Canes test positive

You're right - i could have but the topic has been discussed so many time by so many, i highly doubt anything i say at this point is going to change minds. You either agree they help or you're steadfast against them for whatever reason/logic you have.

Someone in my own office is against them....but she has now lost the respect of her colleagues. That's the thing with medicine - there's many different opinions out there and nothing is 100% of anything. Too many variables and one-off test results that make some plausible or helpful for some but not universal. But there's one thing i know for sure - doing nothing has a 0% chance of helping. So even if you personally think standing 6 feet apart is bs and only helps maybe 5%, and masks are bs and only helps 10%......are you then saying 15% reduction in spreading this in order to get back to normal life elsewhere isn't worth it? How is a wearing a mask and being careful to help slow this thing such a struggle?
I think a business has a right to require you to wear a mask to enter. I think you should wear a mask in a nursing home or where vunerable people are likely to be or at any home where the owners request it. I don't think it's necessary to wear one when you're driving your own car by yourself. When it comes to a public beach or a place where there is no requirement by the people in charge, you should use discretion and be ready and willing to face the social consequences of those you come in contact with. What I don't think is that the government has or should have the ability to tell you when and where to wear one.

Advertisement
You're right - i could have but the topic has been discussed so many time by so many, i highly doubt anything i say at this point is going to change minds. You either agree they help or you're steadfast against them for whatever reason/logic you have.

Someone in my own office is against them....but she has now lost the respect of her colleagues. That's the thing with medicine - there's many different opinions out there and nothing is 100% of anything. Too many variables and one-off test results that make some plausible or helpful for some but not universal. But there's one thing i know for sure - doing nothing has a 0% chance of helping. So even if you personally think standing 6 feet apart is bs and only helps maybe 5%, and masks are bs and only helps 10%......are you then saying 15% reduction in spreading this in order to get back to normal life elsewhere isn't worth it? How is a wearing a mask and being careful to help slow this thing such a struggle?
Ah, thank you for the honesty to admit that most things are based on opinions but "facts". I hate "experts" presenting "facts" when most are just whores I am not against masks, my wife forbade that. She spent lifetime around medicine. Her father was best MD I ever ran across. After extensive research she made masks for all of us designed to provide most protection to the wearer as possible, others be damned.

I think it best to wear one but do like being ordered to and respect others if they refuse. Afterall, mine doesn't do much to protect them anyway. One thing, is it really best to reduce the spread or let it spread while protecting to higher risks so as to hasten "herd immunity"? It seems to me that maybe it is best for the younger people to get it and develop immunity to eliminate possible hosts. Back in the beginning the medical "experts" claim we needed to shut down to protect the hospital system from being overloaded when the flu hit. That was the purpose of flattening the curve I believe. Then the flag dropped and the fireworks stopped and everything changed. Hard to trust someone who lies to you and then changes story to another version. Anyway. stay safe.

All things aside, I hope Stroud is taking extra precautions based on his medical history. I was just going to say that it's kind of a good thing that we don't have any coaches on staff like Kehoe and most of them are all younger and seemingly fit (even Justice has slimmed down) but then I remembered Stroud.

...But riddle me this. You say most are in compliance, and I see that where I live too. That means for the most part people are following guidelines which means wearing masks (whatever type), social distancing, businesses opening at 1/2 capacity, etc. Yet, we are still seeing a spike. Why are you then suggesting continued compliance, if compliance doesn't really seem to be mitigating the spike?

The only thing I recall that mitigated the spike was sheltering in place and shutting everything down. We obviously can't go through another round of that. But yet some are suggesting we go back to that.

It seems to me compliance is having a more sociological/psychological impact than a medical one.

I think @PSU Cane explained it better than I can. Fact is we just don’t know either way with anything close to even 90% certainty.

Common sense tells you that at the very least, if you’re out in public in a grocery store, inside somewhere where there’s people around and you need to visit, and you breathe hard or you sneeze or you cough, at least that cloth is catching some of it. It’s not full proof and it’s not perfect, and yeah I guess it’s a belt and suspenders thing, but at this point what does it hurt. And it might help we just don’t know for sure.

I wear a mask so I don’t upset little pansies like you.

Is looking out for my family being a pansy? You sound just like 45. Resulting to insults because of some insecurity within you. My cousin, 39 years old died from covid two weeks ago. Wear a mask because this is bigger than yourself. It’s easy to talk big sh** on the Internet. Go sit ya little **** having self down somewhere “tough guy”

Advertisement
That’s the reason why people should use masks. I don’t know, I can’t be sure, what helps and what doesn’t. But it only makes sense to use them. Why? Because you hate to look back six months from now when they find out that they actually did help substantially, and you were being an ******* for not wearing one. If it turns out they don’t help that much, no harm no foul.

Everyone has their own personal theories. I know I do. But of course I wear a mask. The science will eventually tell us or at least give us better probabilities of what actually was going on. The fact is right now the WHO and many “aerosol“ scientists aren’t even in agreement. It’s been written about significantly. So because there isn’t a rock solid bulletproof scientific consensus, it only makes sense to take precautions.

You're never going to get anyone in the medical community to all agree on things.

One doctor will say cancer can only be killed with chemo and another will say only natural herbs can heal you. It's up to you to see what the majority of medical professional are doing/saying and make the most informed decision you can. I read literature all the time that is contradictory. There's so many variables in medicine, and people in general with how their body responds.....nothing will be 100%.

Is looking out for my family being a pansy? You sound just like 45. Resulting to insults because of some insecurity within you. My cousin, 39 years old died from covid two weeks ago. Wear a mask because this is bigger than yourself. It’s easy to talk big sh** on the Internet. Go sit ya little **** having self down somewhere “tough guy”

No no, you have to understand. This guy went to Miami-Dade Community College for 2 semesters, and it "wasn't for him", so he works as an HVAC tech now. He KNOWS how viruses work. Doctors, virologists, etc...those guys are ******* clueless. The guy on the UM message board who had to go to night school to get a high school diploma from Edison, that's who you should be listening to.

Advertisement
Quarantines of healthy people are a slippery slope. Everything is life is a risk assessment. Should we stop driving? People die, you know. Will every influenza season be like this from now on? People die, you know. Kiss football good-bye. Kiss alot of things good-bye. Or learn to live with the risks we face until the world ends 9 years from now from climate change . . .

Quarantines of healthy people are a slippery slope. Everything is life is a risk assessment. Should we stop driving? People die, you know. Will every influenza season be like this from now on? People die, you know. Kiss football good-bye. Kiss alot of things good-bye. Or learn to live with the risks we face until the world ends 9 years from now from climate change . . .
Comparing COVID-19 to the common flu is idiotic at this point.

Advertisement
Chise, you keep being a follower. Believe all those who you feel to be superior to you.

They haven't been right - YET.
When it comes to matters of viral science, I will be a follower of those with medical degrees, who have made the study of viruses their lives and not pay attention to the blathering of a TV repairman or a barber.

It's OK to follow sometimes. You don't have to pretend to have superior knowledge on every subject.

I think @PSU Cane explained it better than I can. Fact is we just don’t know either way with anything close to even 90% certainty.

Common sense tells you that at the very least, if you’re out in public in a grocery store, inside somewhere where there’s people around and you need to visit, and you breathe hard or you sneeze or you cough, at least that cloth is catching some of it. It’s not full proof and it’s not perfect, and yeah I guess it’s a belt and suspenders thing, but at this point what does it hurt. And it might help we just don’t know for sure.

I absolutely think social distancing and hygiene works with or without the masks. If there are rules to wear a mask I wear it but that is more for conformity than safety. I basically just stay away from people I don't know and wash hands more than I used to.

I have seen no evidence that masks other than N95s work.

Advertisement

It's kinda like Y2K. There was a ton of work done to change and fix things and who knows if it was all for nothing.

Only way we would know if we were wrong with this is way more dead.

This is a blatant lie and I’m 99% sure you know that.

Why would you post this?

Because it's a fact.

(See :27-:39) "..and then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. Is there a way we could do something like that, uh...by injection inside or almost a cleaning cause you see it gets in the lungs and is does a tremendous number on the lungs"

Two men in Georgia and one man in Kansas drank liquid cleaning products 'to ward off COVID-19' after Trump suggested injecting disinfectant into the lungs to combat the virus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...injecting-disinfectant-fight-coronavirus.html

@UMFarArcher @mirasuegui @blushrts

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back