Can someone explain the UGA rumors?

Advertisement
i just dont understand where are they getting this from coach? parents? sony? please explain

You gotta let go of your hope man, Sony Michel is going to UGA. Take it from those of us who have been thru a few recruiting cycles. It sucks because, besides Duke, Sony is the best back to come out of South Florida in the past decade. It sucks that we're not at the point right now where we get the Sony Michel's and Matthew Thomas' and the Alex Collins' but... if we just start winning again, it will come.

Win, and they will come.

i just dont understand where are they getting this from coach? parents? sony? please explain

You gotta let go of your hope man, Sony Michel is going to UGA. Take it from those of us who have been thru a few recruiting cycles. It sucks because, besides Duke, Sony is the best back to come out of South Florida in the past decade. It sucks that we're not at the point right now where we get the Sony Michel's and Matthew Thomas' and the Alex Collins' but... if we just start winning again, it will come.

Win, and they will come.

Losing Michel will hurt man. This cat was penciled to Miami for like 5 years then all of a suddenly UGA comes in with a **** eraser mane.

And not a regular eraser, one of them white ones that makes it look like nothing was ever written there.

Smh, maybe he is gone but I will stay skeptical until i get a reason why other then "sources say". Those same "sources" said Matt Thomas loved UM. Sme sources said AQM was all ND even though he never went to the campus (obviously didn't care that much). Same sources said that Collins was all UM. Same sources said for months that Stacy was all FSU. My point is those "sources" are usually from other writers who just hear rumors. Point is I am still waiting for a concrete reason why he's a done deal that i haven't read in months

Advertisement

Win, and they will come.

no matter what we did for thomas the kid didnt want to stay in town, the whole collins situation was weird, you are always going to have those kids that want to leave town and you are always going to have those weird situations, but dont think that everytime a RUMOR goes around saying that a kid is lean somewhere doesnt mean it is true, if you have been following recruiting for a while then you would know to take these rumors with a grain of salt, the kid hasnt even gone public about where he is leaning and you are already losing hope

Im not making comparisons. Im just parroting some information I saw on the premium board of another site. Lots of local south Florida folks believe we will get Cook if Sony doesn't come. And no this doesnt mean Cook is scared of competition or anything similar. It's simply the recruiting chess match.

Most years, Cook would be an A list guy for us. Given that SOny and Yearby are coming out the same year, this makes Cook a plan B guy. If Sony goes elsewhere then I suspect that Cook will become our Plan A for the 2nd RB spot.
this guy is not a plan B in any year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_znz3kF3Y

One of the closest things to hester we've seen. Definitely a plan A

Advertisement
But seriously if Sony is a true Cane and grew up the biggest fan then he will come to Miami and if he doesn't then he never was a true Cane at heart. You have your dream school recruiting you hard and for a while now so don't say you will be a cane no matter where you go. Hope he comes we need him!

But seriously if Sony is a true Cane and grew up the biggest fan then he will come to Miami and if he doesn't then he never was a true Cane at heart. You have your dream school recruiting you hard and for a while now so don't say you will be a cane no matter where you go. Hope he comes we need him!

This is where I think the signals get mixed. How big of a fan was/is Sony? He obviously wasnt like Duke but he was a fan of a certain degree. How much of a fan? I mean is it possible that this has been overstated? Think about it, these kids are very very young, interests change from year to year during that point of your life. Whether its the music you listen to or the sports team you root for. As you said we will find out soon enough, because if Sony isnt a Cane, well then he was never that big of a fan and that aspect of his recruitment was completely blown out of proportions by our own.

Just so there is no confusion I hope and still have faith that Sony will be a Cane. Even though there are reason to worry.

Advertisement

He can still rep the 305 in Georgia.

He can still rep the 305 in Georgia.

And you can rep retards anywhere you go

Or he's taking his decision with his head and not his heart... On a business stand point of view, UGA is a really good place to be, better than UM right now.

Advertisement

Or he's taking his decision with his head and not his heart... On a business stand point of view, UGA is a really good place to be, better than UM right now.

If you look at it like that maybe but at the same time not all the players do that. It's more then just on the field

If you look at it like that maybe but at the same time not all the players do that. It's more then just on the field

I agree with you, but if he do chose UGA, it doesn't mean that he wasn't a big Canes fan. Going to a school because it's the team you root for is pretty idiot if you ask me. Still, I can't see him not coming to UM, it wouldn't make sense.

I agree with you, but if he do chose UGA, it doesn't mean that he wasn't a big Canes fan. Going to a school because it's the team you root for is pretty idiot if you ask me. Still, I can't see him not coming to UM, it wouldn't make sense.

I agree with everything you said and I wont be mad at him if he chooses UGA because if its more about who you're a fan of its almost destined for failure in every other aspect of the "college life"

@ am1640 and IHATETHISPLACE:

I've never seen any of the 3 live. Im working from the info available in the marketplace. It seems that our staff thinks Yearby and Michel are the best two of these three. THAT is what makes Cook a Plan B kid. Its not based on raw talent.

The raw talent idea is what will make Cook a Plan A for our staff if Sony chooses UGA.

If Cook is Plan B and Yearby is Plan A, we need a new plan.

Advertisement
Back