Can we do it?

The Svengali

Sophomore
I'm talking to the old heads right now, so if you're under 30 (I want to say 35) don't even respond. I am talking to the crowd that have seen it done and know with it supposed to feel like and look like,

Ya'll know what I'm asking you, so I am not even going to say the words. Can we do it?

Advertisement
I'm talking to the old heads right now, so if you're under 30 (I want to say 35) don't even respond. I am talking to the crowd that have seen it done and know with it supposed to feel like and look like,

Ya'll know what I'm asking you, so I am not even going to say the words. Can we do it?
As long as football is played with an oval, you're going to need a few well timed lucky bounces. If a few more go our way than not, yes. With this team and this schedule, we have a punchers chance in a prize fight.

Advertisement
Yes

Anything below 11-1 is a failure. Get it done. This schedule is straight ***.

This right here. I can live with 1 loss. No way in the world a great staff loses 2 games with this collection of players, playing this schedule.

Not only is the schedule a joke, but it sets up absolutely perfectly to run the table. 1 loss to anyone except FSU, a Coastal win, and at least a competitive game against Clemson that we have a chance to win in the 4th quarter. That should be the floor.

But what you're asking, can we win a national championship, no. Not yet. Need 1-2 more elite classes and a good to great QB. Not quite there yet.

This right here. I can live with 1 loss. No way in the world a great staff loses 2 games with this collection of players, playing this schedule.

Not only is the schedule a joke, but it sets up absolutely perfectly to run the table. 1 loss to anyone except FSU, a Coastal win, and at least a competitive game against Clemson that we have a chance to win in the 4th quarter. That should be the floor.

But what you're asking, can we win a national championship, no. Not yet. Need 1-2 more elite classes and a good to great QB. Not quite there yet.

Bingo

We can beat LSU. I expect to beat LSU. I'm not saying we're going to blow them out but I want a W there.

Next 4 games are W's. UNC has 50 11 players suspended until our Thursday night home game against them. That is a W

FSU is a rivalry game and we have not beaten them at home since 2004. Toss up. Straight up. Do I think we can win? Of course. Win the game.

Virginia will be an interesting one but we pull away late again.

Boston College after LSU and FSU is the scariest game on this schedule. They always play us tough up there but we have a bi-week to prepare. We should win.

Duke is Duke.

Georgia Tech is going to have issues with the new rules working against them and we have owned them of late. Win the game.

Blacksburg is a tough place to play but I believe barring a defensive coaching miracle they simply lost WAY to much talent to hang with our offense. You don't replace two starting 5th year senior corners along with the 7 other starters lost to attrition.

F*** PITTSBURGH

Listen if we roll into that Pittsburgh game 11-0 and lose? Shoot me in the face.

Advertisement
Puncher's chance is the perfect metaphor. I think its' unrealistic to expect this team to win the title but I don't think it's an unrealistic possibility.

This is the first time in over a decade I can honestly say that. There's enough firepower on both sides to beat anybody but just not enough consistency to expect it. Plus, I believe Clemson is the best team in the nation this year and it seems likely we'll have to play them in the ACCCG.

I think we'll lose at least 1 regular season game and then we'll likely lose to Clemson... though I'm not writing that in ink just yet. That should put us out of the playoffs, but we should be the best team not in the playoffs and win the bowl game.

That's my expectation with this talent. It's hard for me to expect more without a better QB, but hopefully they surprise me. Anything more than 2 losses is a disappointment, including the ACCCG and bowl game.

Bingo

We can beat LSU. I expect to beat LSU. I'm not saying we're going to blow them out but I want a W there.

Next 4 games are W's. UNC has 50 11 players suspended until our Thursday night home game against them. That is a W

FSU is a rivalry game and we have not beaten them at home since 2004. Toss up. Straight up. Do I think we can win? Of course. Win the game.

Virginia will be an interesting one but we pull away late again.

Boston College after LSU and FSU is the scariest game on this schedule. They always play us tough up there but we have a bi-week to prepare. We should win.

Duke is Duke.

Georgia Tech is going to have issues with the new rules working against them and we have owned them of late. Win the game.

Blacksburg is a tough place to play but I believe barring a defensive coaching miracle they simply lost WAY to much talent to hang with our offense. You don't replace two starting 5th year senior corners along with the 7 other starters lost to attrition.

F*** PITTSBURGH

Listen if we roll into that Pittsburgh game 11-0 and lose? Shoot me in the face.
Can't. I only have one bullet.

Advertisement
I expect us to win the orange bowl.

College football is weird though. You never know

If 12 improves from 54 to 60-65% range then **** yeah we can do it....IF he is still the same QB then no. Simple as that really.

Richt deaded the QB conversation early- he realized that Kosi and Weldon aint 'IT', and to allow Jarren time to develop without the pressure. If 12 can't get it done, we are looking at a 8-9 win ceiling for this team

It comes down to injuries and luck, LY injuries killed us at the end as well ans the 12 weeks straight. We were hurt and gassed in the end.

Advertisement
I think we'll lose at least 1 regular season game and then we'll lose to Clemson. That should put us out of the playoffs, but we should be the best team not in the playoffs and win the bowl game.

That's my expectation with this talent. It's hard for me to expect more without a better QB, but hopefully they surprise me. Anything more than 2 losses is a disappointment, including the ACCCG and bowl game.

Sign me up for this. All the rave reviews coming out of camp won’t help this team get anywhere if the starting QB can’t get the job done.

I don’t feel like the product is finished yet.

Then again, I never thought Miami would start off 10-0 last season, so...

I think we'll lose at least 1 regular season game and then we'll likely lose to Clemson... though I'm not writing that in ink just yet. That should put us out of the playoffs, but we should be the best team not in the playoffs and win the bowl game.

This is what my gut tells me too, and I hate myself for thinking it. I see two losses. I think we're going to drop a game against either LSU, FSU or VT

But, I'll say this: If we can somehow get the the ACCCG with an undefeated regular season, I'll like our odds against Clemson.

Can Rosier make the leap?

I am not buying that he will, but IF that happens all bets will be off.....the deck will reshuffle and it could put us in the hunt

Advertisement
Back