Canes Favored by 5 1/2 over Duke

Duke's opponents thus far have been:
North Carolina Central - 2-1 wins against Shaw and South Carolina State
Northwestern - 2-1 wins against Nevada and Bowling Green
Baylor - 0-4 lol
North Carolina - 1-3 win against Old Dominion

This is not an impressive resume, and by no means suggests that Duke is "much improved." They've beat teams who've been getting the **** kicked out of them by everybody. UT San Antonio and Liberty University also beat Baylor. This Duke offense managed to put 14 points LESS than Liberty University on Baylor.

Advertisement
Duke plays us pretty tough up there.

We have yet to march in there and completely blow them out because we have a U on our helmets.

2015 - won by 3
2013 - blowed out
2012 - won by 7
2010 - won by 15
2008 - won by 17, trailed at halftime
2006 - won by 5

We have yet to march in there and completely blow them out because we have a U on our helmets.

2015 - won by 3
2013 - blowed out
2012 - won by 7
2010 - won by 15
2006 - won by 5

Yup. Duke doesn't possess much of a home field advantage ( they'll be lucky if they have 30k on Friday). But they've played us very well in Wallace Wade. In fact most of these NC teams have played us well at home since we joined the ACC. Even Wake in 2009.

2015 - won by 3
2013 - blowed out
2012 - won by 7
2010 - won by 15
2006 - won by 5

Yup. Duke doesn't possess much of a home field advantage ( they'll be lucky if they have 30k on Friday). But they've played us very well in Wallace Wade. In fact most of these NC teams have played us well at home since we joined the ACC. Even Wake in 2009.

It's mostly because we've been a 7-9 win team, as are the North Carolina teams, so we've, unfortunately, been evenly matched.

Advertisement
Cvntsniff is licking his chops looking at that confused **** pile of a defense we've been trotting out there this year. We should win this game because we have far superior material. But I'll tell you this much: I'm shook over our defense. And Cvntsniff is a very good veteran offensive mind.

Cvntsniff is licking his chops looking at that confused **** pile of a defense we've been trotting out there this year. We should win this game because we have far superior material. But I'll tell you this much: I'm shook over our defense. And Cvntsniff is a very good veteran offensive mind.

He also wears depends on the sidelines during games

Manny has opted to go without the Depenz and has, instead, chosen to spray his ***** all over the field.

This game was 16-14 Canes at halftime last season...we trailed most of the first half. I see a similar start this Friday with the good guys pulling away in the second half. 45-24 Canes win.

Advertisement

I agree with you Cutcliffe will have them ready. On the plus side they seem to be a little more of a run first team this year. Which bodes well for us. Although after watching our secondary he will probably scrap that & throw it 60 times.
to

This game was 16-14 Canes at halftime last season...we trailed most of the first half. I see a similar start this Friday with the good guys pulling away in the second half. 45-24 Canes win.

I'll be pleasantly stunned if we score 45 on Friday. First true test of the year for our OL. Me thinks 31-23 good guys

I'll be pleasantly stunned if we score 45 on Friday. First true test of the year for our OL. Me thinks 31-23 good guys

Hope you are wrong bc that is too close for my liking. We need to make a statement with this next game. First ACC game and on the road against a decent opponent. We need a major psych boost heading into Trailerhassee next week. I don't care if the CrimiNoles are 0-3, they are going to give us their best game like they always do. The streak must end

NC went into the Duke game with the team ranked 121st in total defense. The Dukies managed two offensive TDs on an injury depleted NC defense. It would help you so much to actually watch some games instead of posting here a million times?! Ohnoes, here comes RVACane with the -.

Advertisement
At 5.5 I am taking the Canes all day. They're not a doormat team anymore, but the more I look at what they're doing well this season, the more I like the match up. They can throw it a little but running has been their game. I don't think they can matchup with our skill positions well enough to keep this close. If we are decent enough against the run to get our offense a respectable amount of at bats, I think we win by 2 TDs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree with you Cutcliffe will have them ready. On the plus side they seem to be a little more of a run first team this year. Which bodes well for us. Although after watching our secondary he will probably scrap that & throw it 60 times.
to

Cvntsniff is smart enough to see that raw meat sitting out there in the secondary. Toledo had guys running free off and on for 60 minutes. If we don't get that worked out and start tackling a little better too, then it's going to be a war on Friday.

to

Cvntsniff is smart enough to see that raw meat sitting out there in the secondary. Toledo had guys running free off and on for 60 minutes. If we don't get that worked out and start tackling a little better too, then it's going to be a war on Friday.

If Toledo had guys running free for 60 minutes then why did they gain 289 of their yards in the 1st half, then only 115 in the 2nd half with 77 coming off of one drive where we had all of our backups in?

Advertisement
Miami by a couple of td's. You have Richards back and Walton is playing out of his mind.

Manny has opted to go without the Depenz and has, instead, chosen to spray his ***** all over the field.
Genius comments.

to

If Toledo had guys running free for 60 minutes then why did they gain 289 of their yards in the 1st half, then only 115 in the 2nd half with 77 coming off of one drive where we had all of our backups in?

If you watched the game and aren't just looking at stats, then you saw the guys running free in our secondary. As good as Woodside was, he missed a couple, and they had some drops too.

to

If you watched the game and aren't just looking at stats, then you saw the guys running free in our secondary. As good as Woodside was, he missed a couple, and they had some drops too.

I've watched the game 4-5 times now. They were running free in the 1st half, but the defense played much better in the 2nd half. They picked on Perry all day when he was in, more than Delaney, but in the 2nd half they couldn't move the ball until we went up 38-16 and literally subbed out the entire defense except for Redwine. They had a 77 yard drive. 77 yards of their 115 they got all half.

Advertisement
Back