Can we do it?

Advertisement
Every single national championship team has been led by an accurate throwing, quick thinking QB who refused to lose when the heat was on.
I've seen them all, but I think Bernie Kosar, who had the mobility of a brick, is still the gold standard for clutch performances in a championship season.
I think it's up to Rosier.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Been down since early 80's as a little S. Fla. Chard. IMO, it depends on that oline. All the other positions groups are experienced and have shown us they can handle their business. The oline has to show me something. They play right, your answer is Yes!

This of course doesn't take into consideration those **** unexpected injuries that can derail a season.

When it happens, you might not be expecting it. Count me as one of the people who thought losing our head coach in 2001 meant a steady slip into mediocrity. A flight back home from Pasadena in Jan '02 was a different story. In 2019, we will have eliminated our Al Golden QBs. Our OL should be wiser and more fit. 2019 is the year I expect a LOT from our program.

Since I've met the minimum age requirement since the Clinton administration, I'll respond: :cool:

Can we?... Maybe.

Random thoughts on the topic.

• We have a few question marks related to making a true title run. (OL, DT & QB).
  • We have less question marks than 90+% of teams
  • Very few teams don't have many question marks (Bama & Clemson come to mind)
  • We have a favorable schedule (strong enough to make the playoff case but not excessively strong)
  • We've got enough of the national media's attention in the pre-season. (A two-score victory over LSU puts us on the playoff map.)
  • The team had a brief taste of the playoff hype last year. That's a good thing for this season where I expect the playoff hype to be massive by midseason.
To sum up..... We're close....VERY close.

You make a good point here. If we can manage an impressive 2-score+ victory over LSU things actually could break for us so even a loss in the ACCCG wouldn't stop our playoff hopes.

Advertisement
You make a good point here. If we can manage an impressive 2-score+ victory over LSU things actually could break for us so even a loss in the ACCCG wouldn't stop our playoff hopes.
Beating them badly helps a lot. Remember, we got little respect until we destroyed the team Georgia struggled with. Margin of victory against common opponents goes a long way.

With all the love we receive from ACC officials?
10-2.
11-1 with Devine intervention..

Advertisement
We are close.

The D is almost there. With a top D we are in every game against anybody.

The O is just an OL away. I think Rosier can be good enough and we have the playmakers.

With that said, and no one ever mentions this very much but it really is key for this year, stay healthy and we can have a great season right now in 2018.

One quick example. We got beat a couple of years back in a bowl by a Washington St team that had zero, yes zero injuries going into that game. When you have the same 22 starters playing every game you can beat more talented teams.

OL executes /QB1 improvement as stated so far/No injuries = yes we can.

I think we match much better against Clemson comparing to last year game. Our players are stronger, more durable. I have no doubt that a great conditioning program was developed for everyone after the Clemson game. We are physically lot closer to them Cle/Baga that many people think.

Advertisement
I think we'll lose at least 1 regular season game and then we'll likely lose to Clemson... though I'm not writing that in ink just yet. That should put us out of the playoffs, but we should be the best team not in the playoffs and win the bowl game.

That's my expectation with this talent. It's hard for me to expect more without a better QB, but hopefully they surprise me. Anything more than 2 losses is a disappointment, including the ACCCG and bowl game.

If we drop a regular season game, my guess is that its @Va Tech. That's the game the scares me the most.

Second straight road game - Ga Tech the week before Va Tech.

I am more concerned about the bi week before BC. I mean that might excite some posters here, but who knows what it would do to the team?

I think that bye week comes at the perfect time. Friday night road games have historically been bad karma for ranked teams (assuming the team is ranked in the top 10 when the game is played), so this gives extra time for preparation.

Advertisement
Back