Canes should cancel this bowl game; makes no sense to play it.

As a person who’s been to El Paso several times (not to brag), I can confirm that it is indeed God’s Country. I feel truly sorry for any American with the misfortune to die before making that pilgrimage.
Few things are as bowel stirring as seeing El Paso's rolling hills of amber, winding rivers, and majestic cedar forests. God's country, indeed.

Advertisement

Now the canes are forced to have a 4 day delayed arrival. They’re now scheduled to arrive 24 hours before the game due to many players out and entire position groups out due to covid.

To even attempt to play this game under these circumstances is foolish
Stop beating a dead Horse..

King got some extra reps last year as well in a meaningless bowl game. And we saw how that turned out unfortunately. No idea what kind of practices the team has been able to hold. In light of that it isn't worth risking next season.
Flame away.

Advertisement
die-hard-bruce-willis.gif

King got some extra reps last year as well in a meaningless bowl game. And we saw how that turned out unfortunately. No idea what kind of practices the team has been able to hold. In light of that it isn't worth risking next season.
Flame away.
Apples to oranges.

King ran the ball a lot more than TVD. That, unfortunately, means he’s more susceptible to injury. TVD rarely takes risks and puts his body in harms way.

Flame away.
Maybe cancel. football. Someone may get injured every practice or game. The pussification of America continues

Teams are pulling out of bowl games at break neck speeds...

A handful of teams have pulled out of bowl games for what equates to nothing more than a scratchy throat.

Would hardly say teams are pulling out at break-neck speeds.

Zero reason these games shouldn't go on—even if they're theoretically "meaningless".

People need to grow a pair. There's been ONE reported Omicron death in the United States; Texas dude in his 50's with underlying conditions. We're really shutting down bowl games and masking up California and New York for this?

Advertisement
I’m not sure if it’s the society we’re in, or the fact that Canes football is something any fan of the program 20+ yrs is not accustomed to seeing, but a lot of pussification needs to be weeded out. Teams like Hawaii, UVA & BC are not nearly the standard to follow, & Jimbo is a real life cuck who tricked off another promising season.

Stop reading the headlines of fear mongering. Notice how a slew of NFL stars are in Covid “protocols” to begin the week, & miraculously out by Sunday. Smh.

Oh, oh, oh, and for the soccer dads out there, here’s a newsflash: FOOTBALL IS A CONTACT SPORT WHERE INJURIES CAN HAPPEN ON THE FIELD, OR DURING PRACTICE! U can’t prevent it; I’ve had my boys twist ankles & tear ACLs playing in flag football leagues! Stop the bytchassness. It’s annoying af! We play on Friday & I’m tuned in rooting hard. It’s a great confidence & momentum builder for younger guys who have not been exposed to this.

I’m not sure if it’s the society we’re in, or the fact that Canes football is something any fan of the program 20+ yrs is not accustomed to seeing, but a lot of pussification needs to be weeded out. Teams like Hawaii, UVA & BC are not nearly the standard to follow, & Jimbo is a real life cuck who tricked off another promising season.

Stop reading the headlines of fear mongering. Notice how a slew of NFL stars are in Covid “protocols” to begin the week, & miraculously out by Sunday. Smh.

Oh, oh, oh, and for the soccer dads out there, here’s a newsflash: FOOTBALL IS A CONTACT SPORT WHERE INJURIES CAN HAPPEN ON THE FIELD, OR DURING PRACTICE! U can’t prevent it; I’ve had my boys twist ankles & tear ACLs playing in flag football leagues! Stop the bytchassness. It’s annoying af! We play on Friday & I’m tuned in rooting hard. It’s a great confidence & momentum builder for younger guys who have not been exposed to this.
Award winning post.gif
award small.jpg

Last edited:
What do schools get for playing in these bowl? I don’t want to see the bowl season gone it’s been a important part of the sport but there’s absolutely no incentive to participate in these type of games other than the extra practices..and no that does not mean I agree with op saying we should back out

Advertisement
What do schools get for playing in these bowl? I don’t want to see the bowl season gone it’s been a important part of the sport but there’s absolutely no incentive to participate in these type of games other than the extra practices..and no that does not mean I agree with op saying we should back out

I know it’s 1,000,000+, but it’s easy enough to google. You have to remember, 99% of the players in these games are never gonna play a single down in the NFL. And for some, it may be the last football game they ever play.

In addition to that, they get swag and some money, although not nearly enough as they should.

So yeah I can imagine if I was some mid-level or even a very good player, I would definitely want to play

I think selfishly you just want watch some more canes football my boy..and I’m here for it

Advertisement
I think selfishly you just want watch some more canes football my boy..and I’m here for it

And I say **** yeah, **** yeah, **** yeah, fcking right, fcking right, alright I wanna watch more Canes football. But what I said still holds true.

Could u imagine the 1990 Canes team saying “Man, F The Cotton Bowl. It’s meaningless b/c we won’t win the Nat’l title.”

Or how bout the ‘93 Canes saying, “Man F the Fiesta. It’s meaningless b/c we won’t win the Nat’l title.

Or how bout the ‘96 Canes saying, F The Carquest Bowl. It’s meaningless b/c we won’t win the Nat’l title.

None us would say that chit; whenever u can put food on the table (cash prize), evals, more coaching from practice, and young guys getting even more experience, u take that. Furthermore, we have a new regime who’s interested to see what pieces they have from a coaching & player personnel standpoint. What better way than to see them in live game action?

For this game (Sun Bowl), the total payout is $4.55m, so we get half of that, that goes into the overall conference pot. Plus, I believe we qualify for $300k. I believe each school will get that amount if we qualified for the academic rating.

Advertisement
Back