Can we be honest about the talent in FL

1. Dalvin Cook was never going to come to Miami. Let's end that discussion right now.

2. We need to recruit out of state more for fall back options and not just take the run of the mill S FL 3* just because he's a "S FL 3* DOG".

Why we don't recruit kids that Bama/UGA didn't take in the Georgia is mind boggling. Last year we should've went and recruited Jaycee Horn. Yet now it looks like he's going to be a Freshman AA at South Carolina. We easily could've landed him and wouldn't have an issue at CB.

Advertisement
We have this argument all the time. Bottom line is Alabama wins by recruiting the southeast and they recruit more players from GA than FL. FL has a large population so of course, it produces a lot of talent. It is a shame that the kids are poorly coached and when grouped together can not learn college football. This was Goldens problem, he thought he could teach a bunch of south Florida kids high IQ football but they could not learn it. Our 2001 team was full of guys from all over the country. We won't win until we pull top talent from other areas. Look at QBs from the GA: Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, Davis Mills, Jake Fromm, Chase Brice, Trevor Lawrence, Emory Jones, and Justin Fields. Right now in HS, you have Harrison Bailey, Max Johnson, and Brock Vandagriff.

There's a reason UGA is/was dropping bags around S.fla like Scrooge Mcduck my man...

1. Dalvin Cook was never going to come to Miami. Let's end that discussion right now.

2. We need to recruit out of state more for fall back options and not just take the run of the mill S FL 3* just because he's a "S FL 3* DOG".

Why we don't recruit kids that Bama/UGA didn't take in the Georgia is mind boggling. Last year we should've went and recruited Jaycee Horn. Yet now it looks like he's going to be a Freshman AA at South Carolina. We easily could've landed him and wouldn't have an issue at CB.

Don't understand why we don't do number 2 more often. Those OOS kids aren't as tuned in as the ones right here and are more enamored by the brand. We should be pulling 4 star back up plans from OOS and not Nigel Bethel types.

Don't understand why we don't do number 2 more often. Those OOS kids aren't as tuned in as the ones right here and are more enamored by the brand. We should be pulling 4 star back up plans from OOS and not Nigel Bethel types.

Agreed.The out of state/out of area guys arent tainted by the outside noise or guys around them. Just look at Nunn who likely just decommitted because of the losses and people around him saying stuff

Advertisement
Just saw this on the Twitters. smfh **** shame.

When we were 10-0 last year I was defiant:
college.gif

After this Duke loss tho:
how come.gif

I just wanted to go to Charlotte man!!!:snoopfacepalm:

We have this argument all the time. Bottom line is Alabama wins by recruiting the southeast and they recruit more players from GA than FL. FL has a large population so of course, it produces a lot of talent. It is a shame that the kids are poorly coached and when grouped together can not learn college football. This was Goldens problem, he thought he could teach a bunch of south Florida kids high IQ football but they could not learn it. Our 2001 team was full of guys from all over the country. We won't win until we pull top talent from other areas. Look at QBs from the GA: Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, Davis Mills, Jake Fromm, Chase Brice, Trevor Lawrence, Emory Jones, and Justin Fields. Right now in HS, you have Harrison Bailey, Max Johnson, and Brock Vandagriff.

Al Golden does not teach high football IQ. He teaches his system and forces players to fit into it even if it's not best for them. Same thing is happening with Richt on offense right now.

Advertisement
Yes, we always have this argument. And this is always the answer:

2018 NFL players by state:

211 — Florida
185 — California
175 — Texas
123 — Georgia
76 — Ohio
60 — Alabama
59 — Louisiana

2018 NFL players by city:

24 — Miami, Fla.
20 — Houston, Texas
16 — Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
15 — Cincinnati, Ohio
14 — New Orleans, La.
12 — San Diego, Calif.

Miami produces the best players. And contrary to what you say in your post, they come in more prepared than anyone. That's why they consistently play as freshmen on teams like Alabama and Georgia.

By the time they get to college, they are experienced. They've competed in a professional environment against big-time competition since age 6.

The Canes always need players from across the country like Jeff Thomas and Gerald Willis. But if the best local talent keeps going elsewhere, we will keep losing.

https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/s...cle_8f4c2ea4-b796-11e8-9bc9-c7fe32f59d89.html

Your fallacy is you believe that NFL picks equate to readiness for college. You also cite statistics that can be misleading. For example, Gwinnett County has 24 players on active rosters in the NFL, but because the county has a bunch of cities it does not make the list. In fact, Norcross High School has more players in the NFL outside of St Thomas and Long Beach Poly.

You also claim that your youth football is the best and you base this on drug dealers beating on games. Go watch "The Year of the Bull", there is no coaching in that documentary. The facts are Florida, Miami, and Florida State all suck. Twenty years ago this doesn't happen because of raw talent. You brought up coaching in your Deja vu post. You say, "Nobody is just lining up and beating guys man-on-man. The state of football is too advanced. You need to always be looking for an edge. " Did you ever think why? The answer is simple, everyone else got better and raw skill is no longer the difference maker.

Dmoney posted that he was hearing rumblings they were a few months back I believe

Sure, some kids starts a rumor in hopes of getting paid. UGA is not dropping bags, they don't need to.

Sure, some kids starts a rumor in hopes of getting paid. UGA is not dropping bags, they don't need to.

These rumors start with college coaches who coached with Kirby. He was a notorious bag man before he even got to UGA.

Advertisement
UGA pays. If they do not pay, why do they have a Foundation? UGA pays as much as Alabama. There is nothing in that state except for the 'Dawgs, bars, country clubs and strip clubs.

They paid $200,000 cash for Michel and also got a his family jobs. That is a fact.

All of the SEC pays. GTech is currently producing some of the most sought after graduates in the country and only 5% remain in-state. San Francisco lands more Yellow Jackets than Atlanta. Georgia is a dump, they have to pay.

Head of the fund I worked at in Atlanta contributed > $100,000 per annum to the bag game and he was quite open about it. So was the Head of the Tax Department.

Your fallacy is you believe that NFL picks equate to readiness for college.

How many South Florida guys are five-year redshirts? They play early because they're ready. Tyson Campbell walked right into Georgia and started Day 1 over your "well-coached" Southern kids. Pat Surtain did the same thing at Alabama. It happens everywhere, every year.

You also claim that your youth football is the best and you base this on drug dealers beating on games.

I base this on our youth football teams dominating. From 2009-2013, a different South Florida youth team won the Pop Warner Super Bowl every year. That's five different parks in five years. Those are the kids we're recruiting now.

South Florida doesn't have more "raw talent." Texas kids do better in track, and every region has bigger players. The South Florida kids are just more ready to compete because they are mentally tougher. They have played better competition for a longer time.

Advertisement
Just saw this on the Twitters. smfh **** shame.

When we were 10-0 last year I was defiant:
View attachment 68392

After this Duke loss tho:
View attachment 68393

I just wanted to go to Charlotte man!!!:snoopfacepalm:

That Chick said kids come to Bama b/c they play the best players, unlike Richt. I mean I’m not sure if she’s a So Fla Bama groupie, but she gotta point. Saban ain’t stopping playing kids b/c they r freshmen.

UGA pays. If they do not pay, why do they have a Foundation? UGA pays as much as Alabama. There is nothing in that state except for the 'Dawgs, bars, country clubs and strip clubs.

They paid $200,000 cash for Michel and also got a his family jobs. That is a fact.

All of the SEC pays. GTech is currently producing some of the most sought after graduates in the country and only 5% remain in-state. San Francisco lands more Yellow Jackets than Atlanta. Georgia is a dump, they have to pay.

Head of the fund I worked at in Atlanta contributed > $100,000 per annum to the bag game and he was quite open about it. So was the Head of the Tax Department.

And I must say, they have mighty fine strip clubs. Lol

Think you're being a little harsh.

They got Lemon Pepper Wets.

Might get me to commit to UGA with just a 20 piece of flats.

giphy.gif

How many South Florida guys are five-year redshirts? They play early because they're ready. Tyson Campbell walked right into Georgia and started Day 1 over your "well-coached" Southern kids. Pat Surtain did the same thing at Alabama. It happens everywhere, every year.

I base this on our youth football teams dominating. From 2009-2013, a different South Florida youth team won the Pop Warner Super Bowl every year. That's five different parks in five years. Those are the kids we're recruiting now.

South Florida doesn't have more "raw talent." Texas kids do better in track, and every region has bigger players. The South Florida kids are just more ready to compete because they are mentally tougher. They have played better competition for a longer time.

I really cant believe people are questioning this. We literally had an youth league team that may have ran rough shod on a lot of states varsity teams just 2 years back.

Advertisement
Back