Canes Favored by 5 1/2 over Duke

Advertisement
Wow. As a guy that has gambled regularly and fairly heavily for the past 20 years, -5.5 is a very scary line. Line says to bet Duke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the defense sees this spread and realizes they need to up their ******* play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I still think Toledo has one of the best offenses we'll play all year.

This game, Duke comes in with a chip on their shoulder because they're 4-0, expecting a win. We **** slap them in the mouth and win it 45-20.

I think we win (albeit kinda close) and I think we'll see a lateral...just to punk these fools.

Duke is now a running team. They run about 50 times a game, and they are decent at it - but not great. They pick up fewer yards than their opponent typically allows. They also hold their opponents to 2.3 ypc, which is more than a yard less than the opponents' average. So, this game will be won or lost in the trenches. Walton will get to earn his stripes, and our much vaunted D-line will have a chance to showcase their talents - or not.

Advertisement
Factors that went to the spread.
- Not in football shape yet.
- Duke is good if you've actually watched a game they played.
- Our pass defense is terrible and their QB is good.
- Their defense is also pretty good.
- Short week.
- Our defense gave up almost 900 yards in 2 games to inferior opponents.1
- The Offense starts slow in the first half this year.
- Duke is good enough to be a top 25 team. LSU and Miss State in the top 25 is a joke.

Miami wins 38-28 w/ Delaney starting
Miami wins 38-21 w/o Delaney going on the field.

Last edited:
And if we don't win by at least 21, the mouthbreathing morons on here will cry about it all week
I think you are being too kind evaluating the intelligence of many of our posters. I think many of them are mentally challenged and often irrational with their messages.

Advertisement
They are better than they are most years and have three double digit victories vs. Power 5 teams; however, with that said, if we don't roll them, I will be severely disappointed.

The spread is 5.5.

Nobody with an IQ of over 25 expects us to roll them.

Win? Yes

Roll? No

At the end of the day, it's Duke. A Duke team who has yet to be challenged by a team with more talent than them. "Roll" might have been too much of an exaggeration, but we should beat them by 2 touchdowns, in my opinion.

I agree with this.
The defense will settle down. AR back will help the O.
The UNC game was big for them. I think we're in good shape.
34-20 sounds about right.

Advertisement
Duke beat 2 P5 teams that are a combined 0-8 are we serious right now that we have people scared? No way they put up more points then Toledo.

Advertisement
Back