Can we do it?

First game was in 1976 and was there in person for the Ship in "83. The item that is missing from my perspective is the fear from the opponents. We won more than one game before kickoff in the late 80s. I believe that the Coastal division respects us, but there is no fear of us yet, they all see a "possibility" to beat us. The fear will come with a few 11 win seasons.
I fell in love with the Canes that 83 game and you bring up a good point. Back in the day, I felt we could not be beaten. Did our opponents feel the same way? I don't know but as a fan, I knew we were going to win. I want to feel that way again.

Advertisement
Been a fan since the 60's and took some losses hard but always appreciated the fact we historically played with determination and intensity. It is hard to be disappointed when outside factors determine the outcome as long as the team is giving 100 percent. To me that is the Canes Thing, not necessarily winning or losing but how we played every game. We've had more than our share of bad breaks, especially from officiating. All I expect is the Hurricane effort we have come to expect and let the chips fall where they may. Last year was not disappointing because injuries depleted our roster and we simply did not have the depth of talent that has made us great. This year looks better but already we lost our starting tight end and have to depend on two freshmen and one older player that is not top quality at a position we define. If we get a few breaks, avoid injuries we could end up with a great outcome, our depth is getting there thanks to finally having great recruiters and a solid personality as head coach. I say enjoy the season and only look at the effort to see if this squad deserves accolades ala our great teams, I doubt that our true fans will be disappointed.

Punchers chance is the best way to describe our odds.

With our defense I'd add ...with an iron chin

The stars are aligned. Favorable schedule, players peaking at the right time, should improve at all positions, so........this is as good a chance as we've had in years.

Advertisement
Rosier isn’t a championship caliber quarterback. But that doesn’t mean we can’t get back to the ACC title game to get worked by Clemson again.

I say 10-2

Being real it would take a miracle. I still feel like we are lacking depth on the DL and frontline OL talent. The issues remain those that we have discussed ad nauseum, however the biggest to me is our goal line offense; if we can't line up and big boy the ball into the endzone on a somewhat consistent basis then we are not a championship team. IMO.

Can the Oline match our WR and RB depth is the key. Can we convert third downs and get off the field on third downs defensively? The 2 deep on defense as well, guys like Steed, Wilder, Jennings, Ford, D. Smith, Carter and Finley. These guys have to become ballers, especially on special teams. This is a good team, I believe in it. I believe Rosier, while not a good technical QB, he is a gamer. He is a man back there built like a tank. In regards to the opening game, Diaz needs to come out and just lay the wood to LSU. They just had two QBs transfer and he doesnt have another meaningful game till October. Make sure their offense feels the entire weight of our athletes. They shouldnt score more than 14 offensively. We are **** close and yeah we have a punchers chance to be a playoff team

I don't think we ready to win a chip this year. I really have to see how #12 play. If #12 ball out we definitely have a chance to make playoffs.

Advertisement
The U is stacking chips in a lot of areas but needs a major upgrade at QB. Rosier may be a ‘gamer’ and have highlight moments but he’s too inconsistent and inaccurate. I’m hoping we’ll get a positive look at our future QBs at various points in the season.

we are very close. I say not yet but anything can happen. Saying that Im very excited about this team.

Feels like 1999 ... we will win more games than that team but QB questions early in the year flashes of greatness but a year or two away

But t his is the best I have felt about the canes since 2002

Advertisement
Not yet.

Maybe if Clemson had gone through the expected exodus of it's underclassmen, but when all those potential first rounders came back...

Advertisement
I'm talking to the old heads right now, so if you're under 30 (I want to say 35) don't even respond. I am talking to the crowd that have seen it done and know with it supposed to feel like and look like,

Ya'll know what I'm asking you, so I am not even going to say the words. Can we do it?
Yes we can...
Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
Back