Canes Favored by 5 1/2 over Duke

Got em at -5.

Toledo is game 1 IMO. Its usually been said that good teams make a jump from game 1 to 2!

Hoping to see the offense keep it rolling from their second half effort/performance and the D to make some adjustments to get off the field on 3rd downs.

38-27 Canes.

Advertisement
Duke beat 2 P5 teams that are a combined 0-8 are we serious right now that we have people scared? No way they put up more points then Toledo.

Are you just making **** up? Duke has 3 wins over P5 teams, and they are a combined 3-8. It's not good, but it's also not two teams, and it's also not 0-8.

Do me a favor and look the teams that Northwestern beat, then you'll realize why I excluded them from the list.

Last edited:
Wow. As a guy that has gambled regularly and fairly heavily for the past 20 years, -5.5 is a very scary line. Line says to bet Duke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the line say to bet Duke? How does that statement even make sense?

I take it you don't gamble?

If this opened at Miami -14.5 at Duke, I'd think it was gonna be a blowout and bet Miami. -5.5 says close game, and public money will likely be around 70% on Miami. So you'll have a home dog with 30% of the public on them, that's who you take, whether you like it or not.

That's how the line says to bet Duke.

At 14.5 it would be a bad line and if I weren't a Miami fan I'd take 14.5 all day long. Who the **** cares what the public thinks, they are wrong more than 50% of the time or Vegas wouldn't exist. lol Been betting for 30 years I'm in the Vegas area right now and have been for a few years.. Miami certainly has the dogs to cover 14.5 but they haven't shown much on D yet. I do understand the lack of playing did hurt them, this in on 6 days rest on the road. Would love to see a blowout and go strong into the Florida State game. Just win this one and crush Florida State.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke beat 2 P5 teams that are a combined 0-8 are we serious right now that we have people scared? No way they put up more points then Toledo.

Are you just making **** up? Duke has 3 wins over P5 teams, and they are a combined 3-8. It's not good, but it's also not two teams, and it's also not 0-8.

Do me a favor and look the teams that Northwestern beat, then you'll realize why I excluded them from the list.

That's not how this works.

Ok so lets play the game Northwestern beat the Nevada Wolf Pack and Bowling Green Falcons (so tough), Baylor whose 0-4 only lost to Duke 34-20, and that UNC team who's 1-3 they lost 27-17. So please explain to me again why should we not A, blow them out, and B i should be scared of them.

Advertisement

Ok so lets play the game Northwestern beat the Nevada Wolf Pack and Bowling Green Falcons (so tough), Baylor whose 0-4 only lost to Duke 34-20, and that UNC team who's 1-3 they lost 27-17. So please explain to me again why should we not A, blow them out, and B i should be scared of them.

All I said was they played 3, not 2, and those 3 were a combined 3-8.

Advertisement

You forgot about Northwestern...but yes Baylor and UNC are trash this season.

This Duke team is an 8 win team this year . A good not great team. Better then GT , better then UNC , better UVA but not on the level of VT , UM , UL ect. I predict UM 34 Duke 17 as get out to a 20 to nothing lead and then duke settles in out scores us in the second half.

Wow. As a guy that has gambled regularly and fairly heavily for the past 20 years, -5.5 is a very scary line. Line says to bet Duke.

If this opened at Miami -14.5 at Duke, I'd think it was gonna be a blowout and bet Miami. -5.5 says close game, and public money will likely be around 70% on Miami. So you'll have a home dog with 30% of the public on them, that's who you take, whether you like it or not.

Nope I don't gamble on games, I like to make money. And I know enough degenerate gamblers to know that over the long term very few of them are ahead.

But I defer to your experience since I have none in this field. The 70% is an assumption, is that correct? So assuming that assumption is correct, you're saying since it's a home dog at +5.5 to take the dog? Am I understanding that right?

Advertisement

Exactly right. Although home dogs are VERY trendy nowdaysin the betting world.

Nowadays??

Betting against home dogs is a good way to go broke over time.

Sure, laying the wood with Bama -19 at Vandy looks easy, but home dogs pay out more than they lose.

Advertisement

Nope I don't gamble on games, I like to make money. And I know enough degenerate gamblers to know that over the long term very few of them are ahead.

But I defer to your experience since I have none in this field. The 70% is an assumption, is that correct? So assuming that assumption is correct, you're saying since it's a home dog at +5.5 to take the dog? Am I understanding that right?

Pretty much. Because it is +5.5 and I think we are (and the public perception is that we are) better than Duke, so the line should be higher.

And yes, 70% is just a guess.

I see it already went to 6.5, which means early money on Canes. Thats good news, IMO.

As I alluded to in another thread Duke's offensive line is going to have trouble with our front 7.

They gave up 5 sacks to Baylor's defense. What do you think our team is going to do to them?

It would not surprise me if this game was like last year's game. Close until about the 3rd quarter

Nowadays??

Sure, laying the wood with Bama -19 at Vandy looks easy, but home dogs pay out more than they lose.

Yeah nowadays. Don't try & give me a sports betting class. I paid my way through college on parlays.

Nowadays??

Yeah nowadays. Don't try & give me a sports betting class. I paid my way through college on parlays.

tenor.gif

My point still stands...go against the home dogs and you will find yourself a loser over time...nowadays or 30 years ago.

Advertisement
Back