Can we be honest about the talent in FL

yea losing streaks bring on dumb post like this.

UM has been sorry for awhile and continue to be..high end south florida talent don't like playing for losers.

Its pretty simple...win. Thought at the end of last year there was a glimmer after ND,VT but that sh*t flew by and now its compounded by the sh*t show their producing now.

Ive been saying they need to be national still at certain positions..I mean we should be PLANTED IN METRO ATLANTA. PLANTED.
Everybody is holding camps in s.fla and were here twiddling our fingers while getting poached.

Talent in atlanta is crazy. Also seems like the kids here are receptive to UM

Advertisement
But with Bama coming in a buying guys like Jobe and Jeudy, this really hurts Miami. There is a difference between the elite talent and the rest of the pack. These guys are game changers and back in the day, Miami got their share. Now, these guys are going to SEC $$$. It matters and it makes a huge difference.
If you think we aren't buying players you are out of your mind. Where did kosi get all that money? Lemme guess he just had a good week playing the scratch offs. Every team has people shelling out money including us. To think different is naive. Some are just better at it.

yea losing streaks bring on dumb post like this.

UM has been sorry for awhile and continue to be..high end south florida talent don't like playing for losers.

Its pretty simple...win. Thought at the end of last year there was a glimmer after ND,VT but that sh*t flew by and now its compounded by the sh*t show their producing now.

Ive been saying they need to be national still at certain positions..I mean we should be PLANTED IN METRO ATLANTA. PLANTED.
Everybody is holding camps in s.fla and were here twiddling our fingers while getting poached.

This is pretty much it. I coach youth and even the ones with die hard mom n pop Cane fans for parents, you talk to them about UM and the first thing they say is "they garbage".

There are a lot of other issues at play here, but just the general consensus of Miami by the local kids is that they are garbage. They aren't exciting. They are simply put...boring.

It makes it tough to even sell "putting on for your city" by the school itself and by the recruits that try and rally their buddies to come play with them, when in the middle of the season we've got wet farts like UVA and BC.

I would rather have the Dalvin Cooks than get beat by them.

We can call them traitors all we want. They are the best players and we need to sign them.

I still think we'd have signed Dalvin if we hadn't emphasized Yearby.

Its about the bags in a lot of cases. Once in a while you'll get a 4-5 star kid that wants to be a cane but a lot of the kids/handlers/parents are following the money trail. We aren't going to compete with that so we will continue to lose a lot of good kids.

Advertisement
South Florida tri-county area still has the best players in the world. The only difference between 1985 and 2018 is that it used to be a well kept secret, the canes were winning, schemes have changed, and we had a different head coach

I still think we'd have signed Dalvin if we hadn't emphasized Yearby.

Don't think so... And we got yearby solely bc Coley was the coach - thought it was said if not for Coley it woulda been USF.
And how Cook mom got treated right with a house up that way, rumor it was anyways.

Don't think so... And we got yearby solely bc Coley was the coach - thought it was said if not for Coley it woulda been USF.
And how Cook mom got treated right with a house up that way, rumor it was anyways.

Maybe I misremember but he had legit interest but they thought Yearby was the better back and Cook didn't want to play with Yearby.

Maybe I misremember but he had legit interest but they thought Yearby was the better back and Cook didn't want to play with Yearby.

We wanted them both...And Yearby even with the way he ended up was too good (esp at that time) to not accept his commitment.

Advertisement
We wanted them both...And Yearby even with the way he ended up was too good (esp at that time) to not accept his commitment.

Right but going after both turned Cook off. I'm saying if we had just went after Cook 100% we'd have had good shot.

Its about the bags in a lot of cases. Once in a while you'll get a 4-5 star kid that wants to be a cane but a lot of the kids/handlers/parents are following the money trail. We aren't going to compete with that so we will continue to lose a lot of good kids.

Bags are at play, but a little overstated.

Its very easy to take a bag when there isn't a sound option locally. I mean, we can trash on those that signed elsewhere, but if you search your feelings...as D$ stated earlier...who would want to play for Coker at the end, Shannon and Golden? We're talking business decision here...those players that took the bag not only ended up making money in the short term, but long term as well...they all went higher than their Miami counterpart. Who made the right decision...Amari Cooper or Stacy Coley? Dalvin Cook or Joe Yearby? Tracy Howard or Lamarcus Joyner? Jacoby Brissett, Teddy Bridgewater, and Geno Smith or Jacory Harris?

At some point, you gotta stop blaming the bags and blame the lack of a bagless alternative.

Right but going after both turned Cook off. I'm saying if we had just went after Cook 100% we'd have had good shot.

Ehhhh I'm not sure about that. Cook was playing a lot of games with a lot of teams, and FSU was very hot at that time...And again Joe Yearby was too good.

Winning is the best recruiter. These top-notch high school kids transfer schools just to win and get better opportunities nowadays. So you think they want to lose in college to unranked teams? We can only use the duffle bags as an excuse for so long.

Advertisement
Except for QB and OL, Florida is the #1 hotbed of HS football hands down. Richt needs to secure the 3 county "State of Miami." Saban beats him too often.with these kids.

At some point talent will win out. If these florida kids were so talented no way they get blown out by these less talented teams. Florida blasted by Missouri. FSU blasted by NC state. Miami beat by Duke, VA, BC cmon man. Great athletes no doubt but some of them are lacking as football players

Its not the recruiting ground it used to be. Look at the top 20 players in the nation for this year’s class. With alabama/clemson/uga coming in and picking off the top the recruiting strategy may have to change. All 3 programs look terrible. Some say coaching I say coaching is a problem but even if u watched GA/FL. Ga had a clear talent advantage. All 3 dont have qbs worth a ****. Then u have kids in south fl that complain if they dont get an offer in 8th grade but will commit to a program if they offer on the spot. I say we stop holding spots for these legacy/south fla kids unless they commit and even then we can recruit over them.
yeah, **** Jerry Jeudy, Alex Leatherwood, Savion Smith, Patrick Surtain, Daniel Wright, Xavier Williams, Josh Jobe, and about 5 others from Florida on the Alabama Roster. Yeah 4 of them start and made an impact immediately but they suck.
I got time, let me know if you want to look into OSU, LSU, UGA, ND, Michigan or others...

Advertisement
yeah, **** Jerry Jeudy, Alex Leatherwood, Savion Smith, Patrick Surtain, Daniel Wright, Xavier Williams, Josh Jobe, and about 5 others from Florida on the Alabama Roster. Yeah 4 of them start and made an impact immediately but they suck.
I got time, let me know if you want to look into OSU, LSU, UGA, ND, Michigan or others...

Bro they getting the elite talent from EVERY state

Bro they getting the elite talent from EVERY state
They are, you're right, but Florida Produces ELITE talent at every position. Every one. it may not feel like it looking at our team but UL had 2 first round QBs one of which was from Dade the other Broward.
Alabama's last two WRs taken in the first round... Dade and Broward.
Michigan's #1 Defense... 3 South Florida kids.
Cooley from ND is a possible first round pick this year and he is from Palm beach.
we are not the only area with talent but we got the most... Dont believe me go watch Central and CC in 2 weeks

We have this argument all the time. Bottom line is Alabama wins by recruiting the southeast and they recruit more players from GA than FL. FL has a large population so of course, it produces a lot of talent. It is a shame that the kids are poorly coached and when grouped together can not learn college football. This was Goldens problem, he thought he could teach a bunch of south Florida kids high IQ football but they could not learn it. Our 2001 team was full of guys from all over the country. We won't win until we pull top talent from other areas. Look at QBs from the GA: Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, Davis Mills, Jake Fromm, Chase Brice, Trevor Lawrence, Emory Jones, and Justin Fields. Right now in HS, you have Harrison Bailey, Max Johnson, and Brock Vandagriff.

We have this argument all the time. Bottom line is Alabama wins by recruiting the southeast and they recruit more players from GA than FL. FL has a large population so of course, it produces a lot of talent. It is a shame that the kids are poorly coached and when grouped together can not learn college football. This was Goldens problem, he thought he could teach a bunch of south Florida kids high IQ football but they could not learn it. Our 2001 team was full of guys from all over the country. We won't win until we pull top talent from other areas. Look at QBs from the GA: Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, Davis Mills, Jake Fromm, Chase Brice, Trevor Lawrence, Emory Jones, and Justin Fields. Right now in HS, you have Harrison Bailey, Max Johnson, and Brock Vandagriff.

Yes, we always have this argument. And this is always the answer:

2018 NFL players by state:

211 — Florida
185 — California
175 — Texas
123 — Georgia
76 — Ohio
60 — Alabama
59 — Louisiana

2018 NFL players by city:

24 — Miami, Fla.
20 — Houston, Texas
16 — Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
15 — Cincinnati, Ohio
14 — New Orleans, La.
12 — San Diego, Calif.

Miami produces the best players. And contrary to what you say in your post, they come in more prepared than anyone. That's why they consistently play as freshmen on teams like Alabama and Georgia.

By the time they get to college, they are experienced. They've competed in a professional environment against big-time competition since age 6.

The Canes always need players from across the country like Jeff Thomas and Gerald Willis. But if the best local talent keeps going elsewhere, we will keep losing.

https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/s...cle_8f4c2ea4-b796-11e8-9bc9-c7fe32f59d89.html

Advertisement
Back