Can we be honest about the talent in FL

DemCanesByke

Senior
Its not the recruiting ground it used to be. Look at the top 20 players in the nation for this year’s class. With alabama/clemson/uga coming in and picking off the top the recruiting strategy may have to change. All 3 programs look terrible. Some say coaching I say coaching is a problem but even if u watched GA/FL. Ga had a clear talent advantage. All 3 dont have qbs worth a ****. Then u have kids in south fl that complain if they dont get an offer in 8th grade but will commit to a program if they offer on the spot. I say we stop holding spots for these legacy/south fla kids unless they commit and even then we can recruit over them.

Advertisement
Florida produces more NFL players than any other state by a healthy margin.

In the past that has been true. Im talking about if it will continue going forward. In the 2018 draft florida had 36 picks while TX/CA had 27 and 28. There wasnt a florida kid picked in the tolp half of the first round and florida had abt 7 kids picked in the 7th round.

Advertisement
That’s more with less population. Florida is producing championship talent like always. We need to get more of it.

I agree but when u consider those top programs coming in getting the top end talent. Then we split whats left with FSU/UF. We hear alot about the under radar kids in south fla which is true but there are some kids in other places that we should be targeting. BC’s Oline wasnt half bad and I would bet those kids come from the NE.

Advertisement
Its not the recruiting ground it used to be. Look at the top 20 players in the nation for this year’s class. With alabama/clemson/uga coming in and picking off the top the recruiting strategy may have to change. All 3 programs look terrible. Some say coaching I say coaching is a problem but even if u watched GA/FL. Ga had a clear talent advantage. All 3 dont have qbs worth a ****. Then u have kids in south fl that complain if they dont get an offer in 8th grade but will commit to a program if they offer on the spot. I say we stop holding spots for these legacy/south fla kids unless they commit and even then we can recruit over them.

Where do you want to go then? Still the hot bed. Maybe the one’s recruiting are the issue.

That’s more NFL players with less population. Florida is producing championship talent like always. We need to get more of it.

But with Bama coming in a buying guys like Jobe and Jeudy, this really hurts Miami. There is a difference between the elite talent and the rest of the pack. These guys are game changers and back in the day, Miami got their share. Now, these guys are going to SEC $$$. It matters and it makes a huge difference.

Advertisement
What bothers me is that BC is stealing the best OL in South Florida.

Now this bothers me more than losing the top tier talent to SEC money. BC did a better job at evaluation, recruiting and selling their program???? really?!?!

We really need to look north for the trench bullies. Bama, Clemson, UGA all go up to the mid atlantic or even further north into NJ/NY area for these guys. We would have to compete with Ohio State, Penn State, and the northern ACC schools etc for them but let me tell you, Miami is a popular school up here. The academics coupled with everything else make it very desirable. It's time to branch out - look at BC's Oline. Even if we get 1-2 kids per cycle it's worth it.

Advertisement
Florida could have all the talent in the world, what you are watching is the effect of not developing that talent. All 3 of the big FL schools are coaching dumpster fires right now. Willie and Mullet have excuses its the first year blah blah blah, its going to not end well but they can use it. Miami on the other hand is in year 3 and still can't develop a QB to start over Rosier, can't find a special teams system or punter, cant develop an online that doesn't stand straight up and lean into the dline and having no push, and a LB core with 2 coaches for 1 group has never looked worse. This isn't about talent because it's here, it's about development and the lack of it within Miami.

As far as losing the top kids, I posted in another thread about the front running culture and ********* that causes that, also look at our product on the field and the lack of development...who wan't to do that?

It’s obvious that talent is more spread out across the country than it’s ever been.... and it’s also obvious that you can’t win with just Florida talent. There are states that consistently produce better talent at key positions that are vital to winning on a consistent basis.

Mainly LBer, Dline, Oline, and QB.

Florida could have all the talent in the world, what you are watching is the effect of not developing that talent. All 3 of the big FL schools are coaching dumpster fires right now. Willie and Mullet have excuses its the first year blah blah blah, its going to not end well but they can use it. Miami on the other hand is in year 3 and still can't develop a QB to start over Rosier, can't find a special teams system or punter, cant develop an online that doesn't stand straight up and lean into the dline and having no push, and a LB core with 2 coaches for 1 group has never looked worse. This isn't about talent because it's here, it's about development and the lack of it within Miami.

As far as losing the top kids, I posted in another thread about the front running culture and ********* that causes that, also look at our product on the field and the lack of development...who wan't to do that?

My counter argument would be that i dont see enough high end QB talent in the state year end and year out.

That’s more NFL players with less population. Florida is producing championship talent like always. We need to get more of it.

Even more impressive when you factor in those NFL players consistently come from one or 2 counties.

Advertisement
Back