....but i'm also about basic structure and principle......people being morally good and doing the right thing. Every freedom comes with an expectation of human decency.

The reason i don't support the full on herd immunity thing is hospital space. In theory that idea may seem ok, but if the spread isn't contained, local hospitals can be overwhelmed.....so those high risk patients for all things, not just covid, do not get the true focus/treatment they require. If you contain it enough to allow the herd immunity to happen naturally in smaller pockets and at a slower rate, while trying to develop treatments or vaccines in the process, it should be easier to manage. Is the mask the best way to slow it? No. Isolation is. But since that can only last so long, a mask is one of many variables than can help....like keeping a distance, washing hands, not touching your face, staying home when you are sick, and just being careful around others.

Glad to hear the wife is keeping you safe. Take care.

Advertisement
You don't want a run on masks when medical facilities themselves can't get enough. My wife works in a nursing home and at that timeframe they were reusing masks because her facility couldn't get enough.

What the surgeon general should have said is make a mask out of a tshirt, or bandana because that's preferable to nothing.

And the federal government should have gotten the manufacturing straightened out. But here it is in July, and the masks I just ordered are from China and not the US.
Didn't we have covid viruses in the past, was there ever a shortage of masks, no why because there wasn't the hysteria there is now. How in the **** did we survive without face masks and lock downs.

No but it seems that's what your doing, the only color i care about is green for $
If you care about green $, you would be pushing for people to do the right things to get businesses back open. Or your money is worth more then the lives being lost?

Advertisement
Is looking out for my family being a pansy? You sound just like 45. Resulting to insults because of some insecurity within you. My cousin, 39 years old died from covid two weeks ago. Wear a mask because this is bigger than yourself. It’s easy to talk big sh** on the Internet. Go sit ya little **** having self down somewhere “tough guy”
classy

Advertisement
I find it hard to walk into a business wearing a mask, hat, and sunglasses and not ask them to empty the register.
I had to do business inside a bank for the first time since this virus hit. I was with one of my well-built teenage sons. We looked at each other and started to laugh when we realized we look like a couple of bandits going to stick the place up. It just felt wrong yet so funny.

Advertisement
according to studies droplets from covid are actually smaller than the flu, but we don't wear masks for the Flu: Actually multiple studies say masks are bad and hurt your immune system : It is just amazing how many pandemics we have had, an no one worry about masks

Really???
Spanish flu 1918. They didn't wear masks?
1918-flu-mask-gettyimages-514910726.jpg

Wait you mean like the President suggested disinfectants and his followers did and died? But they owned the libs

You'll believe anything.

Earlier, Bill Bry
When it comes to matters of viral science, I will be a follower of those with medical degrees, who have made the study of viruses their lives and not pay attention to the blathering of a TV repairman or a barber.

It's OK to follow sometimes. You don't have to pretend to have superior knowledge on every subject.

There's two kinds of physicians. Those who practice medicine - and those who heal.

Many who donate their time and expertise to go to backward areas in the world - don't "practice medicine." They're there to heal.

They bring things that they'd possibly lose their license over if they used those things here - but take them because they heal. Even take things for themselves - considering various infections THEY may be exposed to and catch.

Simply because - these things - work. First time, every time. Scores of times in a row. Then they come home.

Clears up things folks have been suffering badly from for years - and gone in days. These guys also have medical degrees - but actually get out of the clinic on occasion.

You go with whoever you wish - and good luck.

I think a business has a right to require you to wear a mask to enter. I think you should wear a mask in a nursing home or where vunerable people are likely to be or at any home where the owners request it. I don't think it's necessary to wear one when you're driving your own car by yourself. When it comes to a public beach or a place where there is no requirement by the people in charge, you should use discretion and be ready and willing to face the social consequences of those you come in contact with. What I don't think is that the government has or should have the ability to tell you when and where to wear one.

I agree. I do not wear one driving, but i put it on as soon as i exit the car in the public.

I was on vacation recently and did not wear one sitting on the beach. It was a private beach with few visitors but we also made sure to stay 20+ feet away from others. We did wear them around town to get take-out and going for walks.

I disagree on the last point though. A proper government has a responsibility to all people, not just you. If there is just cause to require something for public health and safety, it's on the table. It's why we have speed limits, seatbelt laws, minimum ages for drinking, and laws on drugs. Most individuals might do all of those responsibly but there's enough data/evidence that some don't.....and people have died as a direct cause.

If the government required people to wear masks in public at all times moving forward as a new law - ok yeah, i can see the issue. But it's a pandemic situation across the globe and most countries have some sort of requirements to protect the masses from the spread of the virus.

Advertisement
Back