Can we do it?

If we lose to FSU at home with our talent..well, I'll start to question a lot of things.

Richt scares me sometimes, man. Great coach, great man, and I love what he's doing with the program, but that's the kind of game he's lost in the past at UGA

Advertisement
I'm talking to the old heads right now, so if you're under 30 (I want to say 35) don't even respond. I am talking to the crowd that have seen it done and know with it supposed to feel like and look like,

Ya'll know what I'm asking you, so I am not even going to say the words. Can we do it?

yep. feels like 2000. Without the bcs fvckery that kept us from smashing ou for our 5th.

Last edited:
Since I've met the minimum age requirement since the Clinton administration, I'll respond: :cool:

Can we?... Maybe.

Random thoughts on the topic.

• We have a few question marks related to making a true title run. (OL, DT & QB).
  • We have less question marks than 90+% of teams
  • Very few teams don't have many question marks (Bama & Clemson come to mind)
  • We have a favorable schedule (strong enough to make the playoff case but not excessively strong)
  • We've got enough of the national media's attention in the pre-season. (A two-score victory over LSU puts us on the playoff map.)
  • The team had a brief taste of the playoff hype last year. That's a good thing for this season where I expect the playoff hype to be massive by midseason.
To sum up..... We're close....VERY close.

Bingo

We can beat LSU. I expect to beat LSU. I'm not saying we're going to blow them out but I want a W there.

Next 4 games are W's. UNC has 50 11 players suspended until our Thursday night home game against them. That is a W

FSU is a rivalry game and we have not beaten them at home since 2004. Toss up. Straight up. Do I think we can win? Of course. Win the game.

Virginia will be an interesting one but we pull away late again.

Boston College after LSU and FSU is the scariest game on this schedule. They always play us tough up there but we have a bi-week to prepare. We should win.

Duke is Duke.

Georgia Tech is going to have issues with the new rules working against them and we have owned them of late. Win the game.

Blacksburg is a tough place to play but I believe barring a defensive coaching miracle they simply lost WAY to much talent to hang with our offense. You don't replace two starting 5th year senior corners along with the 7 other starters lost to attrition.

F*** PITTSBURGH

Listen if we roll into that Pittsburgh game 11-0 and lose? Shoot me in the face.
I am more concerned about the bi week before BC. I mean that might excite some posters here, but who knows what it would do to the team?

Advertisement
The Talent and coaching are there.

Improve the execution in all aspects and we will see a team. That isn't in nail biters vs teams it should easily beat and be competitive vs the likes of a Clemson.

If we beat LSU we should win all the rest of the regular season games. We aren't at the Clemson/Bama level yet. But we are better than most, we are a legit top 10 team.

Not enough talent / depth to win a natty .

We’re starting to look like what I grew up on but the depth especially on D and Ol isn’t quite there. Qb play isn’t there yet either.

“ If” the Dl / ol stays healthy and Malik can get close to 60 % without long stretches of bad we could make a run at the playoff.

Clemson is still better imo but the gap is getting very close , I see 10-11 wins and a nice bowl. Possible 12-2 if we stay healthy,

I’d say that’s the ceiling.

Advertisement
I'm talking to the old heads right now, so if you're under 30 (I want to say 35) don't even respond. I am talking to the crowd that have seen it done and know with it supposed to feel like and look like,

Ya'll know what I'm asking you, so I am not even going to say the words. Can we do it?

35 is a good cutoff but a lot of porsters will show up with fake ids. Winning isn't just about talent. Also requires luck and not getting "Longest Yard"-ed by the zebras. Like the man said, we finish healthy and on a roll, we can go all the way. Maybe Williams pulls a Tagaviola and comes into the game when Rosier has another Pittsburgh-like performance, leads us to victory and doesn't give up the reins for the next three years.

I am more concerned about the bi week before BC. I mean that might excite some posters here, but who knows what it would do to the team?

I disagree, Thomas, because Chestnut hill is always a tough place to play and I think that's a classic trap game (without the bye). The bye will give the team a chance to reset and refocus.

Advertisement

**** yeah!

This year, I think they take another step forward (just not quite THE step), but I'm also in the boat that a good bounce every once in a blue moon, and maybe...

Now, that said...
If we get to that point, it would mean rosier has performed much better (at least marginally better) than we had expected,
...does that not imply maybe a 5th yr QB can get better (with the right coaching)?
Were definitely getting close,.. I think the players can sense how close they are, ..

Rosier knows this is it. He knows he has a short leash and more than likely this is his last year of playing organized football. I know I'm in the minority here, but I think he improves over last year and other than the last 3 games he wasn't that bad. Over 3100 yds passing ain't too shabby. Needs to lower those ints though. Let's not forget we lost Mark Walton, AR and Herndon. That is a lot of offensive power and that could cripple any QB just a little.
Just imagine if Joe Jackson, Shaq Q., Mike Pink and Zac would come back next year how nasty our D could be. Probably won't happen, but no one can stop me from hoping. I think we blow LSU, FSU and all others not named VT and BC out. Away games and it's gonna be **** and cold at VT. But I think Richt is starting to get these players in the right mindset. We'll see. We ain't on Clemson and Bama level but we could get lucky and make the playoff with this schedule if the ball bounces our way and we avoid injuries to key players, just like the 3 I named above that got hurt last year.

Advertisement
I disagree, Thomas, because Chestnut hill is always a tough place to play and I think that's a classic trap game (without the bye). The bye will give the team a chance to reset and refocus.
I think you misunderstood "bi week". Bye weeks are great.

In our 1st NC season, we lost to the swamp slime in the opening game. No body expected to take it all that year, especially after that, and certainly not me. By the time we got to that game with NE, we were huge underdog against the “greatest” team ever. By kick off I had over 20k on the Caneswinning straight up with nice odds up to 4 to 1. Last year felt a little like that year but fizzled.

This year, we have very deep RB room, 5th year QB with a conference title game to revenge, strong WRs, and perhaps the best TE prospect in our history. If Willis plays to his promise, we are strong and expierced up the middle of the D with serious MLB and safeties. One more thing, that ND game last year felt like being in our santurary, the OB, for the first time at the Rock — I believe it became our home that night.

Are we three deep in 1st round picks, nope. But we weren’t that first year either. Is Rosier as great as Kosar, nope but he is cool under fire like Bernie was. If we get to the playoffs, do we have a chance against Bama, heck no! But we didn’t against NE either. If we get to that game, I plan on taking a crap load of money from all my cousins in Bama. I guess that means I am feeling it a little.

Let’s heal the political divide. Can we make Canes great again? Yes we can!

Advertisement
Back