Canes Favored by 5 1/2 over Duke

Advertisement
They are better than they are most years and have three double digit victories vs. Power 5 teams; however, with that said, if we don't roll them, I will be severely disappointed.

The spread is 5.5.

Nobody with an IQ of over 25 expects us to roll them.

Win? Yes

Roll? No

Exactly. At least half of this board expects us to win by 20+

Duke is now a running team. They run about 50 times a game, and they are decent at it - but not great. They pick up fewer yards than their opponent typically allows. They also hold their opponents to 2.3 ypc, which is more than a yard less than the opponents' average. So, this game will be won or lost in the trenches. Walton will get to earn his stripes, and our much vaunted D-line will have a chance to showcase their talents - or not.

They run 50, but also throw it 37 times a game.

Wow. As a guy that has gambled regularly and fairly heavily for the past 20 years, -5.5 is a very scary line. Line says to bet Duke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the line say to bet Duke? How does that statement even make sense?

I take it you don't gamble?

If this opened at Miami -14.5 at Duke, I'd think it was gonna be a blowout and bet Miami. -5.5 says close game, and public money will likely be around 70% on Miami. So you'll have a home dog with 30% of the public on them, that's who you take, whether you like it or not.

That's how the line says to bet Duke.

Advertisement
Wow. As a guy that has gambled regularly and fairly heavily for the past 20 years, -5.5 is a very scary line. Line says to bet Duke.

If this opened at Miami -14.5 at Duke, I'd think it was gonna be a blowout and bet Miami. -5.5 says close game, and public money will likely be around 70% on Miami. So you'll have a home dog with 30% of the public on them, that's who you take, whether you like it or not.

Exactly right. Although home dogs are VERY trendy nowdays in the betting world.

They are better than they are most years and have three double digit victories vs. Power 5 teams; however, with that said, if we don't roll them, I will be severely disappointed.

The spread is 5.5.

Nobody with an IQ of over 25 expects us to roll them.

Win? Yes

Roll? No

lol for real. We're not the 2001 canes. I'll take the W and move on to FSU. Duke is not going to be an easy game

giphy.gif

That only holds true if the line doesn't adjust in Dukes favor. Everything is in the adjustment after the opening line

Advertisement

That only holds true if the line doesn't adjust in Dukes favor. Everything is in the adjustment after the opening line

If it moves towards Duke, I'd personally be more likely to bet Duke. I'll feel better if this moves towards miami, hopefully to at least -7.

This is the game I'm expecting to see our DEFENSE dominant in, we need that side of the ball to be on point!! This Duke team is flying under the radar and they are much better than ppl give them credit for.. This is the start of conference play and I expect to see this UM team flying around making plays... Overall Miami has the much better team, BUT going on the road against a hot team like Duke, I think it's all about be focus and capitalizing on their mistakes!! Our DEFENSE will be the key in this game, we need pressure on the QB all game long, BC he's a good one.. We don't hear much about him, but he's putting this Duke team in winning situations and finishing..

As for the offense, I think this is a game where the run game will have to be more of the focus and Rosier will be able to use his play action for nice pass plays down the field, BUT we need the horse good and healthy!! I see this game being the game that Rosier puts his name out there as someone to watch moving forward..

Advertisement
Do people say we're going to destroy every opponent, even ones that are going to win 8-9 games like Duke, just so if we don't, they have something to about? I'm asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Do people say we're going to destroy every opponent, even ones that are going to win 8-9 games like Duke, just so if we don't, they have something to about? I'm asking for a friend.

Is the bold missing a word?

Tell your friend Dook is a bunch of PC s and they will never beat Miami again.. especially under that whiny little b*tch of a coach leading the team. Decent football program. Zero threat.

Is the bold missing a word?

Tell your friend Dook is a bunch of PC s and they will never beat Miami again.. especially under that whiny little b*tch of a coach leading the team. Decent football program. Zero threat.

No, this board does that when you type in b itch

Advertisement
Couldn't find a mention of this in the news-observer. Cutliff says it's 'going to be a great atmosphere on Fri night'...this is the best team he's had.

Duke's RB (shoulder) and best lb (knee) are both questionable after sustaining injuries vs UNC.

Shaun Wilson? He's hurt? He's their leading rusher and has been there for 29 years. I think Spurrier recruited him.

Duke beat 2 P5 teams that are a combined 0-8 are we serious right now that we have people scared? No way they put up more points then Toledo.

No way in **** they give up near 52 either. Scared no, but they probably aren't as bad as some are saying. I expect this to be a close game.

Duke beat 2 P5 teams that are a combined 0-8 are we serious right now that we have people scared? No way they put up more points then Toledo.

Are you just making **** up? Duke has 3 wins over P5 teams, and they are a combined 3-8. It's not good, but it's also not two teams, and it's also not 0-8.

Advertisement
Back